French mesh rollers

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Help me understand..Why not just buy them from Macherie? Shipping is only $6.

I am not throwing stones, I just don't understand why you would go through the trouble of getting them shipped from France when you can buy in the US and get them in no time flat.

Mainly because she is only offering one size. If you only want the 50mm blue ones she is selling, then yes its a decent deal. However, if you want or need other sizes, well you need to order them yourself.

Also, I have been able to compare the current ones at the BSS (Diane brand) versus how the French ones are made. The Diane brand (and similar) brands are cheaply made with far less mesh (which looks and feels like netting). I would prefer to have a higher quality product.

I will take a picture of the two brands once I get the French ones side by side to show the difference.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
oh wow i just saw the price:shocked::shocked:

i think i might just get the bss rollers for now. i do not have enough hair to justify that price for rollers!:nono:the annie brand is better than the diane, the diane mesh rollers are extremely flimsy

Sunshine_One

I'm thinking about ordering these rollers. I just saw Macherie's vid on them. I should have known there was thread about them here. :) I would also be interested in ordering various sizes.

vevster

I have a friend that is in France all the time. She will prolly bring me a whole bunch. I'm going to ask her. Once it is a go, I'll ask for interest here in terms of sizes etc. That will eliminate the ginormous ship costs.... :D

vevster

I'm going to give my friend 3 magnetic rollers sizes that I already use.
She will then go to FR and find the approximate rollers(bigoudies). Plus the pins. I hope she can find a better price then on that Fashion Megastore site !!

Sunshine_One

I took the plunge and ordered one set of 12 from Macherie at the discounted price. I already have a bunch of the smaller Goddy (brand) plastic mesh. So I will use those if the blue run out. But I think the 12 set will work for now. I like big curls. I will sub to this thread because I know I will want to purchase more.

blackberry815

I am interested in these rollers too! If u can get them at a better price than 30 a pack I would be elated! I use magnetic rollers now and even in being extremely careful sometimes I can't avoid snagging my hair with the metal clips.. Plus I'm sure over time it weakens the hair strand... I know the mesh rollers are probably much easier on the hair because its just the plastic pin... Also cutting down on drying time is a big selling point for me.. Please let me know if u can get a bulk order! I would want two packs

hothair

This thread was bumped up at the right time! I just did my first rollerset on natural hair and its not bad if I may say so myself. I had to flatiron the roots though, but I like the buoyance of it. I think I'll do this once a week.

The worst part for me was under the dryer so will see if I can order from the french site if someone can confirm the drying time is faster than with the magnetic?

tomnikids3

I would be interested in purchasing as well. I just wonder if they come bigger than that blue one, for the back of my hair i use the magenetic black rollers, the next size from the grey, so if i could get 1 pack of blue and a bigger size im on board.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I heard back from the company to set up the account but need to work out one detail.

There are many different sizes but the keep in mind the rollers are a bit longer than the ones we are used to in the US.

empressri

*le sigh*

everytime half of my brain feels adventurous and says hey, i want to try a rollerset, the common sense side goes heffen, are you crazy? do you know how long that will TAKE?!?!

heck when i was relaxed and my sis did my hair, she set it in rollers and i had to sit under the dryer for three hours, and even then more often than not my hair was still damp and i had to leave her house with all those rollers in my head which was embarrassing for preteen me.

to try now? id lose my mind. id get right on this board and ask who is in my area that is willing to come finish setting my hair. id even have drinks and chicken wings on hand.

Sunshine_One

Well I got my rollers yesterday! I can't wait to use them! These rollers are most definitely the BEST quality mesh rollers I've ever seen. Mizteaze is correct the blue french boufant rollers are long and wide so I will be able to get a lot more hair on each roller. I think they are a great investment to my hair care collection.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
Well I got my rollers yesterday! I can't wait to use them! These rollers are most definitely the BEST quality mesh rollers I've ever seen. Mizteaze is correct the blue french boufant rollers are long and wide so I will be able to get a lot more hair on each roller. I think they are a great investment to my hair care collection.

Sunshine_One, do you get pins with them?

Oyekade

I will love to join the group order. I want to get back into roller setting again. I have missed it. I went to sally to look at the mesh rollers, they are very flimsy and not sturdy at all, so this will be nice to have

Sunshine_One

@Sunshine_One, do you get pins with them?

