I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Incognitus

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

A few questions please ladies:

Is everyone braiding in a circular pattern or do some just get cornrows going back?

For Du-rag wearers, how do you keep it on your head of you cut off the bottom? Or do you just cut the tail end and not the string?

What do you consider to be the most significant aspect of this method: The braiding (low-manipulation), the DCing,...or?

hair4romheaven

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

I'm not in this challenge however I do wear wigs.
Is everyone braiding in a circular pattern or do some just get cornrows going back?
I braid in corn row type styles but not going all back.
For Du-rag wearers, how do you keep it on your head of you cut off the bottom? Or do you just cut the tail end and not the string?
I cut the tail then use the string to tie it like a scarf.
What do you consider to be the most significant aspect of this method: The braiding (low-manipulation), the DCing,...or?
Everything since I don't plan on taking my braids out for 2 mnths.

cutiebe2

A few questions please ladies:

1. cut the bottom, leave the string

2. I think the combo of a protective style and leaving the condish in for optimum moisture is key

I braid straight back but next month I am going to 1.braid smaller braids 2. braid going horizontal in the back because I feel as if the collection of hair at the bottom makes my head look lumpy a bit

Incognitus

^^ cutiebe2 Does that mean you don't wash out the DC until your next wash (essentially making your DC your leave-in)?

ojemba

Do you plan to relax your hair on your regular schedule? What is avj? How are you plaiting your hair?

janeemat avj=aloe Vera juice. I make a spritz with that and lill glycerin and water. I'm currently on a 8 month challenge but I plan to return to this @ around 3 weeks post relaxer, when I do relax again. I'm plaiting my hair in box braids. Sometime I wear a wig sometime I wear it like this:

cutiebe2

^^ cutiebe2 Does that mean you don't wash out the DC until your next wash (essentially making your DC your leave-in)?
yes, look at the first page that the key to er method..she applies conditioner and then seals it (I seal with shea butter)

chocolat79

Incognitus, I just started this challenge, but to answer your questions:

I have them going back this time, but I'll be wearing them in a circular pattern next time. I don't like the collection in the back and I don't like my ends out like that, although they're tucked in

For Du-rag wearers, how do you keep it on your head of you cut off the bottom? Or do you just cut the tail end and not the string? I wear a silk scarf, no durag

What do you consider to be the most significant aspect of this method: The braiding (low-manipulation), the DCing,...or? For me, it's probably the low manipulation, but the DCing is definitely necessary

jturner7156

What kind of wigs is everyone wearing?

Incognitus

yes, look at the first page that the key to er method..she applies conditioner and then seals it (I seal with shea butter)

Yes, I read the first page. I wanted to clarify that it was a typical "wash-out" DC and not a leave-in product that was being left in.

@Incognitus, I just started this challenge, but to answer your questions:

I have them going back this time, but I'll be wearing them in a circular pattern next time. I don't like the collection in the back and I don't like my ends out like that, although they're tucked in

For Du-rag wearers, how do you keep it on your head of you cut off the bottom? Or do you just cut the tail end and not the string? I wear a silk scarf, no durag

What do you consider to be the most significant aspect of this method: The braiding (low-manipulation), the DCing,...or? For me, it's probably the low manipulation, but the DCing is definitely necessary

When you braid in a circular pattern, do you start at the center of your head or the outer perimeter of your head?

Geminigirl

Does anyone have a picture of what their cornrows look like undr their wig and maybe a pic with the wig on too? I was braiding straight back with my first wig but I don't like the braids in the back either. I am really sad cause I don't think I am going to be able to wear wigs. i have MODEL MODEL CARMEN and in the front it hurts. I am not even using the comb and i am paranoid about my edges hairline. i haven't cornrowed my hair yet cause I just gave up last night but I want to try circular or something flat. My twists are too jumbo. I don't like my wig so I put a hat on top of it. I am going to keep trying with this wig game.

Last edited:

Pierrot

:lurking:Just waiting for a reveal, any re-up for this challenge for 2012? I'd love to do w/a group.

