Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
My first setback guys! Its bittersweet! I knew cutting random knots out at work throughout the year would cause thinning. Sigh.. first time for everything. ;)

Aireen

I'm barely noticing any thinning, except at maybe the very ends which is common, pre_medicalrulz. Are you sure you're not being hard on yourself? In 6-8 months time, your hair will have filled in.

melahnee

the last pic i took today, i had a bun on top of my head too so you can't see all of my hair. wish i had better retention though. I have no clue how to make this smaller :ohwell:

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

I'm barely noticing any thinning, except at maybe the very ends which is common, pre_medicalrulz. Are you sure you're not being hard on yourself? In 6-8 months time, your hair will have filled in.

Its weird. I've never seen it look thin since my journey so I think something is off.

pre_medicalrulz

It's really not that thin, looks good to me, like your hair grew out in layers, just call it lead hairs and keep on growing.

Lol @ lead hairs. I dont recall ever having those. Lol

ManiiSweetheart

*Reposting from the random hair thread*

Crying tears of joy because the Indian store I go to had 500g bags of nupur 9 blend henna for $5! So I got 2 bags of that, 450g of karishma henna for $7 and 300g of indigo for $7 ...and yesterday I got 5 bottles of tresemme naturals the original formula because I recently found it to be my HG detangling condish...I wonder how it'll do with henna *runs to make a batch for tonight*.. here's what the haul looks like

Currently sitting with henna and indigo in my hair. i'll probably rinse at 10 and dc overnight. i'm also hoping to keep my regi the same or similar during the semester since majority of my classes are over by 10 am

ETA: i'm not sure if it i figured out my HG henna mix in the same week i found my HG condish or if the tub dunk rinse method is the da bomb but WOW it only took 15-20 minutes to rinse completely...

Last edited:

ManiiSweetheart

After seeing that video of the girl with knee length hair I think I want between tailbone and classic then i'd just trim regularly until all my strands caught up and maintain.

melahnee

For everyone with good retention: how many splits/damaged hairs do you have? Do you s&d/ cut all the splits you have?
I really hate splits and damaged hair now so every time I see a split, i definitely find some scissors and cut it or I don't feel right :nono: but is this a good thing? Should I just leave em alone every once in a while?

Lol..before april, I hadn't recieved a trim in like a year...now I can't stop lol

Lucia

For everyone with good retention: how many splits/damaged hairs do you have? Do you s&d/ cut all the splits you have?
I really hate splits and damaged hair now so every time I see a split, i definitely find some scissors and cut it or I don't feel right :nono: but is this a good thing? Should I just leave em alone every once in a while?

Lol..before april, I hadn't recieved a trim in like a year...now I can't stop lol

Anyone bored and want to write about their hair cutting methods tips etc. ...I'm all ears :yep:

melahnee

I do S&D when I feel or see too many ssk's I don't let it get to the point that I'm pulling out healthy hair when detangling cause of SSKs. I really don't have many splits, it takes months of daily styling for me to see splits then it's only minimal compared to the amount of hair I have. I think it's because I PS all the time, rarely use heat, rarely straighten, and I use cassia or henna sometimes, helps thicken and fortify hair strands. I have to really do something damaging to get alot of splits and I don't routinely do damaging hairstyles on my hair, always detangle when my hairs wet, damp, oiled, or conditioned up so that I don't damage it.

I dust when I need to, using the new to full moon days, dust is 1/4 inch or less off the ends. When I do actually trim to even things up something I won't do until I'm 2 inches passed goal I use Feye's trim method, which you can do a self blunt, U shaped, or V shaped cut. Look them up I linked the U shaped cut below HTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc

Last edited:

melahnee

@melahnee

I do S&D when I feel or see too many ssk's I don't let it get to the point that I'm pulling out healthy hair when detangling cause of SSKs. I really don't have many splits, it takes months of daily styling for me to see splits then it's only minimal compared to the amount of hair I have. I think it's because I PS all the time, rarely use heat, rarely straighten, and I use cassia or henna sometimes, helps thicken and fortify hair strands. I have to really do something damaging to get alot of splits and I don't routinely do damaging hairstyles on my hair, always detangle when my hairs wet, damp, oiled, or conditioned up so that I don't damage it.

I dust when I need to, using the new to full moon days, dust is 1/4 inch or less off the ends. When I do actually trim to even things up something I won't do until I'm 2 inches passed goal I use Feye's trim method, which you can do a self blunt, U shaped, or V shaped cut. Look them up I linked the U shaped cut below HTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc

Lucia you always come through and write me the big novel of questions I had!:lol::sneakyhug:

I have used heat 3 times so far this year, all in the last four months :ohwell: no more though. I don't think my hair will all be the same length even when it's supa long either:lol:

ManiiSweetheart

I usually just trim 1/4 inch in sections and call it a day but the last time i decided to try and s&d.... never again too much work and time LOL. I think i have a normal amount of split ends that are only on the ends so i don't mind them really. i'm just glad i don't have mid shaft splits.

ckisland

I'm sorry for being so late, but
pre_medicalrulz , you hair looks so fabulous :gorgeous:. You said that your ends are thinner than usual, and it seems "off". Have you not been sticking to your reggie like you know you should be? I think your ends look good, but I'm not staring at your hair all day (. . . though I really wouldn't mind doing that for you :look: ), so you know your hair better than any of us. If you've fallen off with you regimen, then you know what you need to do. But for the love of hair, leave the scissors alone!!!! :lol:

pre_medicalrulz

I'm sorry for being so late, but
pre_medicalrulz , you hair looks so fabulous :gorgeous:. You said that your ends are thinner than usual, and it seems "off". Have you not been sticking to your reggie like you know you should be? I think your ends look good, but I'm not staring at your hair all day (. . . though I really wouldn't mind doing that for you :look: ), so you know your hair better than any of us. If you've fallen off with you regimen, then you know what you need to do. But for the love of hair, leave the scissors alone!!!! :lol:

Lololoo thank you. I know I haven't been a good mommy to my hair over the past few months. Im not even shock that my ends looked that way. Lol

Aireen

Did a protein treatment yesterday and I slept with AOHR in my hair overnight. I'll wash it out today and see how my hair feels then try to do a S&D to clean up my ends and get rid of any damage from this summer.

I plan to go back to trying to use ceramides, I feel like I want to take my hair to the next level beyond this moisture/protein thing. Also, ceramides help protect against breakage. I have a ton of conditioners and I think a lot of them probably do not contain any ceramides or ceramide-rich oils. Going to buy some grapeseed oil and I'll incorporate it in my routine somehow.

Last edited: