Hate to start another hair typing thread, but....

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
What's my hair type? This is a pic of my hair with no product, after a good wash! But my hair is so unusual to me and I haven't seen it's "type" anywhere on the boards really...

So what is it? Right now, I'm claiming 3 different types 3c/4a/4b....:spinning:

Attachments

• LHCF.jpg
    LHCF.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 240
  • LHCF 2.jpg
    LHCF 2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 215
  • LHCF 3.jpg
    LHCF 3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 217

Charz

Sinister Minister
I would maybe say 3c, but do you use heat in your hair? It may look more loose because that.

classychic1908

Hmmm... I think maybe 3B/3C, I'm trying to imagine what it will look like as it grows. Remember, your curl size can vary and still be within the range of one "type". I don't see three different types from the pics.

Last edited:

lovely_locks

Your hair looks like mine! I say 3c/4b. Its like we have these spirals curls, with a mix of curly fry curls, and then we have hair that has no curl, or barely a curl. Does your hair have alot of shrinkage? I have some shrink, but for the most part what you see is what I have.

ms.blue

I think you're 3c/4a/4b mix all over but that might change when you use different products or when your hair grows longer.

classychic1908

Your hair looks like mine! I say 3c/4b. Its like we have these spirals curls, with a mix of curly fry curls, and then we have hair that has no curl, or barely a curl. Does your hair have alot of shrinkage? I have some shrink, but for the most part what you see is what I have.

I think you may be taking a loose wave or loose curl for 4B, when in fact, 4B hair is very tightly coiled and shrinks 50% or more. I think that curl pattern is more likely 3B or 3A ... who knows it could even be 2C.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
No, I just washed with SheaMoisture Poo and blotted my hair with a microfiber towel...I didn't want to do anything that would affect me getting my hair typed correctly...

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I think you're 3c/4a/4b mix all over but that might change when you use different products or when your hair grows longer.

See, this is what I was thinking too....my curls vary in size and there really is a patch of hair up front and in back that has absolutely no curl pattern whatsoever...

My hair can appear to be 4b at times but it can look different when I do a wash and go or even when I use a creamy vs. spritz type leave in...

Arian

Loc'ing Up!

Yes, it does shrink quite a bit! I have yet to figure out how to stretch it some...

lovely_locks

I think you may be taking a loose wave or loose curl for 4B, when in fact, 4B hair is very tightly coiled and shrinks 50% or more. I think that curl pattern is more likely 3B or 3A ... who knows it could even be 2C.

OH OKAY! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. And being so nice about it :)

theeREALmccoy

whatever the type is, it looks thick and pretty! I know everybody on here always says that you should take the pics with unmanipulated hair to see your texture, but some parts of my hair won't curl up w/o conditioner. so how bout a pic w/ some product? just for fun! :grin:

10WordzOrLess

I agree with TRMcY up there^, because I dunno know what the consensus will be.

Looked at the first pic and said...Oh wow, cool.

Then looked at the second pic and said...wait...What?! That's MY fro! Awesome!

And then the 3rd pic depicts your description (4321abc) perfectly LOL.

As confusing as your hair might be to "type" OP, it's so thick and LOVELY, and I'm subscribing for more pics!

Ms. Martina

:detective: I'm going to say it looks like type 3 wiry hair. Maybe even some type two. I would imagine that it would look less wiry and more defined with product. I don't think there is any type 4 hair there. But then again, what do I know...:lachen:

I'm still trying to figure out my own type. I think I'm narrowing it down. I have loose hair at the crown like yours as well...hmmm

MilkChocolateOne

:detective: I'm going to say it looks like type 3 wiry hair. Maybe even some type two. I would imagine that it would look less wiry and more defined with product. I don't think there is any type 4 hair there. But then again, what do I know...:lachen:

I'm still trying to figure out my own type. I think I'm narrowing it down. I have loose hair at the crown like yours as well...hmmm

She does not have type 2 hair. An example of someone with type 2 hair is Chilli from TLC.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Thanks everyone!

:blush: at the thick and lovely comments! Hmmm, I am planning to cowash tonight so I will take some photos after putting some conditioner in my hair....

Thanks ladies!

Lynnerie

Can you take some pics with product? I still see type 3 but would like to see some product pics because certain hair types respond differently with products.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

when u chopped.... is it possibly some texlaxed ends left?

where's nonie?:drunk: can u type with product????

my hair curls significantly with conditioner

i'd pick 3c/4a/4b (i had tons of straight ends.... i think it looked a little 3cish.... i gradually trimmed them all over 4-5) mnths
seems like the looser curl is on the ends, not in sections tho

PRETTY HAIR LADY!!!!!!:yep:

Last edited:

SimJam

when u chopped.... is it possibly some texlaxed ends left?

where's nonie?:drunk: can u type with product????

my hair curls significantly with conditioner

i'd pick 3c/4a/4b
seems like the looser curl is on the ends, not in sections tho

PRETTY HAIR LADY!!!!!!:yep:

as far as I know typing shud be done on naked hair ie no product

L.Brown1114

thats how my hair is!!!

some places have little to know curl patterm but its not nappy if that makes sense. I claim 3c/4a but what do i know :lol:

Last edited:

FRESHstart101

your hair looks like mines ! I've finally found a perfect match :), but as for the hair typing idk, im still confused on my hair. I'm 4a in the very front with looser hair in the middle & back that id think would qualify as 3c or 3b. I just need a better camera ! gah, i need to get A's on my final so my parents will buy me one lol

L.Brown1114

your hair looks like mines ! I've finally found a perfect match :), but as for the hair typing idk, im still confused on my hair. I'm 4a in the very front with looser hair in the middle & back that id think would qualify as 3c or 3b. I just need a better camera ! gah, i need to get A's on my final so my parents will buy me one lol

i honestly think we are 3c/4a who has VERY frizzy hair. one time when i dyed it my curl pattern showed A LOT and thats when the 3c/4a came out. to stop frizziness i rinsed with cold water and DID NOT towel dry, only air dryed. and certain products help and i stretch my hair by braiding it while its wet and letting it airdry, not tight thought cuz you dont want a braid out