Hits & Misses December 2014

Pennefeather

Miss: Aphogee keratin and green tea restructorer. It took me a while to determine that this was causing my hair to break - too much protein from using it once a week

PJaye

See, that's why I'm leery of buying things I can't find on the ground. I used to love ReVé Essentials and then they just up and quit. My feelings are still hurt from that.

I know what you mean. I still haven't recovered from the reformulation of Elasta QP's Creme Conditioning Shampoo. It blew a hole in my routine, and nothing comes close to matching the efficacy of the old formula.

Desert Skye

Miss: Le Kair Cholesterol Plus

My hair is having none of it. It left my hair hard. Lucky it was only 1.98 at Walmart. I will mix is with other conditioners. My hair seems to like Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol (the green one) better.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Revisited hit: Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer

I don't know why I stopped using this. I have a jar that I've been trying to use up by the end of the year so I've been applying it to my hair after dampening with water and Oyin juices and berries, sealing with grapeseed oil and putting my hair in chunky twists. Then I put a little more elasta qp on the ends, spray more juices and berries then seal with Oyin sugar berries pomade. My hair is buttery soft and moisturized. Now I don't want to finish the jar lol. This just might find it's way on the staples list.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hit: Oyin Hair Dew & APB Leave In Conditioner

Both are great for keeping my hair moisturized under wigs.

myronnie

Hit:
Obia Curl Hydration Spray
Love this for spritzing my hair when it's loose. It makes my hair shiny soft and moisturized. My hair loves glycerin though (I am in FL). I'm so glad I got two bottles!

CodeRed

Hit: Getting closer to perfecting my relaxer application :)

Miss: Using Biolage Kertindose Shampoo. I've only used it a few times and I noticed that it was causing more hair to come out/break off... I stopped using it last week. I went through the relaxer process yesterday and why did I lose almost the same amount of hair during the WHOLE relaxer process as I did using that stupid shampoo? The hair catcher had almost the same amount of hair in it from my relaxer as it did when I shampooed/conditioned... Staying away from that stuff. It's worse than a chemical.

gorgeoushair

I know what you mean. I still haven't recovered from the reformulation of Elasta QP's Creme Conditioning Shampoo. It blew a hole in my routine, and nothing comes close to matching the efficacy of the old formula.

Is it still not good? It still get raves on here.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
Hit:
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Hydrating Conditioner as a cowash. I am 22 weeks post (longest stretch over) and combing my new growth in the shower is a breeze. And hair loss is significantly less than when I am 15-16 weeks. Love this stuff!!

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Hit & Miss: OGX Quenched Sea Mineral Moisture Moisture Surge Deep Treatment

Today was my first time using this to dc and I love/hate it. My hair was easy to detangle even though it wasn't dripping wet. It was extremely moisturized and soft when I washed it out. The only problem is the smell. It smells like a cheap "island breeze" air freshener. I normally use the SM raw shea butter masque but decided to try this because I had it in a bag of unused products. I like it but I'll need to mix it with oils or a better smelling conditioner to finish the tube. The moisturizing capabilities make it a definite hit but the smell makes it a miss. Not sure if I'll repurchase.

fatimablush

PJaye

"Original" 4oz Jar $8.00 =
Coconut Oil, Aloe Butter, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Castor Bean Oil, Soybean Oil, Nettles, Horsetail, Rosemary, Peppermint, Marshmallow, Chamomile, ProVitamin B5, Vitamin E, Lavender Essential Oil

2nd Reformulation 8oz Jar $13.00 = Hemp Butter, Avocado Butter, Cocoa Butter, Castor Bean Oil, Avocado Oil, Ivy Extract, Orchid Extract, Green Tea Extract, Avena Oat Extract, Bamboo Extract, Jojoba Oil, Nettles, Horsetail, Rosemary, Peppermint, Comfrey, Slippery Elm, Marshmallow, Pumpkin Seed, Sea Buckthorn, Provitamin B5, Vitamin E, Grapefruit Extract, EO's.

Now a 3rd Reformulation and back to a 4oz Jar for $8.00.

I really,really hate when they change the recipe/formula.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Misses
Hairveda Whipped Clouds
Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair

Great ingredients, but too thick for my lopo hair

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
So far Keracare Humecto is treating me good. I'm getting my hair straightened today so we shall see if it passes the real test.

Pennefeather

ronie -Your comments are the first on here that I am reading where someone else said it did nothing for their hair. Every other comment made it seem like the second coming of conditioners! As I slathered this mess on, I felt like a fool thinking maybe after I rinse I'll feel the softness. Then as the water got cold, I kept thinking any minute now it'll kick in. Nada. A fool! I even wondered if it was a fake since I didn't get it from the original supplier. It was the WORST conditioner I had EVER used. Even 99cent store no name cheapie do something more than this. Hoodwinked!

I hope that I have better results with the sitrinillah than you have Holla and ronie. My first jar arrived this week, and I'm going to try it for the first time tomorrow.

Last edited:

ronie

It works for a lot of people. So chances are you will get great results with it. Good luck.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
New & Continued Hits:
Mission:Condition's HempAde (Pomade)
Mission:Condition's Honey Marshmallow DC'er
Komaza Scalp Butter (Original Formula)
Herbs Matter Rosemary Hair Crème (Grease)
MHC ButterySoy