~~TBL 2012 Challenge~~

Mz.MoMo5235

Has anyone else experienced headaches at the longer length? My hair is near TBL again and the headaches have started back up again. I'm think this may be my max length. :ohwell:

I would get headaches if my bun wasn't in just the right spot once I got to a certain length

FoxxyLocs

I didn't take pics bc I'm in the HYH challenge. I think the lack of body is because of the oil left in my hair from my DC. It's just stiff instead of being silky and flowy. It's straight enough. I put it in a ponytail and it looks ok, but I know it could look better. When I got it done at the salon it was so pretty. I want those results at home :(

So I straightened my hair again a week later (I know) and this time I used my Silk dreams shea what conditioner instead of AO. I also used Sabino MB and set my iron to 390-400 instead of 375. I finally got the results I was looking for :) And the MB kept my hair from reverting when it got damp from the rain.

I plan to wear my hair straight more often this winter, but I won't keep using the flat iron. I'm just happy to know I can do it. I think my next style will be a blow dry + flexi rod set.

Dee Raven

I now use two buns of smaller braids. Helps to distribute the weight. I am brushing Classic.

Thanks, ladies. I'm going to play with the placement. I have noticed that when I just leave my wet hair down to dry it's fine. It's when I try to bun my wet hair that I have a problem. All these tricks of the trades you learn on this forum are great

Last edited:

Dee Raven

Hey! Any news, ladies? I don't really have anything except that I've been wanting to straighten my hair and trim. I'm getting bored with my twists. But I signed up for the 2 in 2 challenge, and I'm trying to hold out until late December. We'll see.

Foxxylocs, I know you said you were planning to wear your straight more often this winter. What kinds of styles do you do with your straight hair. Do you mainly wear it out straight or do you bun it?

spellinto

I am so late to this and I'm not sure if I posted in here before :look:

Will there be a TBL 2013? I am currently HL.

FoxxyLocs

Hey! Any news, ladies? I don't really have anything except that I've been wanting to straighten my hair and trim. I'm getting bored with my twists. But I signed up for the 2 in 2 challenge, and I'm trying to hold out until late December. We'll see.

Foxxylocs, I know you said you were planning to wear your straight more often this winter. What kinds of styles do you do with your straight hair. Do you mainly wear it out straight or do you bun it?

I've been wearing bantu knot outs and flexi rod sets - out styles, but it keeps my ends from rubbing against my clothes. When I flat iron I usually wear it down if I'm doing something special, and bun when I'm at home or just out running errands.

I learned how to do my flexi rod sets without blow drying first. If I want a sleeker look, I will flat iron the roots on low heat.

I need to dust. I'm thinking about doing another set of mini braids.

Last edited:

Vintagecoilylocks

I have not seen one started yet so you could get one going if you like. I am layered between hip and classic now. I do have a goal of my top layer hitting lower TBL in 2013 fall equinox. :yep:

FoxxyLocs

I'm not starting a challenge for next year, so if you want to do it, feel free. I don't think I'm joining anymore length challenges.

Dee Raven

So I'm claiming TBL. For reals this time. :grin: If you recall I had like 5 strands hit it before. See pic 1. I straightened today and I'm back. I gave myself a little trim (my ends were actually in good shape), which you can see in the pre and post pics.

Attachments

• april update pre cut.jpg
    april update pre cut.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 147
  • nov update pre cut.jpg
    nov update pre cut.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 149
  • pulled pre nov.jpg
    pulled pre nov.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 139
  • nov update post cut.jpg
    nov update post cut.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 109
  • pulled post nov.jpg
    pulled post nov.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 103

Vintagecoilylocks

So I'm claiming TBL. For reals this time. :grin: If you recall I had like 5 strands hit it before. See pic 1. I straightened today and I'm back. I gave myself a little trim (my ends were actually in good shape), which you can see in the pre and post pics.

VERY nice, The sides really grew in. It looks Fab:spinning: Keep it growing.

Vintagecoilylocks

Since I already started the next TBL 3013 this is my last post on this thread. I am happy to report that my middle rear layer that was at the top of my tailbone(BCL) the beginning of this year is now 4 inches lower at the bottom of TBL (mid cheek) I can graduate that to a journey to Classic I still have the canopy which finally made it to BCL and the front sides that seemed stalled at hip. The lower layer is just at Classic. I always get a thought to maintain and play catch up but maybe anothr time. For now I will just let it grow. No photo's till I get back home to my camera and ask my daughter to shot some pictures. :wavey: So hope to see some of you ladies in the 2013 TBL and the Classic thread.

baladi0822

Dee Raven Congratulations!! I'm claiming TBL too. I straightened my hair before Thanksgiving and have some length check pictures below. My ends were pretty smooth but they were looking a little choppy (first picture) so I trimmed about two inches (second picture). By the end of the week I was so tired of the boring straight look, I pin curled my hair for some volume (second picture). I'm going to continue on to Classic Length, and that will be IT for me.

photo(1).JPG

CIMG0006b.jpg

P.S. I really need to figure out how to make these pictures post bigger

Last edited:

Vintagecoilylocks

Dee Raven Congratulations!! I'm claiming TBL too. I straightened my hair before Thanksgiving and have some length check pictures below. My ends were pretty smooth but they were looking a little choppy (first picture) so I trimmed about two inches (second picture). By the end of the week I was so tired of the boring straight look, I pin curled my hair for some volume (second picture). I'm going to continue on to Classic Length, and that will be IT for me.

View attachment 179553

View attachment 179555

Oh how beautiful. Now move on over to the Classic 2013.:yep: What do youuse to post the photo's. I copy and paste from photobucket and they can be a really nice size.

Dee Raven

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=20067"]Dee Raven[/URL] Congratulations!! I'm claiming TBL too. I straightened my hair before Thanksgiving and have some length check pictures below. My ends were pretty smooth but they were looking a little choppy (first picture) so I trimmed about two inches (second picture). By the end of the week I was so tired of the boring straight look, I pin curled my hair for some volume (second picture). I'm going to continue on to Classic Length, and that will be IT for me.

View attachment 179553

View attachment 179555

baladi0822 Thanks and your hair is amazing. I love, love, love your U shape. It's so pretty!

FoxxyLocs

Congrats on reaching TBL ladies!

I've been wearing twists in a bun for the past couple of weeks. Plan on keeping them for another week or so. By then my new dryer should be here and I can try it out with a rollerset.