How often do you let your hair hang down?

I straighten and wear my hair down:

• Most of the time

Votes: 60 29.3%
  • Every other week

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Only a few times a year on special occasions

Votes: 80 39.0%
  • I don't ever straighten my hair

Votes: 12 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CenteredGirl

In follow-up to Naturgurl's thread on "how does it feel" to have long hair, I am wondering for those of you who have BSL length or beyond, how often you wear your hair down.

Thanks

bellebebe

I'm pretty sure I'm APL now.. lol. I' haven't straightened my hair since december. I only wear my hair down for special ocasions... lol. :grin:

SoforReal

In the Winter almost everyday and in the Summer maybe twice a week. I hate having my hair down when I'm sweaty and it's hot outside.

tthreat08

Well, normally only once I've gotten a trim or for special occasions. However, THIS week, it's been down everyday as I am having a good hair week! I LOVE my hair this week!

But yeah, I'm sure I'll be back in the bun real sooon.....sigh....beauty costs and requires sacrafice ya know?:

Last edited:

freshlikemoi

I never really wear my own hair down. If it is down its in a sewn-in, or I have a few tracks in my hair. :)look: <-- thats a no no) I know! But I do treat myself and let my hair hang, no sense in all this sacrifice if I can't wreap the benefits.

Empress Yahudah

I let my hair hang down whenever I want to. I am not growing my hair long just to hide it.
But when im loungin around the house I clip it up.

lala

More than I should, my hair gets stuck in everything :perplexed. I don't know how somebody like FlowerHair wears their hair down and not sustain injury :grin:.

Lucky's Mom

I have waited a while.
It's funny - I used to think "oh, I wanna flat Iron for this of that" but - now - I don't want to. It is totally wierd. Reluctantly - I did flat iron for my birthday in November - and it died that night in the night mist. I will be rollersetting tomorrow.

So that is 4 months. I don't think I will wear it straight again the end of the summer. We will see. No special occasions... Except hubby likes when I flat iron. So maybe September.

For Graduation - I am braiding it up!

CHECKMATE!

Lol...it just gets wayyyyyy too hot in NY in the summer. Especially underground in the subway...eck :sad:

aint that the truth:rolleyes:,summers in NY are brutal on my hair:nono:,so it stays up as well...I wear mine down 2-3 times a week (in the fall/winter) the 1st few days after a wash & set:yep:

Evazhair

about once a week, given it is not cold/windy. I wear it down more when it really starts to warm up in DC, but when it starts getting into our summers,I want it up most of the time.

CHECKMATE!

I have waited a while.
It's funny - I used to think "oh, I wanna flat Iron for this of that" but - now - I don't want to. It is totally wierd. Reluctantly - I did flat iron for my birthday in November - and it died that night in the night mist. I will be rollersetting tomorrow.

So that is 4 months. I don't think I will wear it straight again the end of the summer. We will see. No special occasions... Except hubby likes when I flat iron. So maybe September.

For Graduation - I am braiding it up!

funny...mine dies too in humidity...it must be that 3b/c thing I got going on:ohwell:

Qualitee

Not until I reach my hair goal this year (bsl) I will let my hair down but after a while I will bun it up again until I get mbl of wsl:yep:

cutenaynay

I have braids in now but I use to wear it down a lot before this forum. And when I felt any type of new growth I will flat iron it!! Their no protective styles for me like that except for some occasional braids here and there

OrangeMoon

Not often since joining LHCF...normally about 1 week after a relaxer(every three months) and then it's back to buns and braids because I workout almost everyday and sweat :perplexed in my head. :wallbash:

TLC1020

In the winter I rarely let my hair down, that's my time to moisturize and bun til I can't bun anymore. This spring I will be wearing my hair down a little bit more and in summer as well. For the most part I wear a bun seven days a week especially now since I'm trying to get to BSL.

wonderstar

Well I only let my hair hang if I'm wearing twists, plaits, twistouts or braidouts. When I flat iron my hair twice per year the most I don't wear it down.

cmesweet

I also only wear it down if I'm wearing twists, plaits, twistouts or braidouts, Twistouts and braidouts are rare for me to wear as well.

I have been natural for bout 4 years and have never straighte it.There is no plan in the future for me to do so either.