February 2014 Hits & Missess

beautyaddict1913

Hits:
Darcy's Watermelon seed oil - fave smell ever and it makes my hair feel instantly soft

Shi Naturals Tea Rinse - this makes my hair really soft. I am going to start using it weekly

ASIAN coconut cowash - this has replaced my weekly shampoo for winter.

Pura murumuru leave in - I usually enjoy this in the summer because I can't use glycerin due to the heavy humidity. Looks like I can't use glycerin during this harsh winter season either - humectants are taking the everlasting life from my strands.

krissyhair

Hits:
It's a 10 Miracle Leave in
It's a 10 Miracle Conditioner
It's a 10 Miracle DC
It's a 10 Miracle Shampoo

I always wondered why people wanted to find one product line that worked for them and stick to it, and now I'm almost upset that I did find these products! I LOVE them. The leave-in is awesome and keeps my roller sets sooo moisturized. I still moisturize and seal with other products because I'm anal about my hair and want to retain all of it's length, but I'm pretty sure it's unnecessary. So of course I had to try the conditioner and the DC. They're amazing. Awesome slip, awesome moisture, pretty mediocre to bad ingredients but I don't care because they WORK! And then I bought the shampoo, and no one loves shampoo, right? Wrong! Clean, soft, moisturized hair that did not tangle or mat my natural hair at all.

I hate how expensive they are. The leave-in should last me a long time and I only bought the 4 oz bottle. The liter of the conditioner should last maybe 6 cowashes? I cowash once a week so that's not terrible. The DC's large bottle isn't very large. I have to go back and see when I first used it because I'm almost out. I'm heavy handed and probably don't need to use as much as I do but I like my hair to be all white and delicious when I apply conditioner. Probably going to order off of AveYou or drugstore.com because they have coupon codes so I can get discounts. The shampoo should last me forever.

And these products are everywhere. My grocery store, CVS, Walgreens, Ulta, and online. I'm so glad they don't have products for wash and go's because I'm determined to master that style this year and I want to try new products. I'm not even tempted to buy a different conditioner/leave in/ DC/ shampoo! :love:

A liter of conditioner only lasts 6 cowashes? Isn't that 33 fluid ounces? That'll last me half the year.

krissyhair

My hit is John Frieda root awakening conditioner for cowashing. It has a nice minty scent and tingly feel. The conditioner is for oily scalp and dry hair so when I cowash with it, it really cleanses. It's just wonderful.

I've been slowly but surely been using up my Grandma's hair product stash at her house. She hasn't been able to wash her own hair in years so she gave the products to me. It's like an early inheritance lol. The John Freida conditioner was one of the goodies in her cabinet.

toaster

krissyhair Yes ma'am. I've always used a ton of product when I cowash and DC. A part of me thinks it's why I've never had an issue with breakage or trouble detangling. My hair is literally soaked with product so it glides past one another.

Nylund

HITS:
SheScentit Okra Reconstructor - I think I may love this more than Komaza Protein Strengthener (but I'll repurchase the Komaza for research purposes.) It leaves my hair so soft and stops breakage.

SheScentit Fortifying Conditioner - Again, leaves my hair very soft and strong. And I like the smell of both products.

Thanks to divachyk for the SheScentit products :)

Applying my moisture conditioner overtop my protein conditioner after allowing the protein conditioner to penetrate for 20-30 minutes under my hooded dryer or steamer. Great time-saver, I might continue this for a while depending on how my hair responds long-term.

LACE Naturals More Moisture Cream - Love the smell, and my hair is soooo soft after using it. Definite repurchase.

LACE Naturals Silky Aloe Pudding - Semi-hit. Love the smell. My twist-out was soft in the house, but dried and frizzed out a bit when I went outside. The product contains glycerin kind of high up in the ingredient list, so I'll try it again when it's drier outside.

MISSES:
Texture Me Natural - I didn't receive my products within the sellers promised shipping time frame, nor did I receive responses to my emails. But I did receive my refund via PayPal, which is going to Annabelle's Perfect Blends on Valentine's Day :yep: I'll have to revise my review for this company in the "Vendor Superstars" thread. So disappointed because I love the Aunt Cookie's Moisture Cream and both butters. Ah well...

lovelycurls

Hit
Texture me natural Cupuacu buttercream - decent moisturizer,

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using LHCF

Philippians413

Hit: Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream topped with Darcy's Botanicals Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Whip

This combo has become a remedy for my dry hair this winter.

Hit: Silk Dreams Raspberry Coconut Affair + Hairveda's Hardin Oil = Moisture Moisture Moisture

Miss: Camille Rose Caramel Cowash

Unfortunately this was a miss for me. It did a great job of cleansing my scalp, but did nothing for the length of my hair, which was still left coated with product.

SweetlyCurly

Hit: Soultanicals improved shipping times. I ordered last Monday and got my stuff today. Much better!

Miss: Double Dutch hair yum (smell)-I applied a bit of the butter on my hair and it seemingly performs well but I'm disappointed with the smell. I ordered it because everyone described this product as smelling extremely good. To be it smells like raw shea butter...which is strange because it doesn't have shea butter and like a tiny small hint of some fruity fragrance but oh so faint.

Anyone one else that has tried this product, do you have a different experience with it? Did I just get a bad batch?

chelleypie810

Hit: joico moisture recovery conditioner!

Hit: dark n lovely anti reversion serum

Hit: elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo- no stripping. Just clean hair.

Hit: ion clarifying treatment - have had terrible build up and itching. Scalp is nice n clean now.

