Everything you ever wanted to know about PhytoRelaxer and them some.

Did you find this information useful?

• Yes

Votes: 250 96.5%
  • Nope; you wasted your time.

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters

bklyncurly

I'm asking this question for my sister. She's also been natural for almost 1 1/2 years. She stopped using a relaxer because her hair fell out in the front -- yes the front! -- of her head. It looked awful. Now it's starting to grow back, but she's having a hard time pressing it and keeping a style with this humidity! She wants to try the Phyto-specific relaxer but I'm not sure. Is this a relaxer? Or just a really deep conditioning treatment? How do you know when to get a retouch if it doesn't break down the structure of the hair which would show the difference in texture - new growth vs. relaxed hair.

I guess I'm asking do you think it's safe for someone to use that has had problems with hair loss due to relaxers in the past? I know that's a hard (if not impossible) question to answer, but just wondering.

You guys are the real experts! That's why I'm asking you first before I call the company!! Hey, I may not even call the company!

:ohwell: :)

Naijaqueen

JamericanGurl said:
HIjack!
It's on sale at Polly & Company online for $48

Ducking out now :)

They are back ordered, I just tried ordering, so canceling my order and getting it from other site beautysite.

cocoberry10

What's "Yellow REPAIR" Deep Cleansing Shampoo?

Also, I will be removing my braids in a few weeks, and I plan to try Phyto. I have 4a/b hair, but I think I'm going to use Index 1, instead of index 2 just to be safe. I figure you can always leave a mild relaxer on longer, but a stronger relaxer may be too harsh right now. Plus, I think I'm going to let a little of the curl remain. Has anyone with 4a/b hair tried Index 1? What were your results?

Naijaqueen

cocoberry10 said:

Also, I will be removing my braids in a few weeks, and I plan to try Phyto. I have 4a/b hair, but I think I'm going to use Index 1, instead of index 2 just to be safe. I figure you can always leave a mild relaxer on longer, but a stronger relaxer may be too harsh right now. Plus, I think I'm going to let a little of the curl remain. Has anyone with 4a/b hair tried Index 1? What were your results?

I had my Phyto II left on for 35mins, and felt no tingle at all, I dont think its harsh at all. I think bluediamond has used index I

secretdiamond

I am really thinking about trying this, but I'm currently using lye and am afraid of switching again back to no-lye. I'm afraid of breakage-- not from the relaxer itself, but from using two different types of relaxers. Even when I switched lye relaxers i had problems. I remember jumping on the affirm bandwagon, but my hairwas left severely underprocessed (I used mild). Anyway, I switched to revlon and have had no problems since. However, i have always had breakage in the middle of my head and someone said that it helped them with that so this is why phyto is catching my interest.

Although the info has been great I have yet to hear ppl speak of the transition from lye to no-lye and any problems that might have occurred (maybe I just missed it). Maybe it has been talked about on other threads, but since this is THE OFFICIAL Phyto thread, I didn't bother looking. So can the Phyto ladies drop some more info on this?

Rainy

Up unti Phyto, I was a LYE only girl. I would never consider using No-Lye in my hair, becausie it left deposits on the hair and my hair was dry and brittle. With Phyto, my new hairdresser believed that my ends were the result of a no-lye relaxer. Nope, that's Lye relaxer and abuse. The base of my hair which is all Phyto (3" or more) looks great. We are slowly triming away damaged hair.

bluediamond0829

Naijaqueen said:
I had my Phyto II left on for 35mins, and felt no tingle at all, I dont think its harsh at all. I think bluediamond has used index I

No i havent used mine yet...it will be my first time using it..i do have phyto index I...

CurleeDST

I am assuming yellow repair helps to alleviate gray hair turning a yellowish tinge when chemically relaxed. This used to happen to my mom before she stopped relaxing her hair.

cocoberry10 said:

JazzyFLPeach

Stormy said:
I'm almost sold! Question.... have any of you Phyto users used the product for at least 4 - 6 months yet?

Thanks Kaddy! This info is great! :)
I've been a Phyto-convert since November 19, 2004. :D I refuse to use anything else. It costs a little bit more than other relaxers I've used in the past, but my hair has never been happier.

For those that are afraid that their hair will not "take" or be "straight enough," I say try it. My hairdresser uses the Index II and my 4a/4b hair is "straight" but does not lack any body or luster like after using other relaxers (in the past).

cocoberry10

Do you think I can mix Index I and Index II? I don't want my hair underprocessed, but I don't want it too straight either! Tell me what you think! Thanks.

angelbaby

naturaline said:
WOW :grin: im 100% natural but that relaxer looks GOOD. dont sure what im going to do at the moment bt how much does it cost.... :confused: just interested :lol:

In Andre's book he stated that he won't use anything but a lye relaxer on clients because he thinks they are better than no-lye. His is the best advice I've gotten about relaxers. I don't think he uses the Phyto relaxer on Oprah.

SherryLove

wow yall!!!! it has been almost two years since i have been using phytorelaxer.....i began using it in april of 2004....

Keen

SherryLove said:
wow yall!!!! it has been almost two years since i have been using phytorelaxer.....i began using it in april of 2004....

I just can't stop admiring your new picture! did you color it? it is much shinier. I know phyto makes hair more shinier.

SherryLove

Keen said:
I just can't stop admiring your new picture! did you color it? it is much shinier. I know phyto makes hair more shinier.

hey keen... the only difference in that pic is my hair does not have a lot of oil in it...LOL.....

Keen

PollyandCo has the lowest price online for phyto. Polly is also very nice. I will have to write up a nice review for her on the vendor review forum.

zoj2

Keen said:
PollyandCo has the lowest price online for phyto. Polly is also very nice. I will have to write up a nice review for her on the vendor review forum.

Great! I just ordered from there and was wondering how they were in terms of shipping experiences.

Keen

zoj2 said:
Great! I just ordered from there and was wondering how they were in terms of shipping experiences.

Shipping was supper fast. I posted this review of them in the vendor review section.

Keen said:
Ladies, I decided to try phyto again. Someone recommended Pollly and co. I'd like to say that was one of the best experience I had buying hair products online (also the cheapest price I found online for phyto). I paid for the products on Friday, I got them today, Wednesday. She also sent me eight packs of samples. I don't know if I got lucky or if she gives that many to everyone. She is running a special right now. free shiping for orders over $75. I bought two boxes:D.

Arcadian

Yep, Polly is wonderful. When I ordered mine I got it within 5 days. Plus she always put in goodies.

I just relaxed my hair with II for the 2nd time I left it extra 3 minutes this time because it wasn't getting straight,but I'm also having MSM issues:lol:

So just be aware that if you take MSM, you may need a few extra minutes processing time. Just watch how it treats your hair and you should be ok.

Also If you haven't used phyto, some people don't like the milky reconstructor for a reason. its ok but it does make my hair feel a little blah by itself, so to make it better I mix mine with an ORS Pak

I'm SOOO loving my hair right now. It feels really heavy, not like flyaway or limp or anything, so for me the switch was good.

If you like being bone straight all the time then you probably won't like phyto, if you like having body, you'll love it.

-A

devin

hmmmm....this is really interesting. i am really intrigued and want to give this relaxer a try. i have used lye for years and don't know how my hair will react to no lye. i have been having breakage issues and have tried everything to get the breakage to stop and am still working on it before it is time to relax which will hopefull be at the end of this month. i have read tons of good information on this relaxer. i don't know what i should do.:confused:

Dogmd

Okay everyone... I got his relaxer... cuz I wanted to try something no lye... just to see if it will be better for my hair... I am trying to have healthier hair but I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT/WILLNOT/BETTERNOT ;)give up my relaxer ... sooo... I am going to try this one this weekend.. 8 weeks post. any tips?