*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
6 month is the suggested time frame in both books. But many of us started seeing results in 2 - 3 weeks thru our skin, nails and hair. But for the hair I say for really good results wait the 6 months.

Hi, all, I agree with Mona, and yes, you'll see results in skin and nails in a couple of weeks, in your hair in about 3, but for real results, wait at least 6.

I brewed a triple strength batch of Maxwell House and used it first as a spritz - put it in an empty spray bottle. Yesterday i used it as a rinse for 2 hours with a baggie, rinsed it out, deep conditioned and then used it as a spritz. I will spritz my scalp twice daily. I didn't add anything to my coffee tonic. Just put it in a spray bottle and on my scalp. I'm thinking of mixing it with my ayurvedic powders, though....

I read that it can be used as a leave-in, no rinsing necessary. Yes, I'm more alert and a lil' more energetic, not enough to clean my house, though. Darn.

I went out today to pick up my goodies, but I couldnt find any raw wheat germ :sad:. This is gonna be my recipe, let me know if it sounds good to you ladies:

1 cup whole milk
1 scoop Muscle Milk protein powder - Strawberry (16g protein)
1 TBL Viobin wheat germ oil
1 scrambled egg on the side

so basically my normal protein shake with the wheat germ oil added and my scrambled egg :ohwell:

Sounds good to me growinstrong. I think the egg is most important. The wheat germs are added bonuses. Keep look and if you can't find it just add vitamins B & E.

I got some Chia seeds Friday and have not tried it yet. I may give it a try tonight. Did you like it PuffyBrown?

I don't have any of those. I have no idea where to get those. Honestly, I haven't even looked for the chias yet.
Im not doing anything except with what I have until after the holidays.

Good morning, lovelies~ Welcome to the cocktail club, growinitstrong, sounds like a good reggie you got going.

I dropped everything to get my cocktail this morning...i was rushed (hubby slowed me down...smile...) and i refused not to drink it. I just refused. I was like, I may be late, but I will get my drink on. My sister told me yesterday that I was the picture of youthfulness and that i'd dropped 10 years....i told her, she better start having morning cocktails with me! I've been getting compliments on my hair and skin. My hair is just thrown in a transitioning bun either up or down, nothing special at all. And everyone's like, I LOVE your hair!! I'm like what? My hair? My brother says he likes the natural look and that i'm shooting for Cleopatra Jones, er, Jazzy (my nickname). He is VERY particular. Three Cheers for the Cocktail! Hip Hip Hooray. Hip Hip Hooray. Hip Hip Hooray!

i'm done.

Oh I love reading about the benefits of our Cocktail! I think I'm falling in love with myself. I just :heart2: me! My skin alone is enough for me to do this for the rest of my life!

Great, I was worried that I wouldnt see great results seeing that I couldnt find the raw wheat germ. I will definitely keep a lookout on it though. I picked up some B-complex 50 from Vitamin Shoppe, so I'm good on the B vits and my multi vitamin has a pretty good amount of vit E (150 IU~500%). I'm soooo excited.

Sounds good to me growinstrong. I think the egg is most important. The wheat germs are added bonuses. Keep look and if you can't find it just add vitamins B & E.

So I was in the local healthfood store today and I saw this lady buying a bag of raw wheatgerm. This egg cocktail came to mind immediately and I wondered if she's on LHCF or maybe a lurker. Or maybe she has nothing to do with hairboards. Who knows? Btw I live in Bronx, NY so if you're out there, holla! The store was in Pelham.

I don't have any of those. I have no idea where to get those. Honestly, I haven't even looked for the chias yet.
Im not doing anything except with what I have until after the holidays.

Hey Puff,

I added the chia seeds to my shake. They're very small and black looking. They don't have any flavor and tasted like little pieces of gravel.

But, Imma keep taking them for the sake of my hair.

Hey Puff,

I added the chia seeds to my shake. They're very small and black looking. They don't have any flavor and tasted like little pieces of gravel.

But, Imma keep taking them for the sake of my hair.
Where'd you find your chia seeds? I need to look for them...so basically, they taste just like they look, like little pieces of gravel...ick! But, for waistlength and anti-baldness, i'll take 'em....

I saw chia seeds at the helth food store yesterday in a lil ziplock bag for bout $3. It was black. Is it the right right one. Any ladies use the black chia seeds?

I brought some Chia seed for $20 this past weekend and after work I plan on returning them. I didn't open the package. I just feel I'm doing more than enuff for my hair right now. :ohwell:

My skin is glowing... I feel beautiful. I can tell this is working because I take 5000 mcg of biotin daily, with no breakouts. Usually I have to take it with a multi and a B complex.

I take my liquid multi and that's it. Oh... I don't take biotin and shake together.

