FENUGREEK IS THE BUSINESS...GREAT SLIP/STOPS SHEDDING/CHEAP

MayaNatural

I just got my Fenugreek seeds and tea in the mail today. Unfortunately I don't have the powder just the seeds and tea. I hope I'm able to get a good result with the seeds until I can get the powder. I'm looking forward to using the tea as well.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I want to try the tea... but I'm on a no product buy challenge for the rest of the year.

biancaelyse

After months of trying different Fenugreek versions…I think that the best Fenugreek recipe for my hair is achieve by just using the Fenugreek seeds instead of the powder. Fenugreek isn't the easiest to rinse out, but I noticed that the easiest for me by far was when I actually blended up the Fenugreek seeds instead of using the powder. I'm not really sure why but it rinsed/shampooed out relatively easy when compared to the other methods that I've used.

Recipe:

2-3 tablespoon of Fenugreek seeds
2 cups of distilled or spring water

Place the water into a pot…then when a rolling boil is reached pour the Fenugreek seeds into the boiling water. Stir and continue boiling for approximately another 10-15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat then let sit over night…a mucus will form over night in this mixture. Mucus provides the hair with a great detangling slip as well as a nice shine.

Next, take the mixture and place it into a blender. I blended for about 3 minutes…just make sure all seeds are blended well and a fine mixture is formed. I coated my dry hair with virgin cold pressed coconut oil then generously applied the Fenugreek mixture to my hair in layers. I cover my hair with a plastic bag…this keeps moisture in my hair during the conditioning process. After about an hour I rinse or lightly shampooed the mixture out of my hair.

The Indian store nearest me only sells the seeds and not the powder so this is all I knew.

Over the holiday, I went to a much bigger Indian grocery across town and they had the powder.

I was so excited because I was sure that it was easier to rinse out!!

Not true at all :nono:. The powder left a sustantial amount of chunks and debris in my hair after a lot of rinsing and then my hair itself felt hard, not nearly as soft as it did with the fenugreek seeds.

I have 3 - 14 oz bags of the powder so I will continue to play with it to see how I can make it work for my hair.

MayaNatural

The Indian store nearest me only sells the seeds and not the powder so this is all I knew. Over the holiday, I went to a much bigger Indian grocery across town and they had the powder. I was so excited because I was sure that it was easier to rinse out!! Not true at all :nono:. The powder left a sustantial amount of chunks and debris in my hair after a lot of rinsing and then my hair itself felt hard, not nearly as soft as it did with the fenugreek seeds. I have 3 - 14 oz bags of the powder so I will continue to play with it to see how I can make it work for my hair.

Thank you for bumping this method.. This is the method I will try since I have 2- 16oz bags of seeds. Have you used the tea? I want to use the tea as a mid week refresher but want to leave it in.. Does anyone leave the tea in your hair?

biancaelyse

Thank you for bumping this method.. This is the method I will try since I have 2- 16oz bags of seeds. Have you used the tea? I want to use the tea as a mid week refresher but want to leave it in.. Does anyone leave the tea in your hair?

MayaNatural I have not tried the tea in my hair. I really like to apply it as a thick paste to my hair so the tea would not be "heavy" enough to suit me.

Beamodel

Thank you for bumping this method.. This is the method I will try since I have 2- 16oz bags of seeds. Have you used the tea? I want to use the tea as a mid week refresher but want to leave it in.. Does anyone leave the tea in your hair? Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I use the tea all the time. I actually brew the tea then add Keravada fenugreek oil to it and spirits with it daily.

MayaNatural

biancaelyse Got it, I think I will use the thicker paste once a week and tea mid week.

Beamodel I ordered KV Fenugreek on BF. I'll try your method during the week, thank you!! Have you noticed a difference in your hair since using Fenugreek?

Thank you both for responding :)

Beamodel

MayaNatural

My hair sheds less considering it's winter time. I truly like the tea. It smells like maple syrup. I heard the powder stinks like curry. But I've never tried to powder nor sheafs and I most likely won't. The tea serves just as well for my needs.

I just brew it, let it sit. I apply it spritzed under neath my DC as well as I leave it in.

MayaNatural

Beamodel

I'm so excited to try this out. :) I'm headed to the post office right now.. Hopefully my KV order is there *cross fingers*.

VivaMac

I have been meaning to post in this thread. I have tried fenugreek and love it. I used the powder, the first time I tried it I was not too impressed, my hair felt soft but gradually got hard and dry through out the week. I kept at it and now I have a home made moisturising rinse and deep conditioner that I love. My hair is unbelievably soft, this last wash I did an overnite deep DC, and was actually worried that my hair was too soft, so I did a light protein treatment. Fenugreek is a winner.

