How often do you let your hair hang down?

I straighten and wear my hair down:

• Most of the time

Votes: 60 29.3%
  • Every other week

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Only a few times a year on special occasions

Votes: 80 39.0%
  • I don't ever straighten my hair

Votes: 12 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ladylibra

well i only straighten a few times in the fall/winter. BUT, i wear my natural hair out quite often. i suck at protective styling... :blush:

vangrey

I wear my hair down daily while in its natural state:drunk:
i straighten my hair every 4 weeks during the spring/summer and wear it down

Last edited:

laurend

I never straighten my hair -its natural and bra-strap length. I had a bad heat experience 10 years ago and I'm wary of it. However, I wear twist-outs all the time. I don't know if that qualifies for wearing your hair down.

kblc06

I only straighten with a flat iron 2-3 times a year. The rollerset/saran wrap work well enough when I want a sleek style w/out all of the extra work. I prefer to wear in down & curly though at least a week out of the month (not really counting banana combs :grin:)

Jynkx

just about never!
but, im trying to change that. i think i have worn it down 1 time in years.

youwillrise

well,

i straightened my hair yesterday for a length check
and to update one of my challenges

and i decided to wear it down today.

it's actually the first time i've worn my natural hair straight OUT...ever
and it's the first time i've worn my hair down in a few months
(i kept it in twists and clipped up...or in some other "hiding" style)

it's getting kind of puffy, though haha.

i'm going to re-twist when i get home.

prospurr4

I almost never wear my hair down during the week and about twice/month on weekends. However, I plan to increase that to about 2 times/week during warm/hot months because I don't have to worry about my hair getting damaged by heavy coats and turtleneck sweaters. My hairdos will include twistouts, spiral sets and straight styles with bumped ends. I'm getting excited just thinking about it!:grin:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Only when it's first relaxed, and that's about the first 2 to 3 weeks, when the NG kicks hard I only let it hang loose the first day of my rollersets.

MizAvalon

Not very often. I straightened it last week to check the length but it's right back up into the bun ever since.

I told myself that in '08 I was going to try and start enjoying my hair more but it's difficult when you exercise and cw every day.

LovelyZ

after i made BSL, i started wearing it down pretty much every day.i thought, "what's the point of having hair if its always in a bun?" i put it up as soon as i get home.

i'm thinking about bunning again though so i can reach MBL. but once i do, i'll definately wear it out everyday again

sylver2

wear it down every single day. When its hot.. its still out just in a braidout. doesnt bother me.

keeperathome

I usually straighten and wear it down every three months. I am semi natural and wearing it out without straightening is looking for a tangled matted mess oh... and the knots...:wallbash: ( I still have 40 to 50% relaxed ends...don't want to BC :nono:) So it is usually an up do or bun for me:yep:.

isawstars

Now that it's getting warm.... i only let it hang down once a week as a wash and go... flat iron maybe once a month (i've just gotten too lazy to do so). During the winter, i rarely let my hair down... winter clothes are suspect and the heat and cold air dry my hair out :( horray for spring!

Victorian

old head
It depends. I've become fond of ponytails lately. I might wear it out 2-3 times in a week, or not at all. I kind of just wear it out when the mood strikes. I'll probably wear it out more now that it is spring and I don't have a wool coat or sweater for my hair to rub on.

trendsetta25

I only wear my hair hang down when i relax which is 3 times a year. Other than that...my hair is hidden under a weave.

charmtreese

3 to 4 days after my relaxer touch ups (relax: 3 to 4 times a year) and then maybe 1 or 2 other times throughout the year.

Optimus_Prime

I rarely wear it down. I'm full-bsl/mbl, but it doesn't feel long to me yet. I expect to make WL this summer so I may wear it down a few times then - probably in braidouts.

Triniwegian

None so far this year...I just don't want to be bothered...
I'll wear it out and straighten when I reach APL...not a day sooner.

Every day but I put it up whenever I'm alone lol. I feel awkward with buns and ponies. Besides, I went from grades 1-9 with ONLY a pony every single day so the rest of my life can be pony free lol..

drappedup

Lately..... not really ever. 2 weekends ago was the first time I wore it down for half a day in over 2 months..... :(