Encouragement Thread...

TraciChanel

Hi everyone,

I'm starting this encouragement thread in the spirit of 1 Thessalonians 5:11: "Therefore encourage (admonish, exhort) one another and edify (strengthen and build up) one another, just as you are doing". So, here's how it will work - please post in this thread whatever you have gained encouragment from. This could be:
- A scripture (or scriptures)
- A quote (famous quote, quote from a friend, loved one,etc.),
- A song (or link to a song), song lyrics
- An encouraging video, etc...
- A personal experience with God (testimony)
You get the idea :yep:

It is my hope that everyone who reads and posts to this thread will be blessed and encouraged. I pray that the Holy Spirit will use this thread to encourage and uplift everyone who reads it. Amen...

Last edited:

TraciChanel

Here's a song (link below) that just speaks to my heart every time I hear it. It's called Purple, by Donnie Mclurkin.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3RKTo4Hhkw

Here are the lyrics:

When we praise heaven responds with open arms
When we praise heaven abides within your heart
Praise unlocks the door it breaks every chain
Praise releases dreams it's all in His name

Just praise through your struggles and through your pain
Just praise through the storm, yes through the rain
Beyond every dark cloud, Beyond all fear and doubt
There’s a blessing, a promise awaiting in your praise

When we praise God will do the impossible
Just have faith He can do the improbable
Tell of His awesome works, Speak well of His name
Jesus, oh Lamb of God forever shall reign

We lift our voices in one accord
Sing these praises to you oh lord
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
There is no one, No one like Thee, Holy, Holy

Praise him, Worship Him, Gonna Clap, Gonna Dance, Gonna Shout, Gonna just lift my voice and Praise Him, Worship Him, Gonna Clap, Gonna Dance, Gonna Shout
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh (2x)
Just praise, Just Praise, Just Praise (2x)

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Last edited:

TraciChanel

LucieLoo12

This is a song..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tCXObtC_fk

You Are For Me
kari jobe

So faithful. So constant.
So loving and so true.
So powerful in all You do.

You fill me. You see me.
You know my every move
and You love for me to sing to You.

I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses

I know that You have come now,
even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me who You are.

So patient, So gracious,
So merciful and true…
So wonderful in all You do.
You know me. You see me.
You know my every move.
You love for me to sing to You

Lord, I know that You are for me.
forsake me in my weaknesses.

To remind me that
To remind me who You are.

I know that You will come now,
To remind me of who You are

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

Be Still-Yolanda Adams

Slow down come closer, listen...
It's been a long time since we've
Gotten together like this.
And I really miss you.
I told you you could talk to me
But it's easy for you I see
For you to rush and get in a hurry
To be anxious and to worry.
Instead of coming to me,
And remaining in my safety.
You'd rather do it all yourself
But you know you need my help...

Be still and know, just be still and know
Be still, I will never leave your side
No, no, no I will never make you cry
You've got to know
I already know, oh yeah
The plans I have to make you thrive
(I wanna see you thrive)
Give you hope and peace of mind,
You must be still

Your best is in my hands, your success is in my plan
With tenderness I speak to you, in restfulness I keep you
I'll wash your fears away so doubt can never stay
When I stand strong in you, I give you power to renew
But You never take the time out,
Sit in silence and to find out
I've always been right here, waiting on you to come near me

I will never leave your side
I will never make you cry
You've got to know, Oh no
I already know, yes I know
(Gonna make you thrive)
Give you hope and peace of mind,
You must be still

So hold, hold on, to my hand
And rest in my heart, and hear,
Hear the still small voice saying "You can make it"
I've never let you down so...

Be still and know, I will never leave your side
(I could never leave you) I will never make you cry
(Why would I leave you?) You have got to know
(You are my child and) I already know (I already know)
(I did it before the foundation)
Give you only peace of mind,
Of the world Be still, be still
Be still, be still, be still
Just be still and know
I will never leave your side
(I will never leave you), I will never make you cry
(Have I ever left you?)
(You've got to know) I already know
(I already know) The plans I have to make you thrive
Give you only peace of mind,
You got to be still...
I will never leave you
Nor will I forsake you
Been there for you all along
I've never left you alone

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...b3aT-7QR4Wbtbki5w&sig2=4UrrSfxx2IdL5xc0_mH29w

The first time I heard this song on the radio I ran home and got it on my player. I have listened to it most days all day long ever since.....

InVue

Simple Life Lover
Almost coming to tears...

I just gained encouragement today from this very thread. As I have been feeling very bad in my spirit for the last two days. I praise God for using you TraciChanel to share the spirit of encouragement. I feel better now...That's what I love about God He's mindful of us even when we think He's not there. I love Him and I love His people. :heart:

And to think I started not to login to the site today...Thank you...

