Does anyone use Amla oil as a leave-in?

MadisonK

I have read that amla oil creates curlier hair. I'm wondering if it can be used as a leave-in? I'm using the Dabur amla. What could be used to hide the strong smell?

THANKS!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Hello. :) Yes I use Amla oil as a leave-in. I have noticed more defined wazes, THICKER hair, and a lot more shine. Here's my routine:

I use a conditioning shampoo (Mane N Tail),towel dry, spray a concotion of water mixed w/Infusium 23, and then I oil my scalp w/ the Amla Oil. For some reason this oil has a way of traveling all the way to my ends. I think it's because it's a rich oil.

I don't use anything else. This regimen has helped my hair become healthy. As far as the scent, I don't mind it. What could be used to mask the scent? Maybe a few drops of essential oil like peppermint or orange oil. These smell heavenly. :love:

HTH

MadisonK

sugaplum said:
Hello. :) Yes I use Amla oil as a leave-in. I have noticed more defined wazes, THICKER hair, and a lot more shine. Here's my routine:

I use a conditioning shampoo (Mane N Tail),towel dry, spray a concotion of water mixed w/Infusium 23, and then I oil my scalp w/ the Amla Oil. For some reason this oil has a way of traveling all the way to my ends. I think it's because it's a rich oil.

I don't use anything else. This regimen has helped my hair become healthy. As far as the scent, I don't mind it. What could be used to mask the scent? Maybe a few drops of essential oil like peppermint or orange oil. These smell heavenly. :love:

HTH

Thanks, Sugaplum!! I will try this.

The Girl

sugaplum said:

HTH
yes I love the orange and grapefruit oils never thought of amla as a leavin...hmmm I have some coconut oil and amla powder......

Divine Inspiration

I agree with the pp...I was going to suggest essential oils as well. They make lime, peppermint, and spearmint oils so you could play around with different ones until you found a scent that you liked.