Ok, having said all that, after doing some research, I think the seeds might be more moisturising than the powder. I have not yet tried the seeds, I had to do some tweaking to get to nirvana.
For the rinse,I brew the powder with marshmallow root, burdock root and lavender.
For my DC I add the rinse to my avocado DC. I have used this combo many times and did not get the results I am getting now until I added fenugreek.

When I try the seeds I will let guys know how I like it.

MayaNatural

Today was my first time trying the homemade Fenugreek Seed Mask. I was going to try it last week but I was nervous about the lingering smell of Fenugreek. Last night I followed cocomama method and boiled 3 Tbsp of Fenugreek Seeds for about 15 minutes. Then I poured this mix into a glass container with a lid and left it on the stove over night. This morning I used my magic bullet and mixed the Fenugreek, 1 Tbsp Vatika Oil, and 1 Tbsp KV Amla Oil. I think I need to use a different blender next time because I still had seed pieces that didn't blend all the way.. I'm not sure if that is the way it's suppose to mix up or not. I oiled my hair heavily with coconut oil last night and this morning applied the Fenugreek mixture.. I'm sitting here with a heat therapy wrap getting ready to wash it out. I'm excited to see how my hair feels afterwards.

Does anyone use a heat therapy wrap with this mask or steam?

Attachments

• image-4121096854.jpg
    image-4121096854.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2298296922.jpg
    image-2298296922.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 73

MayaNatural

I was also surprised by the smell.. I was expecting it to be terrible but it wasn't. I only smelled a herbal scent while the seeds were boiling and maybe 1 hour afterwards. I didn't mind the smell at all maybe because it's not the powder.

MayaNatural

I love the way my hair feels!! Detangling was a breeze but those seeds.. :nono: I might try powder to see if that makes it easier to wash out.

ChocolatePie777

Yall made me buy it.....its soaking as I speak......it was surprisingly easy to fine (the first store I checked off the bus had it)...... it was only $1.99 for 7oz which i guess is pretty good for a first shot.....I'm going to read through this thread to see how to use is....

Last edited:

Urban

I love the way my hair feels!! Detangling was a breeze but those seeds.. :nono: I might try powder to see if that makes it easier to wash out.

I've only ever used the powder and have just conceded to using it when I know I won't be leaving the house for another 2 days or so, because I always have these tiny white bits left in my hair.

But, I swear, nothing gives me slip and cleans my scalp like Fenugreek!

MayaNatural

I've only ever used the powder and have just conceded to using it when I know I won't be leaving the house for another 2 days or so, because I always have these tiny white bits left in my hair. But, I swear, nothing gives me slip and cleans my scalp like Fenugreek!

Urban You use the powder and still have pieces of Fenugreek left in your hair. I think I might stick with the tea and use the Fenugreek seeds once a month instead of weekly. I do love it but it's a lot of work getting all of those little pieces out of your hair.

rawsilk

I have a jar of Ghee Butter that I infused with loose Fenugreek powder after an Ethiopian woman told me that this was the secret to their beautiful hair. (Google it -- there are a lot of personal blogs, anecdotes out there.) Anyway, I use it as an overnight pre-poo and wash out the next day. Makes your scalp feel good and your hair strong and shinny -- even if you do smell like a lamb-chop while you have it on. (If you don't put the Fenugreek in the Ghee, it is still good for your hair but it stinks like sour milk or baby barf -- I'd rather smell like a lamb chop.)

Last edited:

rawsilk

If you run out or for anyone else who can't find it lose and doesn't feel like grinding, you can always purchase the "tea" bags from Whole Foods or another health food store and open them up -- it's just Fenugreek powder, no tea, caffeine, etc.

Nvm, just went around the block and found it......damn cheap too. Lol

rawsilk

I just hate smelling like any kind of "food" but ... the benefits are so good that I just stay to myself before wash day. LOL -- just had a mental image of being chased by cats, dogs everything because it really does reek.

biancaelyse

MayaNatural I have a stick blender that I immerse and blend with and this has worked well for me.

Last week I used the powder and blended it really well and I was able to rinse with no particles in my hair. Happiness!!

I think this will work with the seeds also but I will put them in my Vitamix to really pulverize them before applying.

MayaNatural

MayaNatural I have a stick blender that I immerse and blend with and this has worked well for me. Last week I used the powder and blended it really well and I was able to rinse with no particles in my hair. Happiness!! I think this will work with the seeds also but I will put them in my Vitamix to really pulverize them before applying.

biancaelyse Thank you!! I will pick up a stick blender this weekend and I been looking at the Vitamix blender for a while now.. I think QVC or HSN (can't remember) have it on flex pay. I might buy it as a Christmas gift to myself :). Thanks again.