HAIR TYPE 3b/c BSL and beyond...

CHECKMATE!

Every 2 weeks I henna for 1-2 hrs/ then indigo for at least 2 hrs( if oressed for time I'll mix together) ......then I rinse in the shower ...followed by

weekly routine

CW- 8 oz Suave Humecto w/ 1 T baking soda

Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (2 -5 minutes ) protein

Joico Intense Hydrator mixed with L'Oreal Natures Therapy/Mega Repair (ceramides).... ..at least 1 hr

Rollerset- NTM silk touch leave in/with dime size amt of L'Anza Healing Trauma Treatment(ceramides) ... and spray w/ 1/2 lottabody & 1/2 water as needed

I ponytail rollerset with & w/o heat

Is the Joico Intense hydrator super moisturizing? where can i buy these products? btw,your hair is beautiful :)

BiRacialBarbie

I used to be BSL :rolleyes:..When i went for a cut on nov 1st, the chic cut off almost 2 inches!! i wanted to DIE.:wallbash: Now im less than an inch from BSL, havent checked recently.

Neways, i dont use relaxers..I dont even think my mom knew what a relaxer was. :lachen:

flat ironing: pantene relax and natural oil cream mosturizer on dry hair, then flat iron. I use black & sassy silky smooth oil sheen(not an aerosol sheen) for that extra shine when touching up.

wearing my hair natural(curly): shampoo x3 a week (my hair gets oily if i dont), co wash daily, DC x 2 a week (for DC i use the one in the packet, it says OLIVE OIL on it. U know which one im talking about!!)

I use sunsilk for curls(the green bottle) to shampoo and i co wash daily with the conditioner. I use v05 conditioners for combing/detangling. When i style my hair curly, i always put ALOT of the v05 in it. I go through a whole bottle a week!! i seal the v05 with pantene relaxed and natural oil cream or pink oil lite. I put a little gel over it to keep my curls from swelling up, just a normal clear gel. I also use a diffuser on the warm setting.

:look: excuse the face.. LOL.:lachen: This is just a good close up of the texture and curl i get when i use the products mentioned above.

If im trying to get my hair to look really big and wild, and more 3c like, i just put the v05 in it and skip the oils. the result.. my hair growing to extreme volumes! :drunk:

I really try to do the whole less is more thing..I havent flat ironed since Nov 2008. :yep: Since im in the air force, i wet bun/style mon-fri. (donut buns, twist and roll buns, french rolls) On the weekends if im going out, i usually wear it down as demo'd in the pictures above. I always rub coconut oil on my ends, and put a satin bonnet over my head before sleeping. I just recently started 2 strand twisting my hair, and to touch it up i dampen the ends and put a little conditioner on them, (for a curl) and finger style the rest. I dont have any pictures of that yet but when i do i will be glad to share.

Well thats it.. i know its not much.. but thats my reggie :yawn:

CHECKMATE!

I used to be BSL :rolleyes:..When i went for a cut on nov 1st, the chic cut off almost 2 inches!! i wanted to DIE.:wallbash: Now im less than an inch from BSL, havent checked recently.

Neways, i dont use relaxers..I dont even think my mom knew what a relaxer was. :lachen:

flat ironing: pantene relax and natural oil cream mosturizer on dry hair, then flat iron. I use black & sassy silky smooth oil sheen(not an aerosol sheen) for that extra shine when touching up.

wearing my hair natural(curly): shampoo x3 a week (my hair gets oily if i dont), co wash daily, DC x 2 a week (for DC i use the one in the packet, it says OLIVE OIL on it. U know which one im talking about!!)

I use sunsilk for curls(the green bottle) to shampoo and i co wash daily with the conditioner. I use v05 conditioners for combing/detangling. When i style my hair curly, i always put ALOT of the v05 in it. I go through a whole bottle a week!! i seal the v05 with pantene relaxed and natural oil cream or pink oil lite. I put a little gel over it to keep my curls from swelling up, just a normal clear gel. I also use a diffuser on the warm setting.

:look: excuse the face.. LOL.:lachen: This is just a good close up of the texture and curl i get when i use the products mentioned above.

