DOES HAVING TO PM SOMEONE FOR THEIR PASSWORD MAKE YOU NOT EVEN BOTHER? DO YOU PM OR..

LocksOfLuV

Kinda OT, but I can stand it when someone has a beautiful hair siggy and then I scroll down, mouth all watering ready to look at some hair, only to read "PM me for password.":lol:

Tease, I tell ya, tease!

bLackButtaFly

LocksOfLuV said:
Kinda OT, but I can stand it when someone has a beautiful hair siggy and then I scroll down, mouth all watering ready to look at some hair, only to read "PM me for password.":lol:

Tease, I tell ya, tease!

:lachen: I agree. If it needs a PM...I'll just go sulk and peek through somebody else's. It is a tease though

healthyhairin07

Sistaslick said:
Depends on the person. If it's "must see" hair, then I'm there.

I totally agree. Many of the passwords have not been working to unlock the sites. I can understand why they would want to keep an eye on who's on their site though.

glamazon386

It doesn't bother me. If I really want to see it, I'll PM them or leave a msg in their guestbook. I get PMs all the time for my pw.

RubyWoo

I don't mind either. I have no problem sending a quick pm because I enjoy looking at other people's fotkis for progress and seeing their regimen(sp?). I can understand why some people choose to do this and I find that for the most part it's worth the extra work :).

Last edited:

RZILYNT

hmmm good question.... I always ask for passwords if I am interested in seeing further than the avatar. However many people may have fotkis for different reasons. My hair is not all that, but my Fotki happens to be one that is locked. It is because it is my personal growth diary and I have friends that I share it with. But if someone else that does not know me shows an interest I will provide the pw with no problem. I am a fairly private person. Especially after hearing what happen to silvergirl, you may not want to be solicitated with unwanted comments on your personal page. My 2 cents.

RZ

Bmack

I feel you on this one. When I read her post I was like ??? people are so ignorant at times. I think it was just hate on the trolls part who left those negative messages.

I say the hell with it mostly because I am not really going to change my staples and adopt anyone else's methods so I just go oh well! In which case there really is no need to pm anyone.

RZILYNT said:
hmmm good question.... I always ask for passwords if I am interested in seeing further than the avatar. However many people may have fotkis for different reasons. My hair is not all that, but my Fotki happens to be one that is locked. It is because it is my personal growth diary and I have friends that I share it with. But if someone else that does not know me shows an interest I will provide the pw with no problem. I am a fairly private person. Especially after hearing what happen to silvergirl, you may not want to be solicitated with unwanted comments on your personal page. My 2 cents.

RZ

Last edited:

dlewis

RZILYNT said:

RZ

Your hair is one of my favorites. :D

I've considered locking for fotki. Some people are just mean and/or stupid with the comments.:mad: But I fixed it so that no one can leave comments.

RZILYNT

dlewis said:
Your hair is one of my favorites. :D

I've considered locking for fotki. Some people are just mean and/or stupid with the comments.:mad: But I fixed it so that no one can leave comments.

Bmack - so true, people are ignorant
Dlewis - Awe, girl thanks :)

Mocha5

Yeah I recently posted my MTG growth pics on my Fotki. But after checking it, I had over 1000 hits one day and only a few comments on LHCF. It kinda creeped me out cause I started thinking maybe it wasn't the ladies on the board hitting it so I just locked it. I figured if anyone was interested they would PM me. I think that post is in Nevernever Land anyway.

Bmack

Mocha5 said:
Yeah I recently posted my MTG growth pics on my Fotki. But after checking it, I had over 1000 hits one day and only a few comments on LHCF. It kinda creeped me out cause I started thinking maybe it wasn't the ladies on the board hitting it so I just locked it. I figured if anyone was interested they would PM me. I think that post is in Nevernever Land anyway.

:lachen: :lachen: Yeah, that is scary.

leleepop

I have no problem pm'ing a person. I understand y. I am very paranoid about whos watching me on the internet also.:look:

FineChyna

Re: DOES HAVING TO PM SOMEONE FOR THEIR PASSWORD MAKE YOU NOT EVEN BOTHER? DO YOU PM

Hil84figer said:
That's me alright. If the password in their profile doesn't work, I keep it moving.
same here.

hopeful

Sistaslick said:
Depends on the person. If it's "must see" hair, then I'm there.