SherylsTresses

:hiya: I hope it's not too late to join. I am truly living by this regimen. :yep::lick:

What is your PS of choice? 12 Medium sized twists
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Giovanni 50:50/EVOO overnight
What are you using to seal before braiding? Giovanni DLI/EVOO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Water
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? Midweek remove twists, cowash, moisturize then redo 12 twists What products? Giovanni DLI/EVOO

How often will you wash? Weekly
What method? Normal cowash/DC
What products? Cowash w/ Tresemme Naturlas; DC with Giovannio 50:50/EVOO
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? AO GPB
and how often? Every six weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? Keep my wig cap moisturized with EVOO; flat iron and curl human hair wigs for added styles

Last edited:

SherylsTresses

Will there be a 2012 challenge? If so, I would love to join. :yep::lick:

janeemat

@janeemat avj=aloe Vera juice. I make a spritz with that and lill glycerin and water. I'm currently on a 8 month challenge but I plan to return to this @ around 3 weeks post relaxer, when I do relax again. I'm plaiting my hair in box braids. Sometime I wear a wig sometime I wear it like this:

This style is cute on you!

Krystle~Hime

where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu AAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORBINS

Bumping for progress updates!

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
well I started this challenge in April. so I wont be revealing until April 2012. :( sucks, I know!!

this thread would pbly die by then but I'm going to keep going to make my 12 months. I will just bump this thread right back up. lol!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

Moca

Will there be a new challenge for 2012?? I sure hope so because this is the first time I have ever been consistent with maintaing any regimen :)...........

Krystle~Hime

pre_medicalrulz
I've searched in previous post and haven't find your starting questions, your progress is awesome, you seems to have retained at every 4 months, 2 inches :!!!

I only know your PS of choice is wig, but could you please share what u did this year since April ?
What DC did you use for the DMM, what did you use for sealing. how long did you keep your hair cornrowed? once a month or bi-monthly ?
do you take vits and/or topical growth aid ?

TIA

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!

Krystle~Hime

It's funny because so many people keep telling me that. It just seems like it's doing the average growth rate and retention to me. Thank you!

As far as your questions, no I do not take a topical growth aid. Not sure what that is though LOL. The only vitamins I take are those one a day Multi woman chewable vitamins but I honestly don't think it has any affect on the growth. Besides I only been taking them for 6 weeks. :)

Yup, I only been wearing wigs consistently since April when I did a nice 2 inch cut/trim. Before that I wasn't getting any retention at all. Under my wigs I have about 8 to 12 plaits. I leave them in for a month at a time. After a month I do a protein and deep moisture treatment. I do however wash more times after a fresh relaxer. I do it every week for a month after a fresh relaxer. My hair tends to need more protein after relaxers. But after that, my plaits stay in a month at a time until my next relaxer. That's it. Nothing special. Really, low, low regime.

Moisture and sealing, I guess I do it a lot more within 4 weeks of a fresh relaxer. After that, I do it once a week or whenever needed. I don't remove the plaits though, I just rub some oils down the plaits and a moisturizer on the ends only. It seems to work okay for me.

I truly truly believe with everything that I have tried throughout my journey that it's the protective styling 110% in wigs that is doing the retention for me.

Edit: I forgot to answer one question. I only use Nexxus products at the moment. So the shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, protein treatment are all Nexxus products except the moisturizer. It's Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter.

Last edited:

Krystle~Hime

pre_medicalrulz
thank you a lot !!! I will follow all of your advices :yawn: i'm so in a hurry to be to next summer !

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!

^I fell off this reggie shortly after I started, I couldn't find a wig that didn't make me look like an lil ole church lady,lol...

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•

I fell off too..

Hangs head in shame :cry4:

NikkiQ

I dropped out a while back. Couldn't find a reliable stylist to do my braids for me.

bride91501

Krystle~Hime -u r showing off today, huh? Calling everybody out! LOL

I have been a faithtful follower of this regimen for over 1 year now...it's been too easy not to be.

I work from home, so for the last few months I've been rocking more turbans than wigs (but still wigs on the weekends), but other than that- no changes for me.

I'll be flat ironing in a few days for NYE...I *promise* to update y'all with a year end length check. I'll be doing an official year end progress thread too :grin:

MrsHouston

I'm still wearing my wig just to lazy for updates pix, lol