~~*January 2008-What Did You Buy This Week?*~~

Nita81

It's that time again!!!! *since gymfreak336 wanted to beat me to the January 2008 Hits/Misses thread*:rolleyes::grin:

Jhuidah

Lacio Lacio. I've used it for a braidout and am so far impressed. I'm looking forward to doing a roller set with it soon, which is the primary reason why I got it.

Lavendar

Lava Ceramic 1875-watt Ionic Styler with Tourmaline
I prefer this type of dryer/styler cause I can't handle the bullet kind and I never brush. This is the only tourmaline/ceramic style of this type that I could find. Mind you, I only blow dry 3-4 times a year, so don't get it twisted. But somehow all three of those times ended up being within the last month. I swear I don't know how that happened.:nono:

Dposh167

chi-silk infusion - not sure what to think yet
softsheen breakthru shampoo - my new staple shampoo
biolage cera-repair- stregthen and moisturizes great
a diffuser- can't wait to use

my 1st indian oil order! one of my fantastic students at work is going home 2 india & will be bringing me amla & vatika oils str8 from india.
i can't wait 2 use it. :grin:

Aveena

new items.. never tried... but love! :grin:

avocado oil
pure tea tree oil w/ vit E

I spent $90 at the Vitamin shoppe (won't be back in a while ...hehe) more items I bought that I've already tried

George's Aloe Vera liquid (liquid gold if you ask me I use it in place of water in my spray bottles)
jojoba oil
extra virgin coconut oil
miracle 2000 vitamin liquid (cherry flavor)
liquid MSM (I mix this in my spray bottles as well)

Healthb4Length

I got my Pibbs 514--I'm preparing for BOOTCAMP 08 baby!!!:grin:
Seyani hair butter and scalp tonic
Toque Magico Treatment
Gala plus Aceite de Aguacate rinse
" " Olive oil & Wheat germ rinse
Nacidit Olive oil rinse

As you can see I won't be participating in the no purchasing new products challenges:lachen:

ETA: I just purchased a silk scarf from Honeyfig.com

Last edited:

LadyZ

1 Mizani Moisturefuse
2 Kenra MC
2 Joico Moisture Recovery Balms
3 Joico Altima Leave- In Conditioners
1 Joico K Pac Reconstructor
1 Joico K Pac Hydrate
2 Redken Butter treatments
1 Soy Protein Extract
1 Marine Collagen
1 Wheat Protein Extract
1 Jamila (sp) Henna
1 Cassia (sp) Henna

This should hold me for a while... Summer I hope...
These will be my staples..

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

2 Kenra MC
1 Joico K Pac Hydrate
1 Soy Protein Extract
1 Marine Collagen
1 Wheat Protein Extract

Where are you getting the Marine Collagen from?

lilamae

1 Mizani Moisturefuse
2 Kenra MC
1 Joico K Pac Hydrate
1 Soy Protein Extract
1 Marine Collagen
1 Wheat Protein Extract
1 Jamila (sp) Henna
1 Cassia (sp) Henna

wow you got some good stuff there lady! where do you live again:lachen:

crumbling_images

My month long break from my usual kinky/curly twist/braid extensions is almost over. I am currently waiting for my new 2008 order to arrive any day:

Ok, I really like the My Honey Child Hair Line....
I'm constantly on the lookout for products to add moisture to my hair when wearing the twist extensions. The activator is wonderfully light & has a terrific smell. Hopefully, the natural hair humectant & neroli detanlger will prove just as moisturizing...

My Honey Child - Natural Hair Humectant
Loaded with good scalp hydrators. This product is a must if you want to keep your hair hydrated and soft. Not greasy or oily. These nutritive Humectants provide gentle control and a healthy finish while imparting radiant shine. Use as a leave in conditioner , or daily hair refresher. Great for removing tangles and hydration.
Purified Water, Glycerin, Raw Honey , Black Cumin Seed oil, Macadamia Nut oil, Pumpkin Seed Oil, and Walnut Oil

My Honey Child – Neroli & Lemon Hair Detangler
Eliminate tangles and leave hair healthy and glossy with this lightweight, moisture-rich conditioner. Natural vegetable oils replenish lipid content while vitamins restore strength and shine. Lime and Neroli extracts provide a refreshing, stimulating scent that lasts for hours. Great as a leave in conditioner.
Purified deionized water, castor oil, sweet almond oil ,colza oil, ,essential fatty acids, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, sorbitol ,sweet fennel and horsetail, essential oils of citrus limon (lemon),* lemon cubeba, citrus aurantium (neroli),* canarium luzonicum (elemi)* & citrus paradisi (pink grapefruit)

My Honey Child - Carribean Hair Activator
The Carribean Hair Activator give your natural waves, and texturized styles the sheen and softness you need .This freshly fragranced Caribbean formula will penetrate into those curls quickly, leaving hair soft, wavy and delicately perfumed. A styling treatment specifically formulated for curly hair. Prepares the hair for styling while fortifying curly hair. Directions: Wet hair lightly. Gently comb through to detangle.
Sal Butter, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Rosemary, Orange And Lime Essential Oil.

buttaflye03

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Conditioner
Tea Tree oil (with other oils, forget which ones right now)
new head scarf

Empress Yahudah

Shea butter raw/unrefined
Coconut Cream Oil virgin/organic
Broccoli Seed Oil
Avocado oil organic
Meadowfoam oil

Irish Moss powder
Bhringraj powder
Gotu Kola powder
Hibiscus powder
Neem powder
Shikakai powder
Nettles leaf powder
Burbock root powder

Lecithin (liquid)
Honeyquat
T-50
Silk Amino Acids

Nexxus Ensure(for the ceramide-3) I wanted a ceramide-3 conditioner that didnt have keratin in it since I already have that in my Mega Tek.. or mineral oil/petoluem/lanolin in the ingredients

more Giovanni Direct

Gryphyn

Amla, jasmine, and dudhi herbal hair oils, coconut and vatika oil, and I got free samples of Heena and Shikakai herbal shampoos.:spinning:

Demi27

Joico K-Pak gift set (shampoo, conditioner and reconstructor)
Joico Serum
Joico Split End Mender Serum
Biolage Anti-Breakage