Below is an encouraging word for those who are in difficult times.

The Tide Will Turn

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. :flowers:

Last edited:

TraciChanel

Almost coming to tears...

I just gained encouragement today from this very thread. As I have been feeling very bad in my spirit for the last two days. I praise God for using you TraciChanel to share the spirit of encouragement. I feel better now...That's what I love about God He's mindful of us even when we think He's not there. I love Him and I love His people. :heart:

And to think I started not to login to the site today...Thank you...

InVue, I'm so glad you were encouraged! Yep, I can definitely agree that even when we think God doesn't hear our cry, He does. And He always sends a song, a scripture, a sermon...etc. to let us know to keep pressing forward. God is SO good. :yep:

TeeMBL

Lurker
One of my favorite scriptures is 2 Samuel 6, about David taking the ark of God to Jerusalem. When I read this scripture I interpret it as, while no one can take your blessings from you, they can partake in them if you're not in the place God has instructed you to be to enjoy/receive that blessing.

My favorite song is For Every Mountain, because I think it resonates with everyone. When I look back over my life and think about all the depression, storms and mountains He has brought me over, I have to praise Him. I also like Smokie's In the Middle, and Donnie's I'll trust you Lord.

The most incredible experience I've had with God happened a few years ago. I had recently put a downpayment on my house that I was having built, I was 24 at the time. I had prayed about this for several months and felt like it was a good move for me. A few months after I signed my contract, my office was called into a conference room and told most of us would be losing our jobs. For the next few months I was terribly depressed thinking about my financial situation, I literally came home everyday and cried. Well my last day I woke up with a peace, and told God that I accept whatever he has for me. I went to work and filed unemployment on my last day, I had received my termination letter several weeks prior. 2 hours before my last day ended, one of the bosses came to my office and asked me to stay and work in his unit. This is when God really dealt with me, and asked why I hadn't trusted Him long before. He told me that I had wasted so much time crying and worrying over something He had already worked out in my favor. This experience was so incredible because I had never heard Him so loud and powerful before, begging me to just trust him and let go of things I cannot control.

God has truly protected me, even from myself sometimes. I have so many stories, from being uninsured and having a cancer scare when I was younger. I had to save up to pay for my biopsy out of pocket, it was worth it when I was told it wasn't cancer. I almost drowned three times, the last time I had given up due to exhaustion and was sinking to the bottom when someone finally saw me. The devil's been trying for a long time, at birth I couldn't get through the birth canal because the placenta had blocked it, then the umbilical cord had wrapped around my neck. I know there's an anointing over my life, I know Satan hates me, but I thank God for being a fence around me everyday.

He has never failed me, even when some situations hurt at the time, looking back I thank God for keeping me. I have so much favor I just could not imagine my life without being saved, I probably wouldn't be here, I don't know how people do that. Lord knows I've put myself in some dangerous situations, and came out with just enough to teach me a lesson.

I've encouraged myself remembering some things I haven't even written in this post :lol:, I thank God for Traci. Right before this post I had started letting negative feelings overtake me, but God used this thread and my past to remind me of his many blessings and protection he's already provided. He's never failed me and I know he won't start now, regardless of how things look in the natural we have to trust that God works every single thing out for our good, not just some things but everything. Trust Him at his word.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
TraciChanel

You have a heart for people, the 'unloveables'. Don't ever think that you are 'weak' for caring so much who do so little for themselves.

Instead of 'pushing' one across the bridge that God wants them to follow, you are the one who takes them by the hand, and no matter how slowly they move nor how often, they hesitate, you embrace them and assure them with these words of love, "I'm right here with you, until you're ready, I'll wait. :love2:

This is what your thread is giving among so many of the other things you do. Your thread of encouragment is saying, you're right here. Come 'all' who need a hand, an embrace, it's all right here, take our time, refresh your spirit, your life is not a race. We'll cross that life bridge together.

In Jesus' Name... Amen :Rose:

Nice & Wavy

I'm just struggling right now, ya'll....please keep me in your prayers.

I know there is something about to break, I can feel it...I'm just having such a hard time.

I need my sisters to just pray in the spirit for me. I'm going to be a little quiet for awhile, ok?

Love you all,

N&W

LifeafterLHCF

I don't have any scriptures to give or sermons to direct anyone to but all I can add as encouragement is we need to write our blessings and prayers down so when they come to pass we have written records to testify that God answers our prayers.We have to make it personal as at times looking at what others have been blessed with can make your envious and make you compare your life but when you reflect on the goodness and mercy God has given you on your journey that can be the push to help you get through.

