Hits & Misses: December 2016

Smiley79

I finally got around to trying my sample of Naturelle Grow's Sweet Greens conditioner. I applied the conditioner on dry hair and put a plastic cap on for 20 minutes. After rinsing it off I absolutely fell in love with it. My hair felt like butter and smelled so fresh. This is a conditioner I can use for quick morning wash/conditioning session (especially after working out). I long for the day that Naturelle Grow becomes available in stores. :heart3:

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Hit: The smell of The Ancient Egyptian Collection from TMC.

Hit: Curls and TMC packaging, :yep:

Hit: Hair clips from TMC they have the same polymer coating on them as my Hercules Sagemann clips, which makes them seamless. I'll be buying some more the next time they have a sale.

Hit: Jakeala customer service. I appreciate Kay reaching out to get clarification on my notes memo while processing my order.

Miss: USPS sending my TMC package on a tour of the DMV area when I live west of the Mississippi

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
While I didn't write a review, I must say I'm slowly moving towards a two favorite product line set up. It's been between The Mane Choice and Ouidad.

Hits:
The Mane Choice Hydration line
Ouidad Melt Down
Ouidad Ultra Cleansing Oil
The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian collection
The Mane Choice Tropical spray and cream

Undecided:
The Mane Choice 3 in 1 - probably my least favorite due to the scent, which is pretty awful. Also, while my hair liked it as a leave in, I disliked the fact that it actually started to suds up the next day when I dampened my hair for styling.

Xcel Surge spray - Just I was I ready to write it off, I noticed just a few more hairs in my crown area. Perhaps I just needed more than the 21 days they advertise.

Chromia

Hit: Hair clips from TMC they have the same polymer coating on them as my Hercules Sagemann clips, which makes them seamless. I'll be buying some more the next time they have a sale.

Hit: Jakeala customer service. I appreciate Kay reaching out to get clarification on my notes memo while processing my order.

Miss: USPS sending my TMC package on a tour of the DMV area when I live west of the Mississippi
Oh I didn't know that Hercules Sagemann makes clips! I love my HS comb so I'll keep them and TMC in mind next time I buy clips.

Hit
Jakeala Flaxseed Hair Gel for twist outs. This leaves my hair with the right amount of softness, definition and volume.

Miss
Qhemet Biologics Aethiopika Hydrate & Twist Butter for twist outs. This has been a recurring miss for a few months but I wanted to keep trying.

Miss/Hit
Sally's Salon Care Butterfly Clamps. My hair keeps getting stuck in the coil spring. But I will say that they're durable and they have lasted a lot longer than other clips that I've used.

AgeinATL

I noticed that about the clips when I got mine. They are VERY well made and smooth. If I had known, I would have ordered more. They were a great price at 50% off.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Huge Hit::2inlove:
Inashi Naturals! What can I say?
Shipping was so, so fast
Product Presentation has High End Appeal
Product Arrangement - Definite Eye Candy
Packaging very Professional Boxing and Contents

If anyone else purchased from there BF/CM and has received their products, lemme know your thoughts.:love2:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
New hit:
Orange blossom water :yep:

Continued relatively new hits:

Macadamia nourish and repair masque

Redken extreme rebulider for no more than 10 mins

Redken antisnap LI

Staple hits:

Aphogee 2min I use this now almost exclusively as a pre-poo, overnight on dry hair

Using an acidfing rinse post shampoo before protein, and as a final rinse.

Keracare humecto. Love. I cannot even remember the last time I used ORS Replenishing

DCing only with bodyheat. I figure it keeps my already porous hair relatively closed. Low and slow DC has always been the best jam.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit
Soultanicals Pumpkin Coconut Curly grail styling cocktail. Great shine and definition. Lightweight. Used a tiny amount. Hair isnt that hard with the coconut/aloe. A firm hold.

Miss
Hair is slightly damp still at the roots. I wont fluff until its completely dry.

Attachments

• IMG_20161204_5326.jpg
    IMG_20161204_5326.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 52

Aggie

A HIT I sadly have to part with:

Hydroquench Systems Greaseless Moisture - I'm currently using almost the last of it. This really sucks that I have to say goodbye to such a great moisturizer because the maker of it has such a horrible business sense :sad:

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit

Finding a satin bonnet ive had at last 2 years in a sample pack Soultanical sent.

APB leave in conditiiner sealed with Shescentit Cranberry cocktail on dry hair. My dry hair feels moist wet.

Miss

Soultancials Pumpkin Coconut curly grail cocktail styler. Second day hair was just as dry as can be.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
@MileHighDiva @Saludable84

This was an experiment, I've been using rosewater for a few months now so I was like hmmm...why not try other floral waters?

I find it hydrating similar to rosewater. I used it to keep my hair wet during a rollerset and it worked well.

Im also using it as a face mist. I liked the results so I plan to keep using it to see if its better than the rose. Definitely prefer the smell, very fresh and citrusy

Smiley79

HIT
Komaza Care Protein Strengthener- I feel like I have a new head of hair. I will be using this every 2 weeks and then eventually once a month. I had this bottle sitting in my stash for some months now; so glad I revisited it.

The LCO Method
- My hair is retaining moisture a little bit better lately.

Naturally Smitten moisture spray- This is a great refresher spray or leave-in. I do not like the struggle pump, but it's not a deal breaker against the product itself. I would repurchase this spray.

Daina

HIT
Komaza Care Protein Strengthener- I feel like I have a new head of hair. I will be using this every 2 weeks and then eventually once a month. I had this bottle sitting in my stash for some months now; so glad I revisited it.

The LCO Method
- My hair is retaining moisture a little bit better lately.

Naturally Smitten moisture spray- This is a great refresher spray or leave-in. I do not like the struggle pump, but it's not a deal breaker against the product itself. I would repurchase this spray.

@Smiley79, Komaza protein strengthener is HG status for me! I will never have less than 5 bottles at all times. Also I too retain moisture better with LCO and adding a butter takes it to a whole other level so I LCOB now.