Hair set back with comparison pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

msa

Ooooo. So your hair in the first pic wasn't even blowdried? So there could have been lots of shrinkage in there...making your hair seem much shorter than it actually was in the first pic.

I asked her that a few posts ago and she said that both times her beautician blew her hair out the same. Idk.

You're right. She did clearly post that it's blown out the same.

Well uhhh...like I said...it's still great retention whether it took 3 months or 3 years.

Nothing wrong with skepticism Esq.2B...shoot I don't believe any of the pics I see when people talk about growth aids so I understand where you're coming from.

Leesh

With Sweet Cashew we're comparing May 8 07 to Nov 9 07 right?

Thats 6 months of growth. Not 3 months. A whole different ball game. Sweet Cashew looks like shes growing an inch a month maybe a bit more. But to me its more understandable to go from WL (with curled ends) to tail bone in 6 months. And if you count the full month of May its 7 months. To me it looks like the OP went from SL to MBL in 3 months. To me she looks MBL. I don't believe that the OP is lying. LOL I just think she got her dates mixed up. This is like damn unbelievable! No pun to the OP.

I Agree, Its not that I am accusing You of Lying whatsoever, and I am by no means a hater, I Love seeing My LHCF Sisters acheiving, thats the name of the game here, that lets Me know its possible for Me, but that would be considered Miraculous, to have gotten that amount of growth in 90 Days. And if its possible for You, there is Hope for Me.

Last edited:

Leesh

Ya'll are some ruthless mofos. :lol:

Regardless of whether or not the pictures are comparable (which I can admit, the first picture has some texture to the hair as opposed to the updated progress picture), she DID make progress.

Her hair GREW, period. There are some of us who can barely get a couple of inches in in a year's time, so give her props for at least moving past her setback and seeing good growth and retention.

Congratulations OP. I'm sorry that it couldn't be more joyous for you.

I believe that most are happy with her progress, just not the Pics, I'm sure there would'nt be a LHCF Sister not compassionate to her Mishap or MAYBE!, but in any case, I Love seeing Progress, that gives Me hope, but People are entitled to their opinions, does'nt mean it's Hate.

Leesh

Girl, not me, I'mma say what I want. If a member posts pics here, that means feedback is expected. Where are the rules that say we all have to nod our heads in agreement like a bunch of sheep. As long as no one is being disrespectful, we don't all have to agree or believe a poster.

Funny because one of the people in this thread hollering about "hate" has proven herself to be a hater to me, time and time again, in other threads regarding other people though (not me). But I won't even go there. It's a recession and I'm not tryn to lose my 6.50. :lachen:

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thats all I can say!
That is what this Forum thing is all about "OPINION", but when You give it and its not what wants to be heard, then Your a Hater.COME ON!

kblc06

I didn't believe it until I saw it myself either, but from looking at pics from band camp until the end of of the school year she actually had that much growth. But to be completely honest, she's the only person I've ever encountered whose hair grew that fast, caucasian, black, asian, martian :lol:. Again people like that are statistical anomalies as are people whose hair only grows 1/8" a month :drunk: . While I understand the --> :huh: and :perplexed over her progress pics .... I'm just saying that it's still possible

I thought I was done commenting until I read this..You know, being that I am 5'6, this made me literally get up, take my measurement from shoulder to knee and made my friend do it as well. She's 5'4. Being that she is 5'5 we both assumed that from shoulder to knee its probably anywhere from 27 inches to 32 inches.

So if I have my math calculations right.. :diver:

Your friend was gaining anywhere between 3.3 inches a month & 4 inches a month. Your story might be true & all but, it just seems so outrageous it makes me :lachen:

I mean you have to figure. When people start busting out with claims that basically say "hey i gain 3 inches or more a month." you have to figure its going to make anyone :ohwell:. To me its like someone saying "Yo, I sat and I ran at the same time!".. I mean its such a deviance from the norm, I think its only natural for people to be skeptical. I mean the OP even said she was shocked at the amount of growth that she received, so I mean if shes shocked you know WE are shocked. But it don't matter really. Her hair is like damn near MBL after 3 months, and my nape still b.a.l.d.h.e.a.d.e.d so she wins.

doriannc

LOL at all these n00bies trying to say that she is lying! Obviously her hair is textured in the first pic and blown out in the second. Some of y'all just want to be startin somethin

bedazzled

I didn't believe it until I saw it myself either, but from looking at pics from band camp until the end of of the school year she actually had that much growth. But to be completely honest, she's the only person I've ever encountered whose hair grew that fast, caucasian, black, asian, martian :lol:. Again people like that are statistical anomalies as are people whose hair only grows 1/8" a month :drunk: . While I understand the --> :huh: and :perplexed over her progress pics .... I'm just saying that it's still possible

LMAO @ martian. Yeah that is somethin. :yep: Well I guess we all learn something new everyday. That is amazing though. And you are making a great point. 1/8 an inch is very uncommon so why cannot their be ladies who grow ridiculously fast?

hothair

:congrats: OP. And y'all wonder why lurkers pop out of nowhere with WL hair and don't share their info on getting there:rolleyes:

La Colocha

Its one thing to not believe and respectfully state your opinion, and its another to post this on another forum to cause futher embarrasment to the op. Talk about throwin salt in the wound:nono:.

carameldelight87

Wow, I'm really ashamed by the way some people are acting on this post. :nono: Can we take it back to old school when ur parents (hopefully they did) told u "if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!?" :naughty:

Even if her hair wasn't blow dried, she's relaxed so she's not gonna have much shrinkage in the first pic. If u look at the waves in her hair they ARE consistent with a bun. Especially if u wear that often to HIDE the bad cut. Those waves would barely account for an extra 1/4inch of length.

