How did you stumble across LHCF?

Same here. I was searching for how to grow long hair, and was lead to BHM first. Then someone mentioned LHCF. I came over here, liked the personalities much more and stayed.

I lurk on BHM from time to time, though.

I L-O-V-E the personalities here at LHCF also. You guy are so loving and supportive...!!! :yep::yep::yep::yep:

google search. i wasnt actually searching black hair though. not sure how i found it exactly but im glad i did. :)

I was looking up sites about black hair...Came across BHM and a few others, as well as this site. I checked it out and paid for membership within a week. It has been almost 3 years and I have never looked back!

Googling how to grow out a relaxer. I searched it once and found some woman's blog that wasn't completely about hair, but she had one entry about hair. Then a few days later, I googled again and found this.

I saw this girl on YouTube named "YasJenCon" and she was using the Caruso steam roller... I was so amazed I started googling the Caruso Steam Roller and Pocahontas' thread came up about how she loves it and that was what got me hooked, I was @ work lurking and I wanted to know more more MORE!!! So, the next day, I brought my debit card in, and signed up... it will be a year for me next month!

Uh-Oh... I guess that means I gotta pay again huh???:look:

I was in Turnergirl's fotki and she had an album documenting her journey in the "LHCF Bootcamp".

So, I said "self we need to find out what that is, because her hair is banging!":yep: I have yet to partake in a bootcamp, but my hair has definitely improved. This place is ahhh-mazing!

My friend told me yesterday that she couldn't believe how much it had grown. She asked me what I had been doing and like a fool I started to tell her about retention and lo-mani.

Ya'll she was NOT trying to hear me :lachen:I get so excited sometimes I forget how people are about hair. Well, reach one teach one...or not. :wallbash:

Length-wise, my hair was made a lot of progress growing out from a short cut- it was SL and thick. Then, I allowed a shear happy heifer of a stylist cut my hair back to NL. I was so angry, but always trying to find ways of growing my hair long. Then I heard a radio commericial advertising Cathy Howses book. I read her book, but I still had a TRILLION questions that were left unanswered. I started a rigorous search in the internet and I landed here. I have been singing the praises of this site ever since.

I was a member of Nappturality and someone mentioned that they thought this site was too Bougie (or something like that), so I came and checked it out. I haven't looked back since.:yep:

I had a Wave Nouveau and had started to get my hair pressed until it broke off all down the middle. I did a search for weaves because I had never had one and thought it would be a good way to grow my hair out (I had bc'd in the past and knew I didn't want short hair again). I found BHM and discovered how much I didn't know about how to take care of my own hair. I studied the ins and outs of weaving for a couple of months there and then someone mentioned LHCF.

I joined for free and lurked once or twice. But eventually BHM slowed right down and wasn't teaching me anymore and I realized that many of the more experienced ladies were spending more time over here. I do like the vibe here much more but still lurk and post at BHM on occasion.

i saw one of shamboosie's books at barnes and noble but didn't want to buy it off the rack and did a google search to find it cheaper and it led me to a thread on LHCF. i started lurking and ended up being the addicted paying member that i am today!!!

I am impressed by all of you and your memories because I just don't remember. I am online a lot researching for school and I think I just stumbled upon it accidentally. But I don't remember what I was researching or why...I just know I'm here now. :look: I enjoy being here,though.

i was googling how to take care of african american hair. and i may have typed in once how to grow AA hair long and i found some threads. after about 6 months i joiced.

I decided one night that I was tired of my hair ending up on my bathroom floor! I figured if I didn't do something, I'd have more hair on my floor than on my head. So one night I googled something along the lines of "how to grow black hair long" and I was led to several sites. I went to one site, but I didn't like the format. I came here and I was in awe. Everyone was so nice and helpful that I had to join. It is truly the best $6.50 I have ever spent.

Wow when I was doing my deep condition at 4am I was thinking of starting a thread like this and here it is. My story starts off with envy and twitter. A person I was following on twitter mentioned she loved a hair care line and her hair was so shiny I googled the line, the first thing to come up was LHCF. I read the reviews on the product and while I ultimately decided not to seek them out, I kept coming to LHCF while I was making hair decisions and realized I wanted to be a member as the posts i read were usually informative and polite.

I was on healthy texture and when they decide to start charging, everyone was talking about how much better this forum was at a cheaper cost.

I was fed up with my fried, thin breaking hair, so I decided to fix it...by searching for weave! I found the BHM weave forum and lurked for a month, then I started looking at lace front section, I got really confused after a while and was like bump this I'm gonna grow my own hair for cheaper. I made my way to thier hair growth section and that's where I started taking care of my hair. There were mentions of LHCF and I came here time to time, but it seemed confusing and fast paced compared to BHM.

Then I came here and started lurking for a long time to get a feel for this board, the product reviews, and haven't left since.

Option #3!

After my Major, Traumatic, Castastropic Salon Mishap that cost me 90% of my Hair, a Friend of Mine that started a HHJ, and was transitioning was trying to talk me "off the ledge" and she suggested this site. I've been here ever since.:perplexed

Thanks Ladies.:grin:

I was online purchasing the Instyler and they had a YouTube video of a girl with long beautiful hair. Her name was Shima. She had the most gorgeous hair. I visited her website and looked at her products, but I didn't buy any of her oils because I am a bit of a skeptic. I did however purchase her online book (which was a waste of my $).:nono:

I decided to google her name and LHCF popped up. And the rest, as they say, is history. I've been hooked on LHCF ever since! :love2:

Wow when I was doing my deep condition at 4am I was thinking of starting a thread like this and here it is. My story starts off with envy and twitter. A person I was following on twitter mentioned she loved a hair care line and her hair was so shiny I googled the line, the first thing to come up was LHCF. I read the reviews on the product and while I ultimately decided not to seek them out, I kept coming to LHCF while I was making hair decisions and realized I wanted to be a member as the posts i read were usually informative and polite.

Great minds think alike.... :yep::rolleyes:

I used to always go to Cathy Howse's website then one day i got to googling and found LHCF and I never left :D

Everytime I googled a hair product or info on black hair care this site was the first to pop up I joined but the site was confusing at first to navigate through and I was a little pissed they wanted money so I kind of strayed but I decided I'd better go ahead and cough up the cash if I wanted my questions answered, so here I am learning something everyday. The only thing is I want to run out and buy every product that gets raved about and do every treatment thats mentioned. But I love it though. Hopefully a year from now I will have hair like some of these pics I see. Beautiful!!

Last edited:
It seems like alot of ladies found BHM first and then heard of LHCF and crossed over. That's exactly what I did.
LHCF is just a step ahead of BHM IMO.

In Dec 08 I did a google search on how to help grow strong black hair, and I came across this forum. I was devouring the info all night! I found a great regimen and it worked...I've been lurking ever since. I've even decided to go natural. I haven't had a relaxer since Dec 28th of 08. I decided to pay my subscription this week so that I could ask questions...LOL!

Back