HAIR TYPE 3b/c BSL and beyond...

CHECKMATE!

...members, what is your regimen? Which relaxer do you use? what products are you using? Shampos? Conditioners? Leave Ins? Protein treatments? I see so many 4a/b discussions the board,but I wanted to direct this question specifically to my hair twins:yep:...Your responses are greatly appreciated:grin:

naturallygoldie

...members, what is your regimen? Which relaxer do you use? what products are you using? Shampos? Conditioners? Leave Ins? Protein treatments? I see so many 4a/b discussions the board,but I wanted to direct this question specifically to my hair twins:yep:...Your responses are greatly appreciated:grin:

Hi...while i don't have any pics (i'm hiding my hair until my stretch is ova)...i'm 3c, relaxed and midback length

My reggie:
I go to the dominicans to wash and deep condition every week (every 5 days in summer)

The shampoo they use is Alter Ego Nourishing shampoo and then conditioner (i'm thinking of having them use either mizani or keracare)

I deep condition with nexxus humectress or pm supercharged or instant moisturizer

i wrap my hair for that one day

I use coconut oil on my scalp that night and as needed as the week goes by (just made a coconut infused with cinnamon concoction that i'm dying to use)

I twist my hair up and pin it with a jumbo wrap pin and silk scarf it at night

about the third day i use sunsilk hydra 24/7 creme and seal with coconut oil or jojoba

I have yet to do a protein treatment:blush:

I keep my hair up in a loose clasp or messy bun

I relax every 10-12 weeks with precise no lye

hth

Last edited:

Geminigirl

awww patience your short lol. I can see your torso. I wish I was short. Anyways just came in to see if there were pics. I am def in the 4's so I'm outtie

Evazhair

my regimen is linked in my siggy. I am a conditioner and oil junkie, but what I use the most is listed there.

clarity2008

Hello Hair Twin :wave:

My natural texture is 3b/c. I just did a virgin relaxer on 12/24 and I came out pretty good. I used Silk Elements Mild Lye and left it on for about 7 minutes. I just loosened the curl and took away the "bulkiness". It did revert about 60% so beware.

I use ORS Creamy Aloe once a week because I have hard water and use silicones throughout the week

I co wash almost daily with HE Hello Hyrdation or Suave Humectant

I DC once a week with Silk Elements Olive Treatment or ORS Replenishing pak

I wet bun about 99% of the time beacause I am still trying to get the hang of rollersetting on my own

After I cowash I ususally leave in most of the conditioner or just add more after I get out of the shower. I then seal with almond oil, avacado oil, or a serum.

I do protein treatments as needed w/ either Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee 2 Minute

...And I believe I just made BSL. I washed my hair this morning and I while it was wet it reached to my brastrap. I can't wait to straighten it!
:woot::woot:

Last edited:

kblc06

Well, I don't use relaxers (never really took and I have to do the same things to get my natural hair straight)

-Wash every 3-5 days. I typically use a strengthening shampoo and a moisturizing shampoo (Joico K-Pak & Moisture Recovery shampoos, Ion Moisturizing Shampoo, or Follicure). I clarify as necessary or when my hair seems like it's stopped responding to products. I sometimes incorporate ayuvedic hair products as well, but not frequently. I also wash my hair in 4-6 plaits to keep the hair detangled because I often wash my hair in the sink and apply my conditioners afterwards.

-DC w/ multiple conditioners; there's typically a strengthening cond., a moisturizing cond, and any other remaining conditioner I haven't used up yet. (Joico K-Pak Reconstructor & Moisture Recovery Lines, + Lustrasilk Shea butter or Organics hair mayo, or Treseme Curl Moisture and Pantene R&N breakage mask). Sometimes I'll mix honey and EVOO with the conditioners as well. It just depends on what my hair is telling me it needs. I leave the DC in hair anywhere from 2hrs to overnight (if I'm being lazy), but its usually no more than 2. I rinse the conditioner out in the shower. I apply the conditioners re-plait my hair and rinse the cond. from my hair while in plaits. Some of the conditioner remains in between, providing a nice slip when I take them down to apply my leave ins

-I apply leave-ins. I've consistently used cantu shea butter leave in (both relaxed and natural. I may apply some Organics hair mayo as well or Parneavu. For the past couple of months I've been sealing my plaits with Vaseline which has worked WONDERS at keeping my ends from splitting

-Air-dry....except if I'm rollersetting (in which case I sit under the dryer).

I also mainly keep my hair in protective styles

Natural Glow

I haven't straightened my hair in a while but i'm guessing i'm still waist length. (I had a bad experience with some hair color) i don't use relaxers. I usually wash my hair 2 times a week and co wash another days. When i'm not being lazy i like to straighten every other week. I deep condition whenever i straighten.

Natural Glow

as far as products i use what ever shampoo i have around. For co wash i use the one from sallys that come in the gallon. Or whatever i have. I like to use ors for my deep conditioner. I also have proclaim aloe and shea and generic k pac. I don't have a set schedule i just use what i think i need at the time.