She also isn't MBL in the second pic. She's obviously relaxing and leaning her head back, as u can tell by the bend on the left side of her hair. So imagine if she straightened up, her length would appear shorter which would probably put her between APL and BSL.

Y'all are doin WAAAAAY too much to question this woman's growth. :perplexed

mrsmeredith, :dance7: congrats on getting some of ur length back. My cousin did the same thing to me and I was :angry2: Hair will always grow back though, so I couldn't go off too bad. I ended up cutting it later myself to starts locs. :ohwell:

Good luck on making ur goals! :grin:

♥Lamaravilla♥

^^^ It's not that people don't believe her. We are pretty sure she has had good progress, but if you're going to post pictures at least make it pictures that are comparable. You can't have one pic where your hair is wavy and curled under and you're standing. And then an update pic where it's bone straight and you're sitting with your head tilted back. It's very misleading .... I think that's what people are complaining about. Anyhow, let me beat it before I get e-jumped :auto:

sunshinelady

Y'all her hair is not MBL, it is BSL. Check the pics and really look where her bra strap is. I think you all are misjudging the length. I think her growth is possible. She was between SL and APL in the first pic and BSL in the second.

♥Lamaravilla♥

I'd love it if you would take that question down. That's just hurtful. No doubt, there are some haters out there, not just in this thread, I wonder if they have slow-growing hair.

:huh: How is that hurtful?

ETA: Nevermind, bye y'all lol. Now a heff can't even ask questions without being accused of trying to hurt people, rid@mndiculous...

LushLox

I think she's telling the truth, otherwise why would she post this:-

I wish there was a way. Last Thursday I went to get my hair clipped and she chopped off 4 inches. I could not tell when I was there because my hair was so jacked up when she finished I was only concerned about this big buffant puffy thing on my head. When I got home, I wrapped with saran wrap for 10 min under the dryer and it was finally smooth. Then I noticed my hair no longer passed my breast. It did not touch my breast plus one side is shorter than the other. I then got a mirror and looked in the back. My hair use to reach mid bra now my hair reaches arm pit from back, no where near my bra. Plus it is uneven and chopped up. I have to get it cut again or clipped across to even it all out over time. So I don't know what or how to deal with her without going to jail. She has done my hair before (cutting and clipping) so I know she knew what she was doing this time and I really believe in my heart that she did it on purpose.

Op, sorry for my rant on your post

ETA: It just gives more of an explanation.

Last edited:

Khaiya

Wow, I'm really ashamed by the way some people are acting on this post. :nono: Can we take it back to old school when ur parents (hopefully they did) told u "if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!?" :naughty:

Even if her hair wasn't blow dried, she's relaxed so she's not gonna have much shrinkage in the first pic. If u look at the waves in her hair they ARE consistent with a bun. Especially if u wear that often to HIDE the bad cut. Those waves would barely account for an extra 1/4inch of length.

She also isn't MBL in the second pic. She's obviously relaxing and leaning her head back, as u can tell by the bend on the left side of her hair. So imagine if she straightened up, her length would appear shorter which would probably put her between APL and BSL.

Y'all are doin WAAAAAY too much to question this woman's growth. :perplexed

mrsmeredith, :dance7: congrats on getting some of ur length back. My cousin did the same thing to me and I was :angry2: Hair will always grow back though, so I couldn't go off too bad. I ended up cutting it later myself to starts locs. :ohwell:

Good luck on making ur goals! :grin:

You said everything i wanted to say, my hair is now about where OP's was in the first pic, about 2 inches from APL, i'm 5'4 and it will take me 5 inches to get to BSL, if i got 1.5 inches a month i'd need jus 1/2 inch more to be BSL after 3 months......provided i could retain it all. We mostly agree there are people that get 1.5 inches a month, take into consideration OP was on the phone in the last pic and her head probably wasn't 100% straight since she wasnt trying to take a comparison pic anyway, its totally believable.

So well done OP!!:dance7: GREAT progress, i do still want to see more pics in another 3 months though, by then you should be right back to where you started!

msa

Its one thing to not believe and respectfully state your opinion, and its another to post this on another forum to cause futher embarrasment to the op. Talk about throwin salt in the wound:nono:.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a poster from here who started that thread.

You have to realize, A LOT of the lurkers on LHCF belong to other hair boards (bhm, naturally curly, nappturality etc.) where you don't have to pay money to post. There are many threads on BHM that reference stuff from over here. Same with Naturally Curly.

Basically, if you don't want the whole hair care community knowing your business, best not to post it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.