How often do you wear your hair down?

mochamadness

Going the Distance
About 98% of the time. The only way I'll wear my hair up is in the summer when it's too hot on my neck and it's too frizzy to hold a style.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
sylver2 said:
I wore my hair out everyday even while I was growing it from a Halle berry pixie cut. Just keep your ends Oiled/moisturized.

I grew my hair out from a short layered cut like this as well. I knew nothing of a protective style. As long as you are keeping your ends moisturized and oiled, and tying your hair up w/ a scarf at night, it shouldn't be a problem.

Candy_C

every day..at HOEM. when i'm out its either two strand twisted or bunned. i HAVE to wear my hair down at home otherwise i'd feel boyish..just me

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Lately I have been wearing roller/rod sets. I would say I have worn my hair out the past 6 weeks. I'm just so sick of buns. Hopefully, there will be no setbacks.

LaFaraona

planodiva said:
LADIES,

Why do so many of you feel unattractive wearing your hair up. I look really good with my hair up and feel that my bun is the most classic look. So chic and now a days that is why I prefer it.

I probably wear my hair down for two days after I go to the stylist which is every month (slow on the cash flow) nowadays. But every since 2004, yeah I'm kinda noid about wearing my hair down. Somedays I realize I'm kinda overboard but hey everyone has their neurosis

I agree 100% with you on the bold parts. I wear my hair out during the weekends

LovelyLionessa

I wear my hair down most of the time. Maybe 1-2x a week I wear it in a bun or ponytail, if just to mix things up a bit, and especially if I'm not entirely satisfied with the way my hair looks that day.

blackbarbie

This summer since it's so hot, I haven't really been minding wearing it up in a cute bun (hair is "super" slicked back with sylver's scarf method) and shampooing and conditioning once a week. I don't even comb it the entire week, just moisturize the ends of the bun nightly and bun it back up.

My goal is really to surprise myself (and others) when I relax again. As long as its down, I will be obsessing over length, but since it's up, I'm not constantly worried about "is it growing, etc...." Besides, it gets ultra dry with it being down during the summer....

blackbarbie

planodiva said:
LADIES,

Why do so many of you feel unattractive wearing your hair up. I look really good with my hair up and feel that my bun is the most classic look. So chic and now a days that is why I prefer it.

I probably wear my hair down for two days after I go to the stylist which is every month (slow on the cash flow) nowadays. But every since 2004, yeah I'm kinda noid about wearing my hair down. Somedays I realize I'm kinda overboard but hey everyone has their neurosis

As weird as it sounds, I think my hair pulled back and in my bun (with my big Jackie O. shades on) looks very "classic" as well. With my makeup looking flawless and cute earrings on and hair slicked back, you can't tell me a thing!:lol:

Leslie_C

Im transitioning so Ive been wiggin' n weavin' it....but when I was relaxed I HATED the way my hair looked up. I think its bc I have a really big head...I just really dont feel cute unless my hair is at least half down. My hair wasnt very thick when it was relaxed so my bun looked anorexic...I have noticed that with it almost fully natural now it looks much fuller pulled back so at least it does look like I have some hair.....when it was relaxed and pulled back I looked baldheaded even when it was past my shoulders. But honestly, I look much better with hair framing my face....guess thats what I get for having an alien head...lol.:lol:

cafe1

blackbarbie said:
As weird as it sounds, I think my hair pulled back and in my bun (with my big Jackie O. shades on) looks very "classic" as well. With my makeup looking flawless and cute earrings on and hair slicked back, you can't tell me a thing!:lol:

Hehehehe..me too! ;)

Sweet_Ambrosia

I dont wear my hair down too often.
It's in some type of protective style 90% of the time.
IA that buns are classic and will never go out of style, it's one of my favorite updos. ;)

Trini"T"

"How often do you wear your hair down?" I don't think my hair understands those words. I NEVER wear my hair down and haven't since November 2004:eek:. I started off wearing it up because I don't like short hair(on me) but since the hair boards, another reason why I wear it up is because it's at a critical length(shoulder length) right now and i don't want it rubbing on my clothes. In addition to this all this "long hair" talk I be giving everybody, I don't want to just wear my hair out after all this time and it's still short:lol:. I feel like people will be like, "Uhh...that's it?":lol: I do plan on wearing my hair down around Christmas time though:)

sylver2 said:
I wore my hair out everyday even while I was growing it from a Halle berry pixie cut. Just keep your ends Oiled/moisturized.

I completely with Sylver agree. I wear my hair out every single day. I have grown it from shoulderblade length to past my shoulders already in just 4 months. As soon as i get home I immediately wrap it back up. Other than that when its down i just make sure my ends are well moisturized.

3-4 times a week. When I do wear it down I do the following at night:
I moisturize my ends only with Elasta QP Mango Butter (last 2 inches of hair), Then use Dudley's PCA Moisturizer on from root the point where Mango Butter begins. Finish with Kera Care Essential Oils to seal moisture. Works well for me.