fake bangs?(as in a weave)

danysedai

My hair is broken along the hairline and I'm trying to regrow it and take care of my edges with castor oil, garlic treatment, etc. I also joined a gym and I'm working out almost every day. My question is: do you ladies think getting fake bangs (like in a weave but only the bangs) and a ponytail or a bun will help me?
Right now I can only wear my hair down so the damage is not visible, If I part my hair there are all these little broken hairs sticking out.
Any thought how can I go about it?

Dposh167

actually i rocked this style for an entire summer yeaaaars ago. My hair around the hairline broke off so I slicked it back almost everyday and added fake bangs:spinning:...i wouldn't recommend slicking it back in a bun everyday...but fake bangs are okay to do. The only question is how u want to attach them.

When i had them it was waaaay before LHCF...and I was dumb and used that black bonding glue.:wallbash:..but fake bangs helped a lil

LiLi

How would you cover the tracks? I would like to do this to living up my buns but I have not clue how to cover the tracks.

danysedai

NO idea how to cover the tracks but I'm going to talk to my hairdresser and see what we come up with

YvonneL

I seen in a hair book-hype hair with salt and pep on the front they had 1" clips that you sew the tracks on and clip right in the hair. I really wanna try that too

LaPetiteCoquette

I am thinking of doing this, because my bangs broke right off.:nono: But, it would make me feel a little better about my matronly bun and young-looking ponytail that I wear as protective styles on a daily basis. I assume a person can just get a braid sewn in the direction of the way you want the bang to go, then have a piece sewn in, and use your own hair to cover it on top. Right? Wouldn't it be the same as getting a weave, except just only do the front.

danysedai

I think you're right Lapetitecoquette, I'll ask my stylist to do just that and cover with my hair
I want bangs just like the ones Tamara Taylor in the show Bones has, she wears a bun or a ponytail and the bangs taper long in the sides, love those

bermudabeauty

Simple and cheap solution for you......Get toupee clips and sew a track for your bangs on the toupee clips. That way you can clip on or clip off your bangs at any time. You can get toupee clips for $1 at the wig store. I do this sometimes when I just want to add highlights in my hair and I dont' want to permanently color my hair. Good luck.

LaPetiteCoquette

I think you're right Lapetitecoquette, I'll ask my stylist to do just that and cover with my hair
I want bangs just like the ones Tamara Taylor in the show Bones has, she wears a bun or a ponytail and the bangs taper long in the sides, love those

I think I may do the same. It really would make me feel better about my ugly buns and ponies right about now. Good luck!