Yes they come with a pack of pins included. However, I plan to stop by the bss and pick up more pins. I'm the type of person that likes to have more than enough..:lol:

I am also interested in a group order. However, I do want to send a shout out to Macherie for her video and being the 1st to make these rollers easliy available in the US! :yep:

Also many thanks to Albane for starting this thread. I remember visiting her fotki and reading about these rollers on the board in my early years here. But I completely forgot about them. Watching Macherie's vid last week put me back on. So I'm thankful!!

Ltown

Greyland
Yes they come with a pack of pins included. However, I plan to stop by the bss and pick up more pins. I'm the type of person that likes to have more than enough..:lol:

I am also interested in a group order. However, I do want to send a shout out to Macherie for her video and being the 1st to make these rollers easliy available in the US! :yep:

Also many thanks to Albanefor starting this thread. I remember visiting her fotki and reading about these rollers on the board in my early years here. But I completely forgot about them. Watching Macherie's vid last week put me back on. So I'm thankful!!

I agree with the bold, Macherie video I watch and hair site I found.

Miss*Tress

to try now? id lose my mind. id get right on this board and ask who is in my area that is willing to come finish setting my hair. id even have drinks and chicken wings on hand.
I would love to do a roller set for you, unfortunately I'm not in your area. And it would be for the pleasure of doing your hair although I wouldn't turn down the food & drink. I enjoy doing roller sets for others. :look:

Last edited:

empressri

I would love to do a roller set for you, unfortunately I'm not in your area. And it would be for the pleasure of doing your hair although I wouldn't turn down the food & drink. I enjoy doing roller sets for others. :look:

ooh ooh ooh, stick the knife in and turn it why dontcha!? lol i enjoy getting my hair done but to have someone that knows how to handle it would be a treat i tell ya!

BostonMaria

*le sigh*

everytime half of my brain feels adventurous and says hey, i want to try a rollerset, the common sense side goes heffen, are you crazy? do you know how long that will TAKE?!?!

heck when i was relaxed and my sis did my hair, she set it in rollers and i had to sit under the dryer for three hours, and even then more often than not my hair was still damp and i had to leave her house with all those rollers in my head which was embarrassing for preteen me.

empressri it takes me 1 hour and 30 minutes to dry my hair. Its worth it though because my hair is so much easier to style when its stretched. Whether you get the French rollers or regular magnetic ones its definitely a good investment.

empressri

BostonMaria

IM SCURRED!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's like my head is three times it's size in rollers and they seem to stay damp foreveaaaaa. One day....ONE DAY...when I have some time...I will try a rollerset. I even bought magnetic rollers one day to play with. Well the day to play never came :lachen:

BostonMaria

@BostonMaria

IM SCURRED!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's like my head is three times it's size in rollers and they seem to stay damp foreveaaaaa. One day....ONE DAY...when I have some time...I will try a rollerset. I even bought magnetic rollers one day to play with. Well the day to play never came :lachen:

Ahahaa Yeah I knew you'd be scurred! Rollersetting is for us gangsta's. You can't hang with us :lachen:

I've been rollersetting since I was like 7 years old :grin: so me and my noggin are used to it. If you have a decent dryer and have time to kill (knit a sweater, read a book, write a thesis) then I say go for it.

empressri

Ahahaa Yeah I knew you'd be scurred! Rollersetting is for us gangsta's. You can't hang with us :lachen:

I've been rollersetting since I was like 7 years old :grin: so me and my noggin are used to it. If you have a decent dryer and have time to kill (knit a sweater, read a book, write a thesis) then I say go for it.

girl i could eat a sammich, dig up every drama thread ever posted on LHCF, watch all three pirates of the caribbean or twilight, new moon and eclipse and my hair would still be damp.

yo....mom dukes has been rollersetting since..forever. before i was born. stop playing id bring the roller to her like pleeease! and she does the mesh ones.

speaking of which...she needs some new damn mesh rollers i should order us those french ones.

which is making me think.... my mother has been rollersetting and she basically air dries for the most part. and she relaxes. her hair never thinned out or broke off. the only part that was thinned was her temple and that came with age but her regimen has her with a head full of hair.

albane

Tomnikids3,
no they do not come in bigger sizes. However I ma not sure it would be worth to get such bigger size. Asd they are longer than the grey magnetic rollers, full rollerset with these rollers are already quite massive, so not sure a lot of us would go for a bigger size.....