I'm hiding my hair until May, so I can't really tell what's going on with it.

Hello,

Egglets! I am so glad that the cocktail is working for everybody.
I did nto take for breakfast because I was so sleepy this morning.
I am planning on having it for dinner. I am eating light this week so that
I am not overdoing it. I will eat a normal meal on thanksgiving but
you know how those calories go for holiday food.
I am so happy that it is the holidays. I love this time of year.

I am trying to think of some different things we can do with our cocktails.
For example we can make the cocktail and add nuts for a yummy crunch.
How about throwing in some strawberry bits after mixing it and topping it with
some raw coconut.

I wonder if it would lose its content if I double boiled it until thick and make
an egg cocktail custard. How about egg cocktail curd on top of a fat free cookie. Yumm. I know going to far :look:

I'm sorry, I'm way too lazy to search for this, but for the powdered egg users, are you using this in place of, or with, the raw egg?

I just ordered some powdered egg whites, and planned on using it with my raw egg, and protein scoop, but I'm not sure if that will be overload.

I've just started weight training, so i'm in full mode to be a true Amazon with crazy long hair!

Hey for those who plan on using protein powder I saw a soy one in a health food store name Super Green Pro-96. It looks pretty good and I saw good reviews on amazon. I think I'll buy this but I'll be going thru 4 lbs a month and whey makes me bulk up. Pricey, bout $60. But it's for my health cuz when I went to trichologist earlier this year she said I was protein deficient and that's one reason why my hair never grew back in those spots where it shed. So I'll find the money even if I have to prioritize my spending alittle better.

You ladies trying to make puddins' and stews!?! ...Y'all are funny! I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving,I know we are going to slack off this week,but monday,egglets,back on board! Congrats on the face glowing,hip slimmin',hair strengthening,.....y'all can add on,lets see how long it gets with the benefits of our shake!OK...:ohwell: dales shake! :lachen:

I use it in place of the raw egg. I love it. Don't let the word powder fool you. It is real egg that is pasturized and freeze dried. I tasted it without anything in it. Tasted just like egg. Icky when taken alone and raw:grin:

It is a little more pricey than a raw egg. I paid 19.99 for a 2lb can. I posted the link somewhere in the forum. I can look it up if you like. It s the equivalent of about 4 cartons of eggs. Saved me an extra couple trips to WF.

I'm sorry, I'm way too lazy to search for this, but for the powdered egg users, are you using this in place of, or with, the raw egg?

I just ordered some powdered egg whites, and planned on using it with my raw egg, and protein scoop, but I'm not sure if that will be overload.

I've just started weight training, so i'm in full mode to be a true Amazon with crazy long hair!

<<<<girl, i love that, i'll be one with ya', a 5'5 one, but an amazon with crazy long hair, nonetheless!

Hey for those who plan on using protein powder I saw a soy one in a health food store name Super Green Pro-96. It looks pretty good and I saw good reviews on amazon. I think I'll buy this but I'll be going thru 4 lbs a month and whey makes me bulk up. Pricey, bout $60. But it's for my health cuz when I went to trichologist earlier this year she said I was protein deficient and that's one reason why my hair never grew back in those spots where it shed. So I'll find the money even if I have to prioritize my spending alittle better.
<<<<it is pricey, but if your trich recommended it, i'd go for it. your worth it, and it'll pay off in the end...did you look for a less pricey alternative?

You ladies trying to make puddins' and stews!?! ...Y'all are funny! I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving,I know we are going to slack off this week,but monday,egglets,back on board! Congrats on the face glowing,hip slimmin',hair strengthening ,muscle-bulkin', bootie shimmie-ing, young-buck head turnin', you're a famous person thinkin', you got a makeover?- askin'.....y'all can add on,lets see how long it gets with the benefits of our shake!OK...:ohwell: dales shake! :lachen:
<<<dale who? this is the waistlength hair cocktail, chica~ yeah, let's give it up for dale, but i give it up to all of you who have tweaked it to meet our long-haired needs...

Happy Holiday too you to Jakibro and to all my Egglet Sisters!
Happy Thanksgiving Ladies, Be Blessed!:grouphug3:>>>>>>>>>>>>Hugs n Kisses, Br*nze~ (knowin' i'm gonna be on here, postin' tomorrow....)

[/b][/color] <<<<it is pricey, but if your trich recommended it, i'd go for it. your worth it, and it'll pay off in the end...did you look for a less pricey alternative?

Hey girl my trich didn't recommend it but what I saw with the whey and my hairgrowth is enough to make me stay on protein. Plus it will help with the deficiency. But I'm switching to soy because whey made me bulk up too much. The supergreen has 1 gram more protein than the whey I was taking, 25g to 24g. It also is about the same price as other protein powders be it whey or soy.

Back