Gratitude in the Gethsemane

kayte

I'm crying ..in tears today ..remembering ...2007 I was in landlord tenant court ..not because I was a bad person...but with all the hurt I'd had with my dad's illness and death ..hard as I tried
I simply was not earning enough for my high rent and it had accrued to over 4500 dollars.... by the grace of God with artists grants specifically for artists/writers in trouble... I was able to raise that money and keep the landlord from seizing my apartment but I had to pay on time for a year or risk a holdover
when they can seize your apartment even if you do have money to pay delayed rent

I was in such fear

Today....it is Feb 27...the landlord just slipped the March Rent bill under my door..wrote out a check for 1340.00 and in an hour when I go out for errands..I will pay the rent:) on time ..before it is due knowing rent through summer is assured with work of my heart that is paying me NOW

Thank you God Thank you Thank you

Last edited:

Sashaa08

I'm crying ..in tears today ..remembering ...2007 I was in landlord tenant court ..not because I was a bad person...but with all the hurt I'd had with my dad's illness and death ..hard as I tried
I simply was not earning enough for my high rent and it had accrued to over 4500 dollars.... by the grace of God with artists grants specifically for artists/writers in trouble... I was able to raise that money and keep the landlord from seizing my apartment but I had to pay on time for a year or risk a holdover
when they can seize your apartment even if you do have money to pay delayed rent

I was in such fear

Today....it is Feb 27...the landlord just slipped the March Rent bill under my door..wrote out a check for 1340.00 and in an hour when I go out for errands..I will pay the rent:) on time ..before it is due knowing rent through summer is assured with work of my heart that is paying me NOW

Thank you God Thank you Thank you

Give Him praise for how He has brought and kept you! :yahoo:

ultrasuede

Your testimony is beautiful amd amazing, the Lord has brought you and all of us a long, long way. Great is his faithfulness!

ultrasuede

I am thankful today for the peace that passeth all understanding and that helps us keep our hearts and mind on Christ Jesus.

Psalm 122
A song of ascents. Of David.
1 I rejoiced with those who said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."

2 Our feet are standing
in your gates, O Jerusalem.

3 Jerusalem is built like a city
that is closely compacted together.

4 That is where the tribes go up,
the tribes of the LORD,
to praise the name of the LORD
according to the statute given to Israel.

5 There the thrones for judgment stand,
the thrones of the house of David.

6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May those who love you be secure.

7 May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels."

8 For the sake of my brothers and friends,
I will say, "Peace be within you."

9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.

kayte

I am thankful today for the peace that passeth all understanding and that helps us keep our hearts and mind on Christ Jesus.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May those who love you be secure.

7 May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels."

8 For the sake of my brothers and friends,
I will say, "Peace be within you."

9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.

I really needed/need this
giving thanks for peace that is available
whenever I turn to God and not mySelf

kayte

He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Psalms 91:4

Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me;
2 Timothy 4:17

Giving gratitude for my the Lord protecting my mom who was in a car accident
yesterday and was not seriously injured...she spent the day at the hosptial with all diagnostic tests to ensure she was okay....

Also giving thanks for the lovely and thoughtful members who posted get well wishes
when I was sick and grateful I am so much better today...and I do believe this is in part from that kindness.
Caring, kindness, and thoughtfulness go a long way... :)

For these blessings Lord,I give thanks to You

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the wo/man who falls and
has no one to help her/him up!

Eccl 4:9-12 NIV

Last edited:

ultrasuede

Giving gratitude for my the Lord protecting my mom who was in a car accident
yesterday and was not seriously injured...she spent the day at the hosptial with all diagnostic tests to ensure she was okay....

So happy to hear that your mother was not seriously injured in the car accident. Praise the Lord!

kayte

2 Peter 1:4
He has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Very very grateful to the Lord raining abundance on me! Every week..the Lord has sent someone to contact me for author appearances..every week..someone has expressed interest!
Today it was my booking agent who landed me an over 2,000 job next month
..out ---of --the blue---
but it was not ..
it was... and is..... and shall always be..... the GREAT I AM
Praise to God who has not forgotten his lowly servant

kayte

Jeremiah 29:11

'For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' (NIV)

Psalm 30 AMP
I WILL extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
2O Lord my God, I cried to You and You have healed me.

3O Lord, You have brought my life up from Sheol (the place of the dead); You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit (the grave).

4Sing to the Lord, O you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.

5For His anger is but for a moment, but His favor is for a lifetime or in His favor is life. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.(A)

6As for me, in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.

7By Your favor, O Lord, You have established me as a strong mountain; You hid Your face, and I was troubled.

8I cried to You, O Lord, and to the Lord I made supplication.

9What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit (the grave)? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth and faithfulness to men?

10Hear, O Lord, have mercy and be gracious to me! O Lord, be my helper!

11You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,

12To the end that my tongue and my heart and everything glorious within me may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

I need to start checking in with gratitudes again ; ~ )

my heart and spirit are heavy and distant from each other
and from God
so giving thanks that not only does God brings me back from
the darkness into the light,but He has blessed me with kindness
and with favor....turned my mourning into joy and dancing
and I give thanks and praise to HIM forever

Last edited:

Sashaa08

You are so right, Kayte. I am getting so bogged down in work and my activities that I need to take the time to stop and thank God for the blessings that I have.

Isaiah 44:10
You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

ultrasuede

You are so right, Kayte. I am getting so bogged down in work and my activities that I need to take the time to stop and thank God for the blessings that I have.

This is so very true. Expressing gratitude unto the Lord really keeps you focused.

Psalm 121:5-8 (New International Version)

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

I am thankful for the presence of the Lord that keeps us grounded and able to have hope and confidence in all situations.

kayte

Deuteronomy 31:8

"The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

Joshua 1
7 Only be strong and very courageous, to observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded you: don't turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go.

1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate thereon day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success.

1:9 Haven't I commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; don't be afraid, neither be dismayed: for Yahweh your God is with you wherever you go.

It was a rough 24 hours but the Lord never left me and He won't.
Thank you Lord for holding my hand,promising me success protection and contentmentwith what I already have been given

kayte

Then shalt thou walk in thy way of safety, and thy foot shall not stumble.
(Proverbs 3:23)

Thanking the Lord for His loving protection for me and my family

kayte

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1 Peter 1-3.... King james

Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! God has given us a new birth because of his great mercy. We have been born into a new life that has a confidence which is alive because Jesus Christ has come back to life.
1 Peter 1-3 New American Standard Bible

It was a lovely day today.
Thank you Lord God for giving me hope

Sashaa08

I am grateful that Christ has made us more than conquerors and that He causes us to triumph over all heartaches, obstacles, and adversity.

II Corinthians 4:7-15
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So then death is working in us, but life in you.
And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,”[a]we also believe and therefore speak, knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.
For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God.

kayte

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. (KJV)

Jeremiah 1:8
Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD." (NIV)

This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls

sometimes it seems I worry even when solutions are already in place
I just worry and money is always number one
thanking the Lord for author work on tour that will pay well
and also as I was worrying/working..I opened an email

[I]Our summer reading theme is Get Creative and I immediately thought of you as a possible presenter I've heard wonderful things about your workshop and the combination of music and a kazoo craft just seals the deal![/I]

and I just KNOW that was NOT an accident
thank you Lord for answering before I can even put concerns into prayer

ultrasuede

Isaiah 58:11 (New King James Version)

11 The LORD will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

I am thankful for all recent blessings, and most recently a timely unexpected financial blessing.

Sashaa08

I am thankful for all recent blessings, and most recently a timely unexpected financial blessing.

:woot: That's awesome, Ultrauede!!! I am so happy for you. God is so kind and giving. He seems to always know what we need. I need to go bump one of your earlier scriptures you posted because once again I have received clarity-He always gives you what you need and responds to your needs and concerns. He's good.

ultrasuede

Isaiah 65:24 (New King James Version)

24 “ It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.

TodaY I am very thankful to the Lord for preseving and protecting my sister and my two nephews when their car was hit by a pick up truck and totaled. Praise the Lord they were not seriously hurt. To God be all the glory!

kayte

TodaY I am very thankful to the Lord for preseving and protecting my sister and my two nephews when their car was hit by a pick up truck and totaled. Praise the Lord they were not seriously hurt. To God be all the glory!

Oh dear God thank you for the protection of your beloved ones
Yes..to God be the glory.

kayte

Psalm 91

The LORD Most High
is your fortress.
Run to him for safety,
and no terrible disasters
will strike you
or your home.

God will command his angels
to protect you
wherever you go.
They will carry you
in their arms,
and you won't hurt your feet
on the stones.

Giving thanks because..last week I started to get up and walk away with my bag still
on the bus waiting seat, except a man alerted me I was leaving it ..this was a huge bag so clearly I was very very distracted to have gotten up without a thought..
and my credit cards and 160 in cash was in it

and then today I came home to find my door was partially open .and ajar.
I had forgotten to close it and lock it
NO ONE had been in ..my home was completely undisturbed but it could easily have gone
so wrong....so so wrong in both cases

thank you God for protecting me

Last edited:

ultrasuede

Giving thanks because..last week I started to get up and walk away with my bag still
on the bus waiting seat, except a man alerted me I was leaving it ..this was a huge bag so clearly I was very very distracted to have gotten up without a thought..

NO ONE had been in ..my home was completely undisturbed but it could easily have gone

Yes that was truly a blessing not to have been inconvenienced by losing your bag or having someone go into your house. Thank the Lord!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Psalm 91

The LORD Most High
is your fortress.
Run to him for safety,
and no terrible disasters
will strike you
or your home.

God will command his angels
to protect you
wherever you go.
They will carry you
in their arms,
and you won't hurt your feet
on the stones.

Good Lord! Praise God All Mighty, Kayte. I'm so glad that the mercies of God are upon you, no matter where you are.

"For, Goodness and Mercy shall follow you all the days of your life..."

"The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. (He 'guards' all that is mine...). Psalm 16:5

Blessings Beautiful Kayte... :kiss: