Four hours to detangle your hair???

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepithealthy

She prolly uses a needle to untangle single strand knots. So I can see it taking 4 hours. :ohwell:

You gotta do what works for you...

:shocked: people do that....I am sooo not that dedicated :nono::nono:

My hair is just about arm pit length when straightened. If my hair is in twists it only takes me about 20 to 30 minutes to detangle. If I do wash and go's it tends to get more tangled and take me about an hour. 4 hours

If it took my four hours I would have to try something different.

okay I just realized she dry detangles. I never detangle my head dry that would take 4EVER!

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

Actually, she did once mention using a needle to get out single strands knots. I recall a comment asking her to do a video on it but I never saw the video (if she did one).

She prolly uses a needle to untangle single strand knots. So I can see it taking 4 hours. :ohwell:

You gotta do what works for you...

SimJam

to each their own I guess

Guess now ladies will be asking for help to lengthen their detangling sessions so they too can have long KT hairs

brg240

I don't see why she detangles dry though. Am I missing something? I detangle my hair wet with loads of conditioner and detangling is pretty much a breeze for me. (shrug). Then again, my hair is short though.... :look:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but my hair matts up :nono:

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I can't get down with the needles dude. I feel like I would be plucking cuticles off trying to untangle a knot creating splits and holes and all kinds of ish. I never got how that could be beneficial.....

virtuenow

Also, doesn't she avoid silicones? So, dry detangling and no silicones. I can see it. It use to take me hours before I started leaving silicone conditioners with awesome slip as leave- ins. But, I am sure that there are people out that would need that long even with those methods. *kany shrug*

I don't understand what you mean...Are using a silicone conditioner to detangle; or is this just your general leave-in conditioner??

LovelyNaps26

dry detangling doesn't make much sense to me. i have coarse 4a/4b (mostly 4b) hair and i prepoo for an hour under the dryer, detangle in the shower AND twist within 4 hours TOTAL. And that's only if I get distracted by one of the Nigerian movies I'm likely watching. :lachen:

choctaw

she don't use her own leave in? :perplexed

she still saying with the leave in it takes four hours?

oh I'm lost

nevamind:look:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
That's way too long to me. I usually detangle in the shower with conditioner in my hair so it might take me 30-45 minutes. I tend to wear my hair in stretched out states so I almost never deal with shrunken hair unless its detangling after a deep condition.

Vashti

When I saw that video and heard her mention that she detangles her hair dry I cringed. I can just hear the hairs on my head snapping off. I love her hair but four hours is a bit much for me. Only takes me 30 minutes.

Sweet_Ambrosia

If it took me 4 hours to detangle my hair I would need a glass of wine and a nap afterwards. It takes me 10-15 mins max to detangle my hair, I use my fingers while my hair is soaking wet with lots of conditioner+oil and I take my time from start to finish.

Her hair must be super tangled/knotted up to begin with or she’s just extremelyyyy particular about her hair care methods if it takes her 4 hours to detangle, I think the latter may be true for her, after skimming through the other KT thread 2 ½ hours to apply one product…alrighty then, but if it works for her great.

Ms Lala

That's a real long time. I didn't watch the vid but if she is doing this on hair that has been air dryed w/o prior detangling I can see how that would happen. When your hair air drys it basically is molded in the state you left it in making it very difficult to detangle w/o some type of detangler added. I don't detangle wet hair in the shower either.It leads to more breakage for me, especially as my hair passed BSL. This is why I wash in braids. I detangle while slightly damp and sometimes I will comb through my hair again while styling. Now sometimes I do what I call a super detangling session where I go through my hair w/a small tooth comb after the larger one and that can take an hour. But on a regular basis I spend about 30 minutes detangling on wash days. I also finger comb before hand so that really helps (that is not included in the 30 minutes) I just couldn't imagine spending that long but if it working for that person I guess it's fine, I would only wash once a month if it took me that long to detangle. I can do a nice set of twists w/n 4 hours while detagling as I go along.

Last edited:

Kash

Geezus! If I had to spend 4 hours doing anything to my hair I would just cut it down to 2 inches and call it a day. That is a big chunk of your life just to detangle some hair.:spinning:

If it took me 4 hours to detangle my hair I would need a glass of wine and a nap afterwards. It takes me 10-15 mins max to detangle my hair, I use my fingers while my hair is soaking wet with lots of conditioner+oil and I take my time from start to finish.

Her hair must be super tangled/knotted up to begin with or she’s just extremelyyyy particular about her hair care methods if it takes her 4 hours to detangle, I think the latter may be true for her, after skimming through the other KT thread 2 ½ hours to apply one product…alrighty then, but if it works for her great.
Now THATS dedication. I guess Im just not quite THAT vested in my hair. :nono:

naturalmanenyc

I was just looking at your 70% shrinkage. AMAZING!!!!
YouTube - Natural Hair Growth 101: Hair Washing Pt 2

That's a real long time. I didn't watch the vid but if she is doing this on hair that has been air dryed w/o prior detangling I can see how that would happen. When your hair air drys it basically is molded in the state you left it in making it very difficult to detangle w/o some type of detangler added. I don't detangle wet hair in the shower either.It leads to more breakage for me, especially as my hair passed BSL. This is why I wash in braids. I detangle while slightly damp and sometimes I will comb through my hair again while styling. Now sometimes I do what I call a super detangling session where I go through my hair w/a small tooth comb after the larger one and that can take an hour. But on a regular basis I spend about 30 minutes detangling on wash days. I also finger comb before hand so that really helps (that is not included in the 30 minutes) I just couldn't imagine spending that long but if it working for that person I guess it's fine, I would only wash once a month if it took me that long to detangle. I can do a nice set of twists w/n 4 hours while detagling as I go along.

MA2010

On wet hair it takes me maybe 15-20 minutes to detangle. 30-60 minutes on dry old braid out/ twist out hair .

^^^Oh yes, just subbed to NaturalHairGrowth101! Beautiful hair.

empressri

I've gotten two trims this year, each time I think half an inch taken off both times.

So one inch for the year. And I'm not taking 4 hours to detangle. Hell when I was transitioning it didn't take that long. I'd be praying for Jesus to take the wheel if it took me that long :lachen:

Status
Not open for further replies.