If you weren't on this hair journey...?

Qtee

Relaxed..past SL however not quite APL...my hair has always been thick and around that length..

OR..I would be locked..

CurlsBazillion

I'd live in the salon and would constantly get a glued in quick weave with gel molded SL hair underneath. Not much has changed as far as length smh.

HighAspirations

It would still be hard and crunchy nape of the neck lenght and always in braids. I would still believe that whole "bad hair" theory and it would probably be dyed Rihanna red....thank god for my enlightenment period haha.

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
I'd be almost bald. Flashback to when I relaxed my hair while I had in glued in weave :blush: I had patches of hair missing! SMDH! I am soooo thankful to LHCF

Inspiired

I'm so grateful, three years ago I was relaxed and balding.

Look at me now...

Niknak20

If I wasn't on this hair journey I'd still be getting relaxers and Dominican blowouts. Looking at old pix crying for my long hair back. Lol too pitiful. Although I'm frustrated by these 2 textures I feel like I'm not just sitting around waiting for my hair to grow. I feel like I'm actively participating.

Danewshe

A picture says a thousand words right?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>> You ready for it??
>
>
I'd be sweeping it off the floor everyday. Kidding myself with half-wigs.

Attachments

• DSC01119.JPG
    DSC01119.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC01130.JPG
    DSC01130.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

my hair would be bone straight and whispy from the every six weeks relaxer treatment, It would also be VERY shiny, not because it was healthy, but because I was still spraying it with Isoplus(in the blue can) every day when I used my shiny silver metal big barrel curling iron.
It MIGHT be reaching the bottom of my neck. . .where it always would stop. Not to mention that my 5 year old DD(tighly coiled super thick lucious 4b/c--- hair. ) would probably have her hair either HARD pressed every two weeks or be relaxed as well.

Last edited:

MystiqueBabe

My hair was healthy BSL until I relaxed it at 16 in August. My hair has been the same length for almost 3 years due to breakage and lack of care. I just didn't know what I was doing. Nobody ever told me how to take care of my hair, I would ask people for advice but they just shrugged their shoulders and talked behind my back about my hair. It was horrible. :ohwell:

Before LHCF
-Did not even know what conditioner was
-Washed without conditioner
-Never moisturized
-Kept my hair in cornrows or other protective styles, pressed my hair every 4-6 weeks.

Despite this my hair had grown to BSL.Until it broke off and I had to get it relaxed and cut to sl.
When I was relaxed
-Flat ironed weekly
-Mom overlapped my relaxers
-Moisturized with products containing mineral oil
-wore my hair out everyday
-tons of broken hairs on my shirt, sink, floor, just everywhere!:nono:

Now that I know what I was doing wrong my hair is healthier and getting longer.My hair is quickly approching SL(had to cut my stringy, full of splits, broken off SL hair to NL) My hair is finally retaining LENGTH. Thank God for this forum.

Aviah

Nice length OP. I forgot what the thread was about too lol.
I'd still be SL, relaxed, using a flat iron every 2 weeks, not DCing, moisturizing with all the wrong things, and hair looking bleh.

SmilingElephant

I think...i would still be relaxed, between SL-APL, and a constant dyer. I used to like to go to the salon every month or so to get my hair done...i loved the orphan Annie curls i'd get with heat(Bc i'd also have it dyed a nice red wine color:lick:). I experienced some breakage at the crown pre-LHCF too.

I am SO glad i went natural tho...now whenever i flat iron my hair, i have that Pantene hair i used to dream about:lol:...but i ain't using Pantene:lachen:!! And when i wear it curly like most days....i have a nice bunch of Annie curls at the crown of my head:D

mikimix

Tbh my hair wouldn't be that bad. It would probably be a little longer than SL, maybe slightly above APL.

Through my hair journey I learnt about the differences between protein and moisture and which moisturisers are right for my hair. I also found out that it is possible to be black and have relaxed hair that is long (BSL+) and that kind of just changed my attitude.

SimpleLiving

What would your hair be like now!? What style/state

Locked up; oh yeah. Dreadlocked, Sisterlocked, Braid Locked, whatever you want to call 'em. And healthy as all get out (like it is now). :lol: Oh, and long as double hockey sticks. By now it would have been at least WL. :yep:

ecadnacmc

CurlsOnFire23 said:
I'd be permed and without stress

REALLY?? I was is much more stressed with broken off over processed permed hair. My fine hair would never grow past shoulder length permed. SMH

CurlsOnFire23

REALLY?? I was is much more stressed with broken off over processed permed hair. My fine hair would never grow past shoulder length permed. SMH

:nono:

My hair seemed to be better cared for when it was permed. I always had to go to the stylist to have it washed, conditioned, and styled..

Now that i'm messing with my own hair I feel like i'm manhandling it. Don't get me wrong, I love my natural hair, but RIGHT NOW..UGH......If I had a dark n lovely perm kit near me, I wouldn't bat an eyelash before or after perming this sh--t. :wallbash:

Lilmama1011

Would be seeing a lot of hair in the tub and in my comb. I wouldn't be bald but I hated combing my hair and washing it but i did because it had to be done

Angelinhell

Tbh my hair wouldn't be that bad. It would probably be a little longer than SL, maybe slightly above APL.

Through my hair journey I learnt about the differences between protein and moisture and which moisturisers are right for my hair. I also found out that it is possible to be black and have relaxed hair that is long (BSL+) and that kind of just changed my attitude.

This, because my jealous stylist would keep cutting my hair every relaxer and wash and set.

ravenhairedcharm

^ I second that. At least I know they wouldn't be in the best condition because I would be in braid extensions back to back. I also know the braider woulda tore up my natural hair with a fine tooth comb, which would result in me not retaining much growth.

Last edited:

Dominicanatural

I would still be APL relaxed, blow drying and flat ironing every week then cutting to above shoulder length every six months due to damage even though my hair was constantly in a bun. The only thing I remember fondly about those days is that my hair was thick even though it was relaxed.

TheMenAllPause

If I wasn't on my HHJ my permed hair would be over processed, thin and hidden under a weave. I had jacked my hair up so bad all I could do was cover it up. Oh, and let's not even talk about my edges...or lack there of...smdh.

shortt29

I'd be still sweeping and vacuuming hair off every floor, dresser, and sink in my house, still a slave to the Dominican blowouts...thinking my APL, no edges hair was the bomb when honestly it was a mess! I should probably be WL if my hair wasn't shedding, breaking and living in my carpet :(

PJaye

Between SL and APL, and in a dirty air-dried ponytail that hadn’t been touched by a comb in at least a month. I didn’t wash my hair very often because it was a hassle, so it went uncombed. All I did was drench it in the shower every few days, apply JF serum and let it dry (I would slap some water and JF to the hairline on the off days and KIM).