If im trying to get my hair to look really big and wild, and more 3c like, i just put the v05 in it and skip the oils. the result.. my hair growing to extreme volumes! :drunk:

I really try to do the whole less is more thing..I havent flat ironed since Nov 2008. :yep: Since im in the air force, i wet bun/style mon-fri. (donut buns, twist and roll buns, french rolls) On the weekends if im going out, i usually wear it down as demo'd in the pictures above. I always rub coconut oil on my ends, and put a satin bonnet over my head before sleeping. I just recently started 2 strand twisting my hair, and to touch it up i dampen the ends and put a little conditioner on them, (for a curl) and finger style the rest. I dont have any pictures of that yet but when i do i will be glad to share.

Well thats it.. i know its not much.. but thats my reggie :yawn:

sorry to hear this happened to you:nono:...it's probably back at BSL,go and get the measuring tape:look::grin:..Does the Pantene make your hair heavy/greasy?

BiRacialBarbie

nope its always really light on my hair, which has a fine texture. when i flat iron i put a decent amt in there too.. when i wear it curly i put just enough to coat it.

BillsBackerz67

I have 3c hair with a type 4 texture if that makes any sense :look:

For almost 2 months now I have been rollersetting. I wash with Biolage Ultra Hydrating shampoo, Deep condition with Silk Elements Olive Oil conditioner mixed with Lustra Silk Shea Butter Cholesterol. Lacio Lacio and Water as a leave in and then set my hair on Mesh rollers. Sit under the dryer for 1.5 hours. Use Hot hair brush or flat iron to further straighten it out. For shine I use a very small amount of Clairol Vitapointe generally every 2-3 days. I usually do all of this every 7-10 days....and if Im really lazy I'll stretch it to 2 weeks.

My bad yall Im not BSL...I just realized the rest of the thread title :ahwell:

Last edited:

joyandfaith

For almost 2 months now I have been rollersetting. I wash with Biolage Ultra Hydrating shampoo, Deep condition with Silk Elements Olive Oil conditioner mixed with Lustra Silk Shea Butter Cholesterol. Lacio Lacio and Water as a leave in and then set my hair on Mesh rollers. Sit under the dryer for 1.5 hours. Use Hot hair brush or flat iron to further straighten it out. For shine I use a very small amount of Clairol Vitapointe generally every 2-3 days. I usually do all of this every 7-10 days....and if Im really lazy I'll stretch it to 2 weeks.

Makes perfect sense to me, because this is what I think I have.

CHECKMATE!

Do you mean you hair is full/thick? Help me to understand...Does the Silk Elements/Lustra Silk have cones?...my bad for making this thread for BSL...should have opened it up to ALL my 3b/c sisters,regardless of length...come on in yall:yep:

BillsBackerz67

Do you mean you hair is full/thick? Help me to understand...Does the Silk Elements/Lustra Silk have cones?...my bad for making this thread for BSL...should have opened it up to ALL my 3b/c sisters,regardless of length...come on in yall:yep:

Not necessarily full or thick (my hair is) but for instance a lot of people think that type 3 hair is automatically silky, fine, with frizz free curl....but it aint. My hair is very cottony but my curls are bigger than the 4a category. Hence the reason why someone made up 3c.

Lustrasilk does not have cones but I am not sure if the Silk elements Olive Oil conditioner does. I finished the bottle last week and havent had a chance to purchase more.

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
...members, what is your regimen?
--wash, air dry 80%, straighten and LEAVE IT ALONE...although i have HIH days

Which relaxer do you use?

--none

what products are you using?

--WGO, jamaican black castor oil, hair creme(cant remember name i will pdate later)

Shampos? Conditioners?

--sunsilk in the green bottle.... never have i been able to comb my hair so easily as with this stuff. it is REALLY Nice

Leave Ins?

Protein treatments?

--aphogee

CHECKMATE!

Not necessarily full or thick (my hair is) but for instance a lot of people think that type 3 hair is automatically silky, fine, with frizz free curl....but it aint. My hair is very cottony but my curls are bigger than the 4a category. Hence the reason why someone made up 3c.

Lustrasilk does not have cones but I am not sure if the Silk elements Olive Oil conditioner does. I finished the bottle last week and havent had a chance to purchase more.

Indeed it isnt:yep:...my hair is super frizzy and me and humidity don't agree:nono:...my hair will go from straight to wavy/curly and I have a relaxer:ohwell:...but I'm glad it does not contain cones,will try it soon thanks:grin:

CHECKMATE!