ITA, that's why I pm'd you for your password months ago, you hair is/was a "must see":). Definitely worth the effort.

MamaBraidedIt

To each her own.

I don't knock someone for requiring folks to PM them for a password. Though we pay money to post, there are still "trolls" on here, people just want to be safe and comfortable, I guess. It's understandable. It really depends on what mood I'm in and how good the hair advice someone gives (and their hair pics, of course) that decide if I will PM for passwords or not.

Lusa

Honestly, I am way too lazy to PM for passwords. If it's not in the profile, I usually won't bother unless there some pics that I have seen and would like to see more. :)

GlamourGirl

Re: DOES HAVING TO PM SOMEONE FOR THEIR PASSWORD MAKE YOU NOT EVEN BOTHER? DO YOU PM

leleepop said:
I have no problem pm'ing a person. I understand y. I am very paranoid about whos watching me on the internet also.:look:

ITA...I don't mind asking at all and I can completely understand why some folks choose to lock theirs. I locked mine because really it's my personal hair journal...it's really for me to keep a track of my progress. Plus there's enough information about people on the freakin internet as it is... which is scary!!

CaramelPrincezz

shunta said:
Same here. I pmed Sista because I just had to take a look at those different kinds of buns, but other than that, she was the only one.

Same here, I had to see the buns, lol. Other than that, i dont bother

ashmack

i keep it moving. if someone really wants to find out information about me, they are not going to get it in my hair journal. Nor do I believe that internet predators are lurking on LHCF and in my fotki to see what kind of hair progress I'm making. It's not that serious to keep your fotki under lock and key. It's your hair you're sharing, not your personal information. There is more personal information on the web about you besides your fotki album. Just google your name and you'd be suprised how much info comes up on you. The people that I have seen with the most inspirational hair pics don't have their albums password protected. So basically, keep it moving...

ashiah

ashmack said:
i keep it moving. if someone really wants to find out information about me, they are not going to get it in my hair journal. Nor do I believe that internet predators are lurking on LHCF and in my fotki to see what kind of hair progress I'm making. It's not that serious to keep your fotki under lock and key.

Hehe, I agree. We live in the age of Myspace, so I don't understand this mentality of, "I don't want just anyone looking at pictures of the back of my head!" Please. :lol: There's so many other things to worry about when it comes to internet security.

But then again, if people want to lock their fotkis to keep people from stealing pics, then I guess that's understandable.

firecracker

No I just say forget it. I will get a password from a profile though. I can understand the ladies that choose to lock their fotki's due to negative comments and too many hits like the poster w/1000 hits in one day.

I utilize the LHCF photo gallery which is included in my 5 buckaroo membership. :) Lurkers and Members can check out albums/pics w/o a password and that alleviates hate w/o being a part of this hair community. You can't leave comments unless your a member of this board... :grin:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I tend to be lazy so I normally just keep it moving. I think the only person I have ever PM'd for a password was hairlove when I first joined the board. She was so sweet, it really set the tone for my experience here. She was my main inspiration for going natural. There may have been one or two others, but I cant remember if I just wanted to or actually followed through. Even if the password is in the profile and not the siggy, I will sometimes bypass it. That's actually hypocritical on my part because when I had my hair album open thats where mine was because only folx who are members can view profiles. :lol: I totally understand wanting to feel safe tho, so I'm not knocking the passwords, especially if you show your face.

secretdiamond

Yeah, i completely understand the PM thing since I'm a very private person too. Heck, if I had an album, I might do the same thing. So I agree with whatever anyone must do to feel safe.

But like I said b4, I'm just too lazy to ask. :look:

LocksOfLuV

ashmack said:
i keep it moving. if someone really wants to find out information about me, they are not going to get it in my hair journal. Nor do I believe that internet predators are lurking on LHCF and in my fotki to see what kind of hair progress I'm making. It's not that serious to keep your fotki under lock and key. It's your hair you're sharing, not your personal information. There is more personal information on the web about you besides your fotki album. Just google your name and you'd be suprised how much info comes up on you. The people that I have seen with the most inspirational hair pics don't have their albums password protected. So basically, keep it moving...

Exactly. I totally feel you. I wonder what the heck people are adding on their HAIR journals.:lol: But seriously, it's not that serious. I block my face out and keep it moving.