Also I encourage each women here to take a leap and step outside of what is comfy and really do something you always wanted.What would you do if you had no fear?

Shimmie

Staff member

I know there is something about to break, I can feel it...I'm just having such a hard time.

I need my sisters to just pray in the spirit for me. I'm going to be a little quiet for awhile, ok?

Love you all,

N&W

:kiss: The struggle is over in Jesus' Name... Amen.

Be Still and KNOW..... Be Still and know... Be still .... and know.

In Jesus' Name... Amen. :kiss:

ElegantElephant

Thanks so much for this thread OP! I have been questioning why certain things have happened in my life recently. Thanks to you all for the encouragement I've received from this thread. I'm going to be still.

TraciChanel

Immaculee Ilibagiza survived the horrific Rwandan genocide (1994). Over ten years later, she wrote a book called, Left to Tell that had a profound impact on millions of people across the world - including me. If you haven't read her book, it is definitely a must-read. It is inspiring to hear her account of how she was able to survive the loss of her entire family (except her older brother) and she credits it to her faith in God, prayer, and forgiveness. The first link is a short 12 minute interview where she tells her story. The second link is a longer version, where she told her story at a university. Enjoy....

12 minute interview: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7EB8ED0D68467370

Longer version: (starts at 8:40)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPos131P7R8&feature=related

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:bighug:

:Rose:

Love you all,

N&W

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
These posts are so uplifting to me... Thank you TraciChanel for the encouragement.... OK and I am listening now to a S African brother sing... I always need translation but there is just something about how they praise God over there in S Africa....unbridled with passion. If anyone is feeling down, enjoy this tune today ladies....He makes me laugh toward the end w/ his dance but the song is pure Praise and Worship, thanking Jesus for dying on the cross for our sins. Glory to God!

Keletlotlo Sefapano

Last edited:

TraciChanel

It Ain’t Over – Maurette Brown Clark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQer9GkTMSw

I know the odds are stacked against you
And it seems there's no way out
I know the issue seems unchangeable
And that there's no reason to shout
But the impossible is God's chance
To work a miracle, a miracle
So just know

Chorus
It ain't over until God says it's over
It ain't over until God says it's done
It ain't over until God says it's over
Keep fighting until your victory is won

Verse II
He never said it would be easy
But you're a winner in the end
Jesus defeated all your enemies
Way before the fight began
But the impossible is God's chance
To work a miracle, a miracle
So just know

Chorus

Bridge
When people say you can't, remember
(He can, He can)
When you don't know what to do,
Please remember
(He has the master plan)
He will free you from your sin
And give you peace within
So hold your head up high
You're gonna win
(You're gonna win)

Chorus

Vamp
Keep fighting, keep praying, keep fasting
It ain't over, no
Keep pressing, progressing, keep moving
It ain't over, no
Keep reading, interceding, keep believing
It ain't over, no
Keep trusting, keep trying, keep travailing
It ain't over, no
Keep living, keep giving, keep going
It ain't over, no (8x)
Keep fighting until your victory is won

TraciChanel

Laela, Thanks for this song! You posted another song by this same artist a few months ago, called 'Messiah'. I liked it so much, I bought the single :yep: I listen to it all the time.

These posts are so uplifting to me... Thank you TraciChanel for the encouragement.... OK and I am listening now to a S African brother sing... I always need translation but there is just something about how they praise God over there in S Africa....unbridled with passion. If anyone is feeling down, enjoy this tune today ladies....He makes me laugh toward the end w/ his dance but the song is pure Praise and Worship, thanking Jesus for dying on the cross for our sins. Glory to God!

Keletlotlo Sefapano

crlsweetie912

Yesterday my pastor's message was....
The Devil planned a funeral, but GOD gave me a CELEBRATION!!! :reddancer:
Luke 7 verses 11-17

Shimmie

Staff member
Yesterday my pastor's message was....
The Devil planned a funeral, but GOD gave me a CELEBRATION!!! :reddancer:
Luke 7 verses 11-17

Whoa... ! ! ! I KNOW that message was powerful. I felt it as soon as I read the title. I'd love to hear it. :yep:

Can you share some of the highlights?

TraciChanel

http://youtu.be/xTDnbiN8xiU

Angels Watching Over Me
Through danger seen and unseen
There's protection all around
Under the refuge of God's wings
Security is found
For there are angels watching you to keep you in all of your ways
Keeping you from stumbling so don't be afraid
God's appointed angels watching over me, angels watching over me

Chorus 2x