Huetiful Curl Loosening Treatment+Atlanta Salon Open House

LongLeggedLife

Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING Treatment-$200
Our signature treatment starts off with an invigorating scalp massage, followed by a prescribed cleansing treatment based on your clarifying needs, the nanoSMOOTHING treatment application, steam therapy with the Professional Huetiful Hair Steamer, topped off with a smooth finish and trim.
Huetiful Curl Loosening Treatment-$85
Our curl loosening treatment is a gradual alternative to our signature nanoSMOOTHING treatment. Designed to gradually loosen and elongate your natural curl pattern. The curl loosening treatment starts off with a scalp massage, followed by a prescribed cleansing treatment based on your clarifying needs, the Huetiful strengthening treatment application, steam therapy with the Professional Huetiful Hair steamer and topped off with a smooth finish and trim.

http://www.huetifulsalon.com/
http://www.huetifulsalon.com/services.htm

Any info on either of these two services? They are kinda sketchy on the details of what the 'treatment' actually is....

Also, the new ATL salon is having an Open House tomorrow evening (10/3)
Here's the info on how to participate(thru meetup.com):
http://www.meetup.com/atlantanaturals/events/83683422/

JBunnie

Can someone post the location on here please?!

Curl loosening, no thanks. I do want to see the concept for the professional steamer though. Maybe it will have a deeper bowl :lol:

LongLeggedLife

Not sure I can make it so I havent signed up &idk the location, but you can probably google atl huetiful salon & get an address. Im gonna see if my friend wants to come with & we may go.
Just wondering if anybody else was...

JBunnie

Googled it, found the salon website and address for the salon.

Amsterdam WAlk Plaza
502B Amsterdam Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30306

I just might go to check it out. But Believe I'm not paying $200 for anyone to do anything to my hair.

And in my googling I saw a picture that might be the professional steamer.... bowl still looks shallow. Let me see if I can find it again.

JBunnie

I'm guessing the professional steamer is one of these

JBunnie

So I went, spent time typing my WHOLE experience and it got deleted when I tried to log back in to post it :wallbash: If anyone is interested in hearing about the experience I'll share

jamaica68

So I went, spent time typing my WHOLE experience and it got deleted when I tried to log back in to post it :wallbash: If anyone is interested in hearing about the experience I'll share

Please share when you get a chance, I'm curious.

JBunnie

Don't kill me ladies I'm going to finish sending some emails then head to the gym, when I get back I'm all you all's promise!

BraunSugar

I copied and pasted this from their brochure for the nanoSmoothing treatment:

How does the Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System work?

The Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System’s amino acid based formula temporary elongates the bonds of the hair. When proper heat is applied it creates a reaction that infuses essential hair proteins inside the hair and rebuilds the hair from the inside out.

Is the Huetiful Smoothing System a chemical?

No, the Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System is not a chemical. It is neither a relaxer nor keratin system. The Smoothing System does not use any harsh or permanent chemicals and does not break the disulfide bonds like a relaxer. Unlike many keratin systems, the Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System is certified Formaldehyde Free. Because the molecules are smaller than a keratin molecule, the Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System does not rely on harsh chemicals to facilitate the penetration of the smoothing treatment.

Does the Huetiful Smoothing System contain Formaldehyde?

No, the Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System does not contain Formaldehyde or any derivatives of Formaldehyde.

Is the Huetiful Smoothing System for relaxed or chemically straightened hair?

The Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System is perfectly suited to be used on previously relaxed hair that is transitioning to natural. It will eliminate frizz while restoring hair strength; making it silky and smooth.

Can I color my hair before or after using the Huetiful Smoothing System?

Semi, Demi or Permanent Color can be used before or after the use of the Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System. You should apply color at least one week prior to receiving the Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System or at least two weeks after receiving the treatment. It maybe necessary to formulate one to two shades darker when coloring before the use of the Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System, as the system may lift/lighten the color by one to two shades.

How long does it last?

The Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System can last up to 12 week, depending on hair type, texture and process of application.

After long term use is there a permanent effect?

There is no long-term effect because the Huetiful nanoSMOOTHING™ System does not break the hair bonds.

Hmm...

JBunnie

Ok, in short it was a small, intimate gathering, nothing extravagant.

In long.......

First the salon is within a suite. So there are multiple people renting out rooms in one building as opposed to multiple people renting chairs on an open floor. He said they have people that do nails and makeup as well in the building. So it's like a one stop shop for your beauty needs (didn't hear anything about waxing/threading and massages but those are just things that come to my mind) The whole suite has a contemporary feel to it (exposed brick walls, a lot of glass) Huetiful specially rents out two rooms which are connected by a glass door between them. The rooms aren't very big (I guess that's why they opted for 2 and the glass door helps it seem more open since you can still see into the other room even with the door closed) Again a very contemporary look, glass displays, dark/light contrast with the walls and the cabinets. They only have ONE chair. So when you book your appointment the salon is all yours. So if you don't like talking to your hair stylist this might be uncomfortable for you. I'm from the hood so the hustle and bustle of multiple people in a salon just seems right to me. The owner says you get to pick your radio station and have drinks while your hair gets done. He made the experience seem pretty cool, and exclusive, so I might want to try out sitting the the lap of pseudo luxury one day, LOL. They sell all their products in salon. Steamer, the shampoo, conditioner and hair hair masque. The nanoSmoothing system is on display with the merchandise but it is not for sale because it is by professional application only. What is for sale that is new is the after care products if you get the nanoSmoothing treatment, which I'll get into more later. The only thing I didn't ask about/check for in regards to the physical salon itself is if it has free wi-fi.

