Hits & Misses December 2014

Rozlewis

Mega Hits:
Marie Dean Aloe and Hemp Conditioner PROLESS - This stuff is the truth.
Air drying 10 week old hair was a hit.
Komazacare having a year-end sale.
The moisturized and strong feeling I get right after a Henna treatment.
Shopping my stash and finding some great products.

Pennefeather

On the fence: I tried the sitrinillah this morning under my dryer for 40 minutes.
Pros: It does a nice job moisturizing. I found the smell to be pleasant, but faint. Nice and thick
Cons: There was very little slip. Once you get used to that from Naturell Grow's conditioner, it's hard to go back.

I'll keep using it and see if there is any change in the future, but I need slip or I'll end up pulling my hair out - I'm not very patient.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
On the fence: I tried the sitrinillah this morning under my dryer for 40 minutes. Pros: It does a nice job moisturizing. I found the smell to be pleasant, but faint. Nice and thick Cons: There was very little slip. Once you get used to that from Naturell Grow's conditioner, it's hard to go back. I'll keep using it and see if there is any change in the future, but I need slip or I'll end up pulling my hair out - I'm not very patient.

I am a Long time user of Strinillah...

IMHO....

Slip is not what this condish provides. It replenishes the hair and keeps it healthy and moisturized from the inside out....but it is not known for slip.

I find that using it as a deep conditioning prepoo followed by a mild shampoo and slippery rinse out condish or leave in condish works best for me. I also find it works the same with or without heat.

CodeRed

On the fence: Yes To Carrots conditioner for co-washing. It may be too heavy for my hair... I used it as a rinse out last night for my light protein/oil/aloe vera gel deep conditioning steam and it didn't seem to co-wash anything out... my hair is very heavy (greasy) now and I didn't have this problem with other rinse out conditioners... I'll try it by itself tomorrow and see how it does.

Daernyris

Hit: Sarenzo peppermint and tea tree clay wash
My hair felt wonderful after using this, squeaky clean but not stripped(hope that makes sense).

Babygrowth

The HIT of my life!!!!!

Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment: this is still in my hair but when I applied it I knew it would be awesome. Soft and slippy on contact, I can't wait until my hair is dry. I will never buy Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk again and I may even kick Darcy's deep mask to the curb. I've been sleeping on a lot of products apparently so Jessicurl is going to get my money next month for sure. I can't wait to try her other conditioners.

oneastrocurlie

Hit:
Bobeam Cocoa Cream Condish - Much like her Stimulate Condish it is moisturizing but didn't leave my hair mushy and defines my curls. Smells good too.

Miss:
Oyin Boing - I don't like how it beads up and it's doesn't do anything spectacular

NaturallyATLPCH

Mega Hits:
Marie Dean Aloe and Hemp Conditioner PROLESS - This stuff is the truth.
Air drying 10 week old hair was a hit.
Komazacare having a year-end sale.
The moisturized and strong feeling I get right after a Henna treatment.
Shopping my stash and finding some great products.

Rozlewis, Darn it. I still have that Aloe and Hemp in my Etsy cart. Didn't purchase because she ticked me off with those measley sales. But in the world of a PJ, who knows what could eventually happen. :look:

The HIT of my life!!!!!

Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment: this is still in my hair but when I applied it I knew it would be awesome. Soft and slippy on contact, I can't wait until my hair is dry. I will never buy Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk again and I may even kick Darcy's deep mask to the curb. I've been sleeping on a lot of products apparently so Jessicurl is going to get my money next month for sure. I can't wait to try her other conditioners.

Babygrowth, Girl, I keep Jessicurl in my stash. It's one of the only things I've consistently used in 3 years. It works great as a leave in, styler, AND moisturizer.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Continued hit :

Shescentit cranberry cocktail, this slip, moisture and softness is just amazing. Second use and I'm blown away again.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
New hit: Redken hair cleansing cream. Love this stuff already. I've never used a cheating shampoo on my hair but I decided to see how this would affect my hair. It has a light citrus scent that I love. I used it tonight and left it on for a little over 10 minutes. There was a crazy amount of suds, I think it's because I used quite a bit of it, next time I know better. My hair was squeaky clean but not overly dry, it was light, fluffy and shiny, the roots were matted but that was my fault because I was extra lazy with the application. My hair really looked and felt like it had a layer of "stuff" removed. I plan on using this every 6-8 weeks for mineral and product buildup.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
New hit: Redken hair cleansing cream. Love this stuff already. I've never used a cheating shampoo on my hair but I decided to see how this would affect my hair. It has a light citrus scent that I love. I used it tonight and left it on for a little over 10 minutes. There was a crazy amount of suds, I think it's because I used quite a bit of it, next time I know better. My hair was squeaky clean but not overly dry, it was light, fluffy and shiny, the roots were matted but that was my fault because I was extra lazy with the application. My hair really looked and felt like it had a layer of "stuff" removed. I plan on using this every 6-8 weeks for mineral and product buildup.