...members, what is your regimen?
--wash, air dry 80%, straighten and LEAVE IT ALONE...although i have HIH days

Which relaxer do you use?

--none

what products are you using?

--WGO, jamaican black castor oil, hair creme(cant remember name i will pdate later)

Shampos? Conditioners?

--sunsilk in the green bottle.... never have i been able to comb my hair so easily as with this stuff. it is REALLY Nice

Leave Ins?

Protein treatments?

--aphogee

Oh yeah?!?! gotta' get me some of that as well:look:...I know there is a Spanish version "SEDAL" have you tried it?

Cleve_gryl

I have 3b/c relaxed hair, but it still curls up when wet...

I wash and DC once a week in the winter, usually with Aveda or Redken products. Rollerset with leave in and water. I use NTM Silk Touch as my daily moisturizer sealed with a drop or two of jojoba oil. After about 4 days, my hair gets greasy so I cowash with a cheapie con (HE LTR or TJ Nourish Spa), put some whipped shea/oils in and airdry loose overnight (or use a diffuser) for a textured bun or updo.

I stretch my relaxer about 16 weeks and use ORS normal. I also really like their Creamy Aloe poo to cheleate every couple weeks.

carib_n_curly

makes sense that's my hair. it's very highly textured my older sister is 3B but her hair isn't very textured.

i'm still APL 3b/c very highly textured super thick hair:yep:
i've only just learned what works for my hair.

am i the only person with hair that is very easily heat damaged what's a good heat protectant cause last time i flat ironed i damaged a few strands at the front of my hair.
maybe i should get a new flat iron. any 3b/c naturals out there that flat iron and they get NO heat damage. what temp do you flat iron on
cause the first time i got heat damage through no fault of my own my curls were burned straight all the way down to the root in certain areas of my head. what heat protectant do you use?
i don't really use heat but i like my coils and curls

Patricia

Hey I'm not BSL but almost. I have 3b/3c hair and relaxed. I wore it natural for 15 years and deceided to do something different 1 year ago. Anyway the relaxer I use is precise no lye and just tried Just for me no lye mild for the first time. I like the results with both. My products are in my siggy and my hair leans toward protein products. Patience you have beautiful hair! I'm in the process of getting my hair back to health and haven't used heat in a while. When I air dry my hair its still has a curl. I guess I'm not bone straight.

CHECKMATE!

I have 3b/c relaxed hair, but it still curls up when wet...

I wash and DC once a week in the winter, usually with Aveda or Redken products. Rollerset with leave in and water. I use NTM Silk Touch as my daily moisturizer sealed with a drop or two of jojoba oil. After about 4 days, my hair gets greasy so I cowash with a cheapie con (HE LTR or TJ Nourish Spa), put some whipped shea/oils in and airdry loose overnight (or use a diffuser) for a textured bun or updo.

I stretch my relaxer about 16 weeks and use ORS normal. I also really like their Creamy Aloe poo to cheleate every couple weeks.

Mine does as well:yep:...Does this have cones?pls say no:look:

CHECKMATE!

Hey I'm not BSL but almost. I have 3b/3c hair and relaxed. I wore it natural for 15 years and deceided to do something different 1 year ago. Anyway the relaxer I use is precise no lye and just tried Just for me no lye mild for the first time. I like the results with both. My products are in my siggy and my hair leans toward protein products. Patience you have beautiful hair! I'm in the process of getting my hair back to health and haven't used heat in a while. When I air dry my hair its still has a curl. I guess I'm not bone straight.

Which protein do you use the most? Thank you for the compliment:grin:...My hair does this too especially after i cowash:yep:

Patricia

Which protein do you use the most? Thank you for the compliment:grin:...My hair does this too especially after i cowash:yep:
mane and tail mixed with optimum reconstructor and a little porosity control. leave it on for 1-2hrs. keep my hair strong and moisturized. turned it around for the better

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
Oh yeah?!?! gotta' get me some of that as well:look:...I know there is a Spanish version "SEDAL" have you tried it?

no, i havent. only the sunsilk. i only ever tried it because i found it in one of those "gift packs" with the poo and con, hairspray and leave in for like 7 bucks. have loves it since :)