The first two products made my 16 weeks post hair STRAIGHT. Easiest flat iron I have had in a really, really long time. I think I've found my HG items. This may actually allow me to do a long term transition.

NaturallyATLPCH

SweetlyCurly, sorry you had that experience. My Double Dutch Hair Yum smelled sort of fruity like the conditioner.

Mega Hits:
SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor
SheScentIt Riche Moisture Mask
SheScentIt Marula Hemp Hair Butter
SheScentIt Kiwi Kiss Butter
Darcy's Leave In
My hair has been moisturized all week using these products, mainly the Marula Hemp Hair Butter. I must have these products in my arsenal at all times.
EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER TRIED FROM SHESCENTIT...MEGA HIT!!

Also,
Using Spray leave in conditioners as refreshers instead of refresher sprays, mainly Aussie Moist Leave In Hair Insurance. Super soft puff!!
Babying my ends...I am really noticing a difference.

On the fence: Naturally Amari's Ayurvedic Spritz...it just made my hair feel...meh.

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

Hit:

Silk Dreams Satin Smooth Hair Cream on Straight hair: Makes my ends sing! my hair was supple and soft the entire time and I never lost my swang!

Full Reversion of my natural hair: I've heard horror stories about Titanium Irons and heat damage, but my hair reverted pretty quickly/easily.

Miss:

My transitioning hair: It looks a ham in its raw form. I can't wait to band this stuff. 2 distinct texture's isn't cute :nono:.

SweetlyCurly

NaturallyATLPCH
That's what I was wondering...if it's supposed to smell sort of fruity or really fruity.

It may just be me liking my products heavily scented and this unfortunately is not doing it for me.

Glad you are liking that moisture riche from SheScentit. I'll replace my naturellegrow marshmallow condish with this one since it seems to have better preservatives and works just as well.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Hit:

Silk Dreams Satin Smooth Hair Cream on Straight hair: Makes my ends sing! my hair was supple and soft the entire time and I never lost my swang!

Full Reversion of my natural hair: I've heard horror stories about Titanium Irons and heat damage, but my hair reverted pretty quickly/easily.

Miss:

My transitioning hair: It looks a ham in its raw form. I can't wait to band this stuff. 2 distinct texture's isn't cute :nono:.

EnExitStageLeft

You still have beautiful hair though, and I don't know about this low/medium density hair you were talking about earlier. When your hair is flat ironed on top of being texlaxed it has a lot of body. I could only imagine the thickness of your hair in its fully natural state.

Don't try to call it too soon. I tried to label myself medium density when I had five inches of torn up natural hair. 1 year later my hair tried to choke me in my sleep it was so thick.

Don't sleep on that thickness, literally. Wrap that up in satin and band it first. :lol:

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH
That's what I was wondering...if it's supposed to smell sort of fruity or really fruity.

It may just be me liking my products heavily scented and this unfortunately is not doing it for me.

Glad you are liking that moisture riche from SheScentit. I'll replace my naturellegrow marshmallow condish with this one since it seems to have better preservatives and works just as well.

Yes I loooove it. I used it after the Okra. It detangles like no one's business and made my hair soft. I can use all of her conditioners with no heat and they make my hair sooooo moisturized.

EnExitStageLeft

DoDo

LOL! You sound like my mom. She almost choked when I said my hair wasn't thick.

When I was younger she would literally cry when she had to press my hair :lachen:. I may reconsider, but for now I'll just go with medium/normal.

Thanks for the :love:!:hug2:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
DoDo

When I was younger she would literally cry when she had to press my hair :lachen:. I may reconsider, but for now I'll just go with medium/normal.

I think black hair in general was a task for any black mom. I did my nieces hair once…. I did some dookie twist and called it a day. My cousin just laughed at me.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
DoDo

EnExitStageLeft Chile, please. Have you seen my flat ironed hair? That is thin/medium. :nono: You have a ton of strands. *jelly* You can donate some on over this way.

EnExitStageLeft

@Froreal3

lol! Your hair is fierce straight. I have a a lot of strands, but I don't think it's as many as I had thought it was. I think I'm more along the lines of Normal/Medium.

Or it could be my transitioning hair playing tricks on me smh lol.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^Just wait till you chop off those relaxed ends and release the beast! :lol: :yep:

Oh yeah...
Continued HIT: Soultanicals Mango Dip Detangling Slip for um...detangling. A lot of slip for detangling my dry hair before a shampoo. I will try it as a rinse out and leave in next.

EnExitStageLeft

I think black hair in general was a task for any black mom. I did my nieces hair once…. I did some dookie twist and called it a day. My cousin just laughed at me.

My mom has a super loose type 2/3 texture, so my type 4? (I honestly don't know) tripped her up a bit. My father also has a type 2/3 texture. Hmmmmmm, genetics is pretty crazy lol

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@Froreal3

lol! Your hair is fierce straight. I have a a lot of strands, but I don't think it's as many as I had thought it was. I think I'm more along the lines of Normal/Medium.

Or it could be my transitioning hair playing tricks on me smh lol.

EnExitStageLeft I'm mad you even changed your siggy. To a poor onlooker, our hair stats are the same! :nono: We both can't have medium density now...you gonna make me change mine to low (which it really is) and I refuse to acknowledge that! :spinning: :lol:

beautyaddict1913

Miss:
Tiiva's Cupuacu and coffee moisturizing DC - she should have left out the moisturizing part. I did not like the way this product made my hair feel. I am either going to toss it or let my best friend try it.