This stuff is beyond excellent.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

It's the only clarifier / chelator that I use nowadays. Love it! KinksAndInk It never strips and always cleanses well.

oneastrocurlie

Hit:
Eva Nyc Therapy Hair Mask - I love how this conditioner is thick but has a good amount of slip. Smells good. Can get it on the ground. Hair was soft yet not mushy (if you can't tell I don't like mushy hair lol). Curls were defined. Winner all around.

Continued Hit:
Oiling scalp while DC'ing - No more mid week flaky scalp. I've been using APB Green Tea Aloe and Silk Oil to do this weekly.

CodeRed

Hit:
Eva Nyc Therapy Hair Mask - I love how this conditioner is thick but has a good amount of slip. Smells good. Can get it on the ground. Hair was soft yet not mushy (if you can't tell I don't like mushy hair lol). Curls were defined. Winner all around.

Continued Hit:
Oiling scalp while DC'ing - No more mid week flaky scalp. I've been using APB Green Tea Aloe and Silk Oil to do this weekly.

oneastrocurlie

Glad you like it :yep:

Nylund

Hits:

Annabelle's Perfect Blend carrot cake hair cream
- I've been avoiding this cream since I purchased it in March because of the strong scent, but I love how soft it leaves my hair. Will repurchase.

Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappucino
- I've had this since October 2013 and just started using it a week ago. No longer has a scent, but works wonderfully as a sealant. Very soft, smooth hair.

Dermorganic Daily Hydrating Conditioner
- Allows me to detangle my hair very easily in the shower

Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner
- I've only used this as a rinse-out conditioner or co-wash and I love it both ways. Very soft, easily detangled hair. The smell is kinda tart (guess it's the honey), but thankfully doesn't linger after my leave-in is applied.

Country Life Maxi Hair capsules/ bamboo silica
- My hair grew about 3/4 of an inch after taking both pretty consistently for only one month. I'm a slow grower (1/4-1/3 of an inch per month), so hopefully the increased growth continues with the supplements

Beany

Hit: Natural Oasis jojoba and honey balm.
Nice sealer, nice for scalp massages, and I use it on my body.

nrock

Hit: Oyin Hair Dew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss: only getting one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered 2 of the 16 oz. hair dew and 1 of the Greg juice, thanks again!:grin:

Last edited:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Hit: BoBeam customer service. She ships products ASAP. And she refunded me a buck and some change for shipping. I've heard of this happening to others, but i have never been refunded any shipping difference. I know some vendors out there owe me some coins!:nono2:

CodeRed

On the fence: Yes To Carrots conditioner for co-washing. It may be too heavy for my hair... I used it as a rinse out last night for my light protein/oil/aloe vera gel deep conditioning steam and it didn't seem to co-wash anything out... my hair is very heavy (greasy) now and I didn't have this problem with other rinse out conditioners... I'll try it by itself tomorrow and see how it does.

It worked fine as a co-wash conditioner tonight. It even lathered slightly. My hair is soft... but not as shiny as with other conditioners. Maybe there's still some residue from all that other stuff I put on it before... On January 1/2 I'll be shampooing to start the new year and will start co-washing after to see how this does.

Barbara

Princess
Hit: Softee Mango Butter Daily Hair Dress

Continued hits: Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Body Oil (I use it on my hair), ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion, Dax Pomade (green formula), Softee Indian Hemp pomade, Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil pomade with mink oil, Africa's Best Herbal hair oil and Africa's Best Super Gro pomade. :yay:

All these products are reasonably price, and they "do the job." :rocker:

I've made them my permanent staples.

Last edited:

Beany

It worked fine as a co-wash conditioner tonight. It even lathered slightly. My hair is soft... but not as shiny as with other conditioners. Maybe there's still some residue from all that other stuff I put on it before... On January 1/2 I'll be shampooing to start the new year and will start co-washing after to see how this does.

Yes to carrots is a forever hit for me. :lick:

I LOVE yes to carrots condish. I don't use it as a cowash though because I don't really cowash my hair (I get buildup very quickly). I use it a base for my DCs. I usually add YAM or a combination of honey and oils and it always works. It's a staple for me, I literally have 8 bottles in my stash.

It was difficult for me to find a conditioner that didn't have cones, protein, glycerin, aloe, coconut oil, shea, parabens, or formaldehyde (or any of the "nicknames" for it). It's reasonably priced AND I can get it on the ground. Like, it just don't get no better (well, if it was black owned it would be better :grin:).