If you weren't on this hair journey...?

SmileyNY

I went natural back in 2001 before it was popular & without a plan :lol: So.. I'd probably still be natural w/o a reggie.

Sent from my iPhone.

Ogoma

I decided to go natural before finding forums so I'll probably be natural with no edges because I loved my tight hair bands. I also would have never known about SSK, steaming, bagging, protein-sensitive, moisture overload or thought to do a deep treatment at home.

sunnieb

This:

Same length and everything. The pic is from May 2008 by the way......:look:

madamdot

BALD!!!! My hair was always OK at shoulder length and I liked it. I am not sure what led me to this board but thank God I was led here before I needed it. My health over the last few years would have turned my OK hair into non existent hair. I mean learning about S-Curl saved me when my hair was chip dry from illness. Not even the top of the line Aveda stuff that I loved help.

Oh and this site has helped me with soooooo many other things -non hair things - you wouldn't believe.

melisandre

My hair would be relaxed, thin, dry, breaking off, with see through ends. It'd probably be stuck at SL with no retention.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i would probably still be natural with no style.:lol:

i wasnt really tempted to try the chems and hair styles until after i got on the hair boards LOL

BEAUTYU2U

Relaxed, cutting my hair back to chin length to disguise the broken off neck length hair. Still coloring and using a hot curling iron each day. Shampoo, condition, grease weekly routine. Still receiving compliments :rolleyes: instead of "You like your hair like that?"

newnyer

I would either have my hair cut in a pixie (and probably dyed), relaxing every 5-6 weeks, and relying on a stylist to tell me what's up with my hair. 2nd option: CONSTANTLY weaved up.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

-PYT qchelle awww *blackgirlblush* - you are all so sweet, thank you! & Sorry about overly big siggy, I didnt realise until now, hashtag awkward! I'll sort it out evidently LOL :)

My hair would be 'long' (rolls eyes) at shoulder length, also dry and 'shedding' and not getting any longer although everyone would tell me it's growing. (double eye roll)

and also what's a black girl blush? :lachen: It has me rofl here :lachen: I'm gonna swaggerjack that from now on :lachen:

DaiseeDay

Relaxed and alternating between coloring it, cutting it, and growing it out. I became really restless with my relaxed hair.

Stormy

I would be going through the same cycle I always have since I've been a member of this board. Relaxed, but doing different retention methods to get to a nice NL or just about SL, then let my hair brush against my collar, stop the PSing (because now I think I have enough hair and hey it's not breaking), let my stylist start over processing it or making it bone straight so now it looks limp, then get bored and get it cut! I'd probably have a short Halle Berry cut right now, or some short cut in hopes of making my hair fuller.

NO MORE OF THAT! I'm natural now and loving my thickness, health, and versatility. :yep:

RegaLady

Rocking the heck out of a pixie cut. Some shedding, some overprocess due to a relaxer, but it wouldn't matter, because a good cut and a black rinse would make it allllright! lol!

Saga

The Generous Queen
Probably still wearing a ceasar and rocking wigs when i wanted something different. That, or have some jacked up shedding relaxed hair.

Vashti

My hair would be natural, neck length, ruff 'n tuff and broken off I'd be ready to shave it off again.

Inspiired

WOW I love to hear young people who got it together. Just think of all the time you saved yourself and the stress. I love your hair and glad you got it together.

Shadiyah - thank you SO much, I love your blog! I think I google friend connected you as soon as I saw it! :)

Inspiired

My hair would be 'long' (rolls eyes) at shoulder length, also dry and 'shedding' and not getting any longer although everyone would tell me it's growing. (double eye roll)

and also what's a black girl blush? :lachen: It has me rofl here :lachen: I'm gonna swaggerjack that from now on :lachen:

LOOOL I made it up! :lachen:

So everyone feel free to use *blackgirlblush* but quote me loooool

Last edited:

Marino

I really believe I should completely bald, at least on half my head. Probably weary a wigg, and crying every day :look::cry2: