Everything you ever wanted to know about PhytoRelaxer and them some.

Did you find this information useful?

• Yes

Votes: 250 96.5%
  • Nope; you wasted your time.

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters

MonaLisa

Dogmd said:
Okay everyone... I got his relaxer... cuz I wanted to try something no lye... just to see if it will be better for my hair... I am trying to have healthier hair but I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT/WILLNOT/BETTERNOT ;)give up my relaxer ... sooo... I am going to try this one this weekend.. 8 weeks post. any tips?

Congrats on trying Dogmd....

only thing I can think of is if your hair has been braided...make sure you've waited a week for optimal results.

make sure that your hair has been combed through first, no knots or tangles.

that's all I can come up with.

Good luck on your touch-up!:D

Dogmd

MonaLisa said:
Congrats on trying Dogmd....

only thing I can think of is if your hair has been braided...make sure you've waited a week for optimal results.

make sure that your hair has been combed through first, no knots or tangles.

that's all I can come up with.

Good luck on your touch-up!:D

Thanks Mona Lisa... It was awesome!!! I was so excited to try this and YES!! It worked just like you all said it would.. THE BEST RELAXER I HAVE EVER USED.. Worth every Penny!! I am ordering 2 more boxes to get me through the rest of this year!!!

MonaLisa

Dogmd said:
Thanks Mona Lisa... It was awesome!!! I was so excited to try this and YES!! It worked just like you all said it would.. THE BEST RELAXER I HAVE EVER USED.. Worth every Penny!! I am ordering 2 more boxes to get me through the rest of this year!!!

Alright!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Faith

My Phyto came in. I got it from Polly. She gave 3oz of each sample. WOW!
3 oz of the Intense shampoo, 3 oz of Intense Mask and 3 oz of the balm.

I'll be touching up sometime this month....stay tuned.

Faith

Phyto question for you old schoolers....have you applied a conditioner BEFORE neutralizing? I'm wondering if I can add my 5 in 1 step for 5 minutes after rinsing the relaxer out and BEFORE neutralizing? But maybe I should leave well enough alone :lol:

MonaLisa

Faith said:
Phyto question for you old schoolers....have you applied a conditioner BEFORE neutralizing? I'm wondering if I can add my 5 in 1 step for 5 minutes after rinsing the relaxer out and BEFORE neutralizing? But maybe I should leave well enough alone :lol:

I've never gone there....always straight to neutralizing....
Keep us posted if you decide to go there...:)

Denim And Leather

I just got mine today from Sephora. I will be relaxing my hair either next weekend or the weekend after (making it to a 12 week stretch!) I'll post my results as well! :D

HighlyFavored1

Denim And Leather said:
I just got mine today from Sephora. I will be relaxing my hair either next weekend or the weekend after (making it to a 12 week stretch!) I'll post my results as well! :D

DenimandLeather, which index did you use, how were your results?

Mahalialee4

Last nite I dreamed I applied a Phyto. about half hour after putting in the relaxer, I remembered I had not applied neutralizer....and I could not find the neutralizer...I was going to run to a drugstore but it was near closing, then I found this watered down left over neutralizer that someone had stuck somewhere....(all the while I am praying that my hair did not drop off!!!)...anyway at the end of the dream I still had hair....whew!!!!!!no point to this story...just sharing, lololol bonjour

carpediem628

I applied my first Phyto 1 this morning, and I am very happy with the results. Before blow drying, I used a drop of WGO for softness and shine, and my hair is gorgeous.

I love the fact that it is not bone straight for the first time ever after a relaxer. It is thick and has body.

It is not as soft as I'd like it to be, but I think that will change with a few washes.

It feels so healthy, and hardly any shedded hair. It did not burn, even though I scratched my head a few times yesterday. I didn't even bother to put the base ointment on my scalp prior to relaxing.

Although I mixed the entire box because I was afraid I wouldn't have enough, it wasn't necessary. I could have saved half for the next time.

I think with using this relaxer and all the other things I've learned on this board, my hair finally has a chance to thrive.

I was trying to transition to go natural, but I was tormented. It was just too difficult, but I didn't want to put another damaging relaxer in my hair. Then I read this post and immediately sent my husband out to pick one up for me ;) (luv that man).

He thought my hair was beautiful this morning. He grabbed the camera and was like, swing that hair baby.

I'm Phyto for life (or at least until I try to go natural again).:look:

Iluvsmuhgrass

I think I'm going to be a phyto convert. I've been looking for a really good relaxer and I have a feeling I need to be applying my own but I'm still a little nervous over that.... I'm gaining courage though lol. Especially after that last fiasco.

Does anyone know of a number or link that will list participating Phyto ? I am interested in finding a Salon in Miami or New York that can relax my hair with Phyto.

AKA-Tude

I just wanted to applaud you all for this forum!:clapping:

I have been looking for info like this for over FOUR YEARS about Phyto relaxer! :wallbash:
I even stumbled on a forum where Caucasians were discussing how this relaxer works. But could not find one with us....:swearing:

UNTIL NOW! :yay:
As soon as I read this info (around 4 am Japan time):fan:, I immediately placed my order w/Polly&Co (she is SOOO nice!). I got my pkg in a week,& applied the same day.:bath2:

It's a bit pricey:dollar:, but as the saying goes-
"I'M WORTH IT!!!!"

Thanx again so much!!!:woot:

nadine1977canada

Mahalialee4 said:
Last nite I dreamed I applied a Phyto. about half hour after putting in the relaxer, I remembered I had not applied neutralizer....and I could not find the neutralizer...I was going to run to a drugstore but it was near closing, then I found this watered down left over neutralizer that someone had stuck somewhere....(all the while I am praying that my hair did not drop off!!!)...anyway at the end of the dream I still had hair....whew!!!!!!no point to this story...just sharing, lololol bonjour

I know a girl who relaxes her hair with extra strenght relaxers. Sometimes she relaxes twice within the week. She has 4B hair. I was shocked when I noticed that she doesn't use a neutralizer when relaxing her hair. She strictly uses a shampoo and conditionner that is it. When she puts the relaxer on she doesnt even smooth it out! it just sits there! :eek:

MonaLisa

Nature, specifically plants, is an immense reserve of remarkably effective active ingredients. Because plants are perfectly assimilated by the body and share the same biological origins as man, plants used in cosmetology may provide unrivaled results. This is why Phytosolba Laboratories, founded by Patrick Al賬 has developed a genuine scientific approach in the exploration of the plant world. With over thirty years experience, Phytosolba Laboratories has become the uncontested pioneer and leader in hair care made from plants. A team of researchers, led by Dr. Fatou Plat applied 10 years of research and testing to create PhytoSpecific, a new generation of high-technology hair care products to treat naturally curly, frizzy and relaxed hair. PhytoSpecific is a complete line of superior quality products formulated to meet the specific needs of this textured hair type -because the beauty of your hair is the surest reflection of the care you give it.

Based on a meticulous scientific approach, PhytoSpecific formulas offer guaranteed exceptionally high contents of plant extracts and proteins, to bring effective solutions to this challenging hair type that is extremely fragile, unmanageable, undisciplined and often difficult to style. PhytoSpecific products provide hydration, nutrition and protection that are essential to the beauty and health of the hair and scalp through a range of specific and complimentary hair care programs. Formulated under clinical control and subjected to effectiveness testing, PhytoSpecific ensures visible and long-lasting results, from the very first applications.
---------------------------------------------------------

I had to post this for all the Phyto heads...so we don't feel bad about paying what we pay...:lol:

The last sentence is a testimony as for what it's done for my head...so I'll just have to live with the price tag..if it ain't broke...I ain't tryin ta fix it ...;)

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I called and found 4 salons that are sort of in my area so once I'm ready for a relaxer I think I'm going to try it out.

Also, I had no idea it was pronounced Fee-toe. Not Phi-toe.
Oops!

Kalayani

To all of the Phyto users do you use a different reconstructor that the one that comes in the box?

I am interested in using Phyto...i use Affirm 5 in 1 after every relaxer and want to do the same with the Phyto...do you think it will be ok? or should i stick to everything in the box.

JazzyFLPeach

Kalayani said:
To all of the Phyto users do you use a different reconstructor that the one that comes in the box?

I am interested in using Phyto...i use Affirm 5 in 1 after every relaxer and want to do the same with the Phyto...do you think it will be ok? or should i stick to everything in the box.

Kalayani-

I use the one that comes in the box without issue. Some ladies have stated that they do not care for it. The best advice I can give you is to at least try it out the first time to see how your hair reacts to it.

Best of luck!

MiWay

AlexB7 said:
I called and found 4 salons that are sort of in my area so once I'm ready for a relaxer I think I'm going to try it out.

Also, I had no idea it was pronounced Fee-toe. Not Phi-toe.
Oops!

Girl, you and me both. When my hairdresser said "fee-toe", I was thinking to myself "she can't read". :lol:

MiWay

Kalayani said:

I use the one that comes in the box, but I don't really like the way it makes my hair feel. My hair seems tangled and dry after using it. This last time, I used Humecto after using the reconstructor. I'm not sure how good/bad that was, but it didn't seem to hurt my hair, and it felt soooo much better.

nycutiepie

Kalayani said:

I don't like the reconstructor in the box and I don't use it. When I ordered it from Polly, she suggested mixing it with a lot of oil. I did that and I still didn't like it so I just use something else instead. It made my hair tangled.