Last edited:

Cichelle

How much I wash or cowash a week varies from phase to phase, usually depending on two things: How hectic my schedule is and how lazy I'm feeling. It's very rarely less than two times a week. I've currently "rededicated" myself to more frequent washing and am currently on an every other day schedule.

My products consist of shampoo bars and conditioners with an occasional dab of coconut oil (I have to use oil sparingly or it will make my hair dry and crunchy). I don't use styling products at all right now. I've been experimenting with washing my scalp and cowashing my hair. (I like a clean scalp.) I detangle in the shower with conditioner on my hair and leave some on when I'm finished.

If I'm not going to leave my hair loose to air dry, I will gently squeeze out the excess water with a t-shirt. Either way, I put my hair up in some fashion. Lately, I've been using my Ficcare a lot. If it's wet when I put it up, I'll let it down a couple hours before bed time so that it can air dry some, then I twist it to the side and sleep with it that way.

That's about it. My favorite conditioners for detangling are the cheapie V05 varieties. But I prefer whatever I leave in my hair to be a natural conditioner, if money allows. Currently, I like "Yes to Cucumbers". I use Chagrin Valley shampoo bars, but have other kinds of shampoo bars that I use depending on my goal as well. I prefer to stay away from cones, but I'm not afraid of them like I used to be. :)

I use henna about once a month. Don't trim or use heat other than a bonnet dryer when I use henna or when I need to speed up drying my hair when I band it. I don't trim my hair and I only use a seamless comb and/or a denman for detangling purposes, not for styling.

PatTodd

Well, I was brastrap until a recent unfortunate cut (bad stylist, long story) so I feel qualified to post. I joined LHCF in 2005 at lower neck length. I started at armpit and I got to brastrap by co-washing and wearing braided buns for a year in the first LHCF bootcamp (January - December 2007). I only detangled when I took the bun down to rewash weekly. I am self-texlaxed (12 minutes, two to three times yearly) with Vitale Life and Body to which I add olive oil.

Beginning in January 2008 I started wearing a loose ponytail but still gained and retained length. I was mid-back before (intentional) trim 1. My winter regimen was to co-wash weekly with any old cheapie conditioner, protein condition with Aphogee 2 minute or Ultra Sheen DuoTex, deep condition with Silicon Mix, apply leave ins and lots of oil, then put my hair into one ponytail and rollerset the ponytail only and sit under the dryer. My summer regimen was a wash n' go ponytail or high bun, co-washed every third day with a tablespoon of conditioner left it, squeezed dry (no towels ever!) same products and gel added, airdried only. And I use plain old white Crisco mixed with safflower oil in my hair...don't tell anybody :blush:

I take MSM and use Megatek (mixed with oil, as a prepoo) intermittently for growth. I avoid direct heat. I don't flatiron (don't like it, plus my hair doesn't get straight anyway) or blow dry (too much manipulation). For 2009, I plan to wear my hair out in rollersets and wear protective styles less often. I recently started using (sulfate free) shampoo and cones again after three years of avoiding them so we'll see how my hair does with that.

CHECKMATE!

Hi...while i don't have any pics (i'm hiding my hair until my stretch is ova)...i'm 3c, relaxed and midback length

My reggie:
I go to the dominicans to wash and deep condition every week (every 5 days in summer)

The shampoo they use is Alter Ego Nourishing shampoo and then conditioner (i'm thinking of having them use either mizani or keracare)

I deep condition with nexxus humectress or pm supercharged or instant moisturizer

i wrap my hair for that one day

I use coconut oil on my scalp that night and as needed as the week goes by (just made a coconut infused with cinnamon concoction that i'm dying to use)

I twist my hair up and pin it with a jumbo wrap pin and silk scarf it at night

about the third day i use sunsilk hydra 24/7 creme and seal with coconut oil or jojoba

I have yet to do a protein treatment:blush:

I keep my hair up in a loose clasp or messy bun

I relax every 10-12 weeks with precise no lye

hth

thanks for responding:grin:...are they both made by Nexxus?...and did u mix Cinnamon oil or essence...Domincans have told me that it stops shedding if you apply it the night b4 wash day:yep:

CHECKMATE!

my regimen is linked in my siggy. I am a conditioner and oil junkie, but what I use the most is listed there.

Just went there:yep:...quick question...which cond do you find moisturizes and gives the most slip? and how oftern do you use the Ion hardwater poo? does it make the hair hard?

CHECKMATE!

Hello Hair Twin :wave:

My natural texture is 3b/c. I just did a virgin relaxer on 12/24 and I came out pretty good. I used Silk Elements Mild Lye and left it on for about 7 minutes. I just loosened the curl and took away the "bulkiness". It did revert about 60% so beware.

I use ORS Creamy Aloe once a week because I have hard water and use silicones throughout the week

I co wash almost daily with HE Hello Hyrdation or Suave Humectant

I DC once a week with Silk Elements Olive Treatment or ORS Replenishing pak

I wet bun about 99% of the time beacause I am still trying to get the hang of rollersetting on my own

After I cowash I ususally leave in most of the conditioner or just add more after I get out of the shower. I then seal with almond oil, avacado oil, or a serum.

I do protein treatments as needed w/ either Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee 2 Minute

...And I believe I just made BSL. I washed my hair this morning and I while it was wet it reached to my brastrap. I can't wait to straighten it!
:woot::woot:

So this is a hardwater shampoo?? Does Silk Elements provide slip?

Evazhair

I haven't straightened my hair in a while but i'm guessing i'm still waist length. (I had a bad experience with some hair color) i don't use relaxers. I usually wash my hair 2 times a week and co wash another days. When i'm not being lazy i like to straighten every other week. I deep condition whenever i straighten.

Your hair& color is very pretty. I wish I could color my hair without wrecking it!

CHECKMATE!

How much I wash or cowash a week varies from phase to phase, usually depending on two things: How hectic my schedule is and how lazy I'm feeling. It's very rarely less than two times a week. I've currently "rededicated" myself to more frequent washing and am currently on an every other day schedule.

My products consist of shampoo bars and conditioners with an occasional dab of coconut oil (I have to use oil sparingly or it will make my hair dry and crunchy). I don't use styling products at all right now. I've been experimenting with washing my scalp and cowashing my hair. (I like a clean scalp.) I detangle in the shower with conditioner on my hair and leave some on when I'm finished.

If I'm not going to leave my hair loose to air dry, I will gently squeeze out the excess water with a t-shirt. Either way, I put my hair up in some fashion. Lately, I've been using my Ficcare a lot. If it's wet when I put it up, I'll let it down a couple hours before bed time so that it can air dry some, then I twist it to the side and sleep with it that way.

That's about it. My favorite conditioners for detangling are the cheapie V05 varieties. But I prefer whatever I leave in my hair to be a natural conditioner, if money allows. Currently, I like "Yes to Cucumbers". I use Chagrin Valley shampoo bars, but have other kinds of shampoo bars that I use depending on my goal as well. I prefer to stay away from cones, but I'm not afraid of them like I used to be. :)

I use henna about once a month. Don't trim or use heat other than a bonnet dryer when I use henna or when I need to speed up drying my hair when I band it. I don't trim my hair and I only use a seamless comb and/or a denman for detangling purposes, not for styling.

Where are the shampoo bars sold? do they contain sulfates? R u using Henna mixed in a conditioner?

Evazhair

Just went there:yep:...quick question...which cond do you find moisturizes and gives the most slip?

all the ones I listed give me really good slip(that is a must for me choosing dcs), I have to say Kenra moisturizes the most, but 11 en 1 and Nacidit are close seconds.Tigi moisture maniac also. I recently found the Loreal Hydragloss( deep penetrating) conditioner which is good for slip too.I have used The Alter Ego (as a leave in) makes the comb just slip through. Salerm 21B5 does the same for me. I use either lightly and spritz my hair with distilled water.

and how oftern do you use the Ion hardwater poo? weekly, diluted and usually mixed with porosity control shampoo. It's supposed to be gentle enough to use daily.
does it make the hair hard?I have never experienced hard hair with the Ion shampoo, which is really good for me given my past history with poos:yep: I always prepoo with oil or conditioner so I believe that makes a difference as well.

clarity2008

So this is a hardwater shampoo?? Does Silk Elements provide slip?

Yes, I believe that ORS Creamy Aloe is a chelating poo that removes mineral deposits and such. I love how it makes my hair feel and I seem to be able to keep my hair more moisturized when I wash with this regularly.

The Silk Elements DC is great adn gives wonderful slip! It melts tangles and makes my hair super soft and bouncy!

CHECKMATE!

Yes, I believe that ORS Creamy Aloe is a chelating poo that removes mineral deposits and such. I love how it makes my hair feel and I seem to be able to keep my hair more moisturized when I wash with this regularly.

The Silk Elements DC is great adn gives wonderful slip! It melts tangles and makes my hair super soft and bouncy!

How often do you use this?

KLomax

Every 2 weeks I henna for 1-2 hrs/ then indigo for at least 2 hrs( if oressed for time I'll mix together) ......then I rinse in the shower ...followed by

weekly routine

CW- 8 oz Suave Humecto w/ 1 T baking soda

Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (2 -5 minutes ) protein

Joico Intense Hydrator mixed with L'Oreal Natures Therapy/Mega Repair (ceramides).... ..at least 1 hr

Rollerset- NTM silk touch leave in/with dime size amt of L'Anza Healing Trauma Treatment(ceramides) ... and spray w/ 1/2 lottabody & 1/2 water as needed

I ponytail rollerset with & w/o heat