The founder/owner introduced himself and the purpose of the company to us. He let us know that he wanted to address the issues he hears women complain about with their hair. Constant dryness was one (hence the creation of the steamer). The concept of the salon was very new, I think he said the idea came about around 6 months ago. He wanted a place that focused on healthy hair. (this is why they do not cut hair or color hair at this point in time. They are trying to master the basics of helping women achieve healthy hair first). Everything he said seemed very genuine and admirable. He then started speaking on how many women complained about their hair not being very manageable. He mentioned that healthy hair is necessary for easier management but he understands that even with healthy hair some of us still have some difficulties, especially when it comes to changing up our style. Prior to the nanoSmoothing system Huetiful came up with their own product mixtures and mixed the products themselves, but the nanoSmoothing system was mixed by a chemist who works/worked at P&G (where the owner used to work as well). He explained the system to us, and please forgive me for not remembering all the details, but in short amino acids are infused into the hair to loosen the curl pattern while not changing the chemical bonds of the hair. He gave the example of a slinky, where the nanoSmoothing system is simply like using our hands to gently pull the slinky making the coils looser. While relaxing the hair is breaking the chemical bonds/or breaking the slinky and piecing them back together to be straight. With looser curls and healthy, moisturized hair going from your natural state, to straight to a twist out becomes easier. The system is supposed to last for around 8 weeks and can be prolonged by using the after care products sold in salon. The after care products have some ingredient (the name completely evades me) that preserves the stretch of the curl for some time, we were told max we can get out of the system with the us of the after care products is 12 weeks. (After the 12 weeks all of your hair goes back to how it was before the treatment. Your new growth isn't going to be any different than the hair that was treated) The same after care products are what is used for the $85 curl loosen treatment they offer. It's steamed in and offers a more gentle stretch than the nanoSmoothing system. The point of the system is the make your hair easier to manage by improving the health and loosen the curl pattern (if applicable because it can be used on straight hair as well with positive effects) He mentioned being able to straighten your hair at lower temperatures because of how the system infuses the hair with the amino acids and easier styling if you're twisting/knoting your hair. He mentioned that he is aware that many women are skeptical about products and services especially ones that loosen/straighten our curl pattern. He says he understands the skepticism and is well aware that some women are going to want to follow those women who used the system for months to see the progression of their hair and to see if it does any type of damage. He said he enlisted the help of women in the natural hair business to help with introducing women to the system and to get confidence built in it. I believe he mentioned CharJay the same hair blogger manter26, mentioned above. But whichever blogger he used as an example he says she got the system done and since he still hasn't seen her with her hair straight and her curls are still doing well. He also mentioned that Myleik, founder and CEO of CurlBox got it done as well (at this point I'm sure I audibly hissed and you could see and hear my eyes roll all the way into the back on my head) and he hair has been great. He says he used these women because not only do they have influence, but their career is hair and they know they can't afford to do/promote anything that damages their hair.

The steamer, well there are actually 2 steamers. One is a professional grade of the at home steamer (pictured second in my previous post), the only difference is there is a cool down feature. The last 3 minutes of the steaming session (I think he said 3) is a cool down session to seal the cuticle. The second steamer (pictured first in my previous post) is equipped with blue LED lights which clean and eliminate bacteria. Each service they offer includes a steam, and they decide which steamer to use based on your hair needs. He said they had a young woman who had a sew in the other day and she complained of itching, therefore they used the steamer with the LED lights to clean her scalp in addition to steaming the product in her hair.

All the services start out the same with a scalp massage then they decide what to use to cleanse your hair based on the product build, so yes a clarifying shampoo might be used if need be. Then depending on which service you're getting the product is applied, steamed, finish and trim if need be (trims are free) You can have your hair blown out, press, twisted, knotted and you can choose to go under the dryer or leave in your chosen protective style for you to take down later.

The one thing that really bothered me was the actual stylist was M.I.A. The owner knows the purpose, products and process very well but he is not a hair stylist. SO when we had ladies ask questions about how hair is straightened in the salon and how the models were styled for the photo shoot he couldn't answer, but he said when we got downstairs to the salon we would be able to ask the stylist about her styling techniques. We made it downstairs and she wasn't there so many of our styling questions didn't get answered. One was answered by a brand ambassador who happened to remember how one of the models got her hair styled for the photo shoot showcasing the results of the nanoSmoothing system. The owner was busy being the creative director of the shoot and did not see the process of the each girl got her hair styled.

In all it was an informative event. As far as the prices he admitted that their main goal is not to be economical. He mentioned that keratin treatments at salons are generally $250 and up and from my experience I GOOD wash, DC, style and trim starts around $60. So though it is not necessarily economical it is competitive. You also have to take into account that they are selling an experience as well with the private one on one session.

I think at some point I will treat myself to one of the $85 treatments. And in the meantime I will head over to CharJay's YouTube and watch her curls over time.

I hope this was helpful ladies!

LongLeggedLife

Thanks so much JBunnie-appreciate your thoroughness!
It sounds nice...like a facial for the hair. Ive never been under the steamer, sounds refreshing.
Thx again.

CoutureMe06

Sound interesting. I've never had a steam treatment before. I wonder if their loosening is really non chemical? And with no side effect. If so this may be a good alternative to bkt

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

JBunnie

No problem ladies!!!! I'm happy to be of help.

CoutureMe06, and LongLeggedLife, steam treatments are so bomb! First time I had one I was hooked and I decided that I was going to save up and buy a steamer of my own! They're super moisturizing but it can get a little intense. My salon always gives us a towel to blot while we're steaming. But it's totally worth it in my opinion!

CoutureMe06

I got a steam treatment for the first time 2 weeks ago. I'm hooked! My hair feels so much better. I'll probably order one from amazon soon. I've seen a review for the Seneca that looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF