Jan 2019 What Did You Buy This Week?

Aggie

Today I bought quite a few Domincan products locally because they were on sale at 60-65% off. I couldn't help myself.

I bought all Follicle Care brand except the Crece Pelo:

1 liter jar of Follicle Care Bambu Conditioning Treatment (Light Protein)
1 liter jar of Crece Pelo Conditioning Treatment (Deep Moisture)
1 - 56 oz jar of Almond and Honey Conditioning Treatment - (Deep protein)
1 - 16 oz bottle of Almond and Honey Shampoo (protein shampoo)
1 - 16 oz bottle of Afro Love Shampoo
1 - 16 oz bottle of Baba de Caracol shampoo (moisture shampoo)
2 - 8 oz jars of Afro Love Conditioning Treatment (moisture)
3 - 16 oz jars of Coco Rose Conditioning Treatment (Deep Moisture)
3 bottles of leave-in treatments.

I have already placed an order for 2 bottles of Follicle Care Nectar Repair Treatment - very similar to Dudley's DRC 28 and 1 jar of the Afro Love Cream Moisturizer and Curl Definer. I should have the Nectar sometime next week and the Afro Love Moisturizer in March this year.

Last edited:

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Not Your Mother’s:
-Matcha Green Tea & Wild Apple Blossom Masque
-Bamboo, Activated Charcoal, & Purple Moonstoon Scalp Scrub

Super excited about both!

cocopuff

After much contemplation, I finally bought a bottle of Nature's Ego Fenugreek Scalp Serum. While I do notice the serum stimulates my scalp, I think it also gives me the product buildup flakes. I almost never have dandruff and I have only been applying two products to my scalp ( hair oil, moisturizing leave in spray) that, up until this point, have been working great on my scalp and new growth and gave me no problems. After I started applying the scalp serum is when I noticed the flakiness. I am going to wash my hair this week and use the scalp serum alone to determine if it is creating buildup. Has anyone else used this product with the same results?

GGsKin

After much contemplation, I finally bought a bottle of Nature's Ego Fenugreek Scalp Serum. While I do notice the serum stimulates my scalp, I think it also gives me the product buildup flakes. I almost never have dandruff and I have only been applying two products to my scalp ( hair oil, moisturizing leave in spray) that, up until this point, have been working great on my scalp and new growth and gave me no problems. After I started applying the scalp serum is when I noticed the flakiness. I am going to wash my hair this week and use the scalp serum alone to determine if it is creating buildup. Has anyone else used this product with the same results?

@cocopuff Usually I dont have flaking/ dry scalp. I recently started using the Nature's Ego Fenugreek scalp serum. (Before) I straightened my hair two weeks ago I used it all over, as well as one other product (Philip Kingsley Scalp tonic). Since then, I've used the serum on my hairline only. My hairline started flaking like mad (I commented in another thread) and I couldn't figure out why. I don't straighten often, so I wondered if it was due to me using different products. Now you've got me wondering if it's the fenugreek serum.

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

You know what, it did to me too. I thought it was because I was using too many other things at the same time but EXACTLY what you described is what happened @cocopuff

cocopuff

You know what, it did to me too. I thought it was because I was using too many other things at the same time but EXACTLY what you described is what happened @cocopuff

Dang. Unless, I get some insane crazy hair growth from using the Fenugreek serum, I am not sure if I would want to continue using it. I went ahead and washed my hair last night with a clarifying shampoo and moisturizing conditioner, sprayed my moisturizing spritz on it, and tied it up last night- not a flake in sight this morning. I am almost nervous to use the serum again for fear it will result in more flakes. However, I do not want to waste my money so I might just have to use it up and clarify as needed.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Dang. Unless, I get some insane crazy hair growth from using the Fenugreek serum, I am not sure if I would want to continue using it. I went ahead and washed my hair last night with a clarifying shampoo and moisturizing conditioner, sprayed my moisturizing spritz on it, and tied it up last night- not a flake in sight this morning. I am almost nervous to use the serum again for fear it will result in more flakes. However, I do not want to waste my money so I might just have to use it up and clarify as needed.

Im going to put it in a spray bottle, so it sprays instead of directly adding it to my scalp @cocopuff

cocopuff

@cocopuff Usually I dont have flaking/ dry scalp. I recently started using the Nature's Ego Fenugreek scalp serum. (Before) I straightened my hair two weeks ago I used it all over, as well as one other product (Philip Kingsley Scalp tonic). Since then, I've used the serum on my hairline only. My hairline started flaking like mad (I commented in another thread) and I couldn't figure out why. I don't straighten often, so I wondered if it was due to me using different products. Now you've got me wondering if it's the fenugreek serum.

Maybe it is the serum. I washed my hair last night and sprayed my moisturizing spritz on my hair/scalp last night and today- no flakes. I also have the Fenugreek hair food which does not have any noticeable effect on my scalp other than leaving it damp. I guess I could just use this for right now.

Lita

@cocopuff Hello! I use both products the scalp serum & hair food..With the Fenugreek serum,I put it in my hands,dip my index finger in it,apply it on my scalp,gently rub it in..I have been using this product off/on since the summertime..I have not experienced any product buildup..

*I think with me rubbing the serum in my scalp helps to keep the buildup away..

I’m going to apply it directly to my scalp and I’ll give you guys an update..

Happy Hair Growing!