Grow your NAPE - tutorial **PHOTOS**

Mook's hair

I've been protecting my nape by cornrowing it across and it has been thriving. But I never know what to do with the long tail of the braid. when I pin it the hairpin always seems to fall out at some point during the day or it jabs me in my neck meat.

Until now....
I just did this and had to share.
You can do this and wear your hair down if you have at least SL hair, no one will even see the braid under your hair. You can keep it moisturized, oiled and off of your clothes all day and Hopefully you'll get good results too.

I also posted a video of the whole thing in my fotki videos section.

All you need is
1. the ability to cornrow
2. a small hairpin.

Here Goes
I think this should explain it pretty well, I will post larger photos in my fotki later this week but this should suffice for now. PM me if you have questions.

Last edited:

jamaicanadian

this is a great idea....i've been havin issues with my nape area so I will definitely be trying this. your tutorial is well done!

locabouthair

Great idea!

I would try it but I wear my hair up everyday and my nape is so broken off I cant even cornrow it :(

I'm gonna post the link to this in my nape challenge thread.

Thanks for posting!

kiesha8185

This is such a good idea, so creative!!!! I just tried this with my "faux" bob, and it still covered the cornrow in the back.

Thanks so much for posting pics and instructions!

DozenRoses99

Great thread! When I was fully relaxed, my nape would always break off and I could never keep it the same length as the rest of my hair. This is really helpful.

Isis

I've been protecting my nape by cornrowing it across and it has been thriving. But I never know what to do with the long tail of the braid. when I pin it the hairpin always seems to fall out at some point during the day or it jabs me in my neck meat.

Until now....
You can do this and wear your hair down if you have at least SL hair, no one will even see the braid under your hair. You can keep it moisturized, oiled and off of your clothes all day and Hopefully you'll get good results too.

All you need is
2. a small hairpin.

Here Goes
I think this should explain it pretty well, I will post larger photos in my fotki later this week but this should suffice for now. PM me if you have questions.

Very nice! :yep: Thanks for sharing your tutorial.
One of these days I'll learn how to cornrow. I too grew out nape by keeping it moisturized and relaxing the ng only once each year. I also braided mine but just one braid hanging down under my hair.

mscocoface

Until now....

All you need is
2. a small hairpin.

Here Goes

Mook you are a genius!!! But then you know this already. :yep:

diamondlady

Great Post. I've done this in the past and had a hard time with the braid staying up. I never thought about threading it back through itself. Great Idea.

aloof one

I have nothing to add to this thread, but:

...neck meat! :lachen:

Im glad you found a way, I think Ill get my friend to help me with that or do a two strand twist cause I cant cornrow for anything:sad:

~~HoneyComb~~

What a great idea. My oldest daughter's nape is in serious trouble because she's been not taking care of her hair like I taught her (she's 19). I have taken over in taking care of her hair recently and I'm going to suggest this to her. Thank you.

BlondeByDesire

Great idea - I will definitely do this ... as stated in my Fotki this is one of my problem areas - but I think it's coming along now ... but this technique will definitely add to it's growth.

dlewis

This really works. My aunt use to do my cousins hair like this, at the kitchens and two at the front around the edges.

This summer my daughters hair broke off around the edges at her face, she had about 1" of hair there. I did the two cornrows the months of July/August and it helped protect her hair and she was able to gain some length. Now you'll never know that the hair had broken off their. It's about 7" long and blends with the other hair.

wannabelong

This really works. My aunt use to do my cousins hair like this, at the kitchens and two at the front around the edges.

This summer my daughters hair broke off around the edges at her face, she had about 1" of hair there. I did the two cornrows the months of July/August and it helped protect her hair and she was able to gain some length. Now you'll never know that the hair had broken off their. It's about 7" long and blends with the other hair.

My daughter has the same problem. I'm going to do this for two months and see what happens. Thanks for the tip DLewis.

dlewis

My daughter has the same problem. I'm going to do this for two months and see what happens. Thanks for the tip DLewis.

I finally figured out it was the bonnet she was wearing. I would do her hair at night so she wouldn't have to get up in the morning for me to do it. She still wears a bonnet but that old one was to rough around the edges.

kittenz

This is a great idea. I'm at work and couldn't even wait to try it:grin:. I just parted my nape with my letter opener, rubbed some hand lotion on my hair for moisture and cornrowed it across. I don't have any hair pins with me so... I used a bent paper clip. My nape always gives me problems. Told you I couldn't wait it took me about two minutes. :lachen: And to think I'm the front desk receptionist... glad nobody walked by or came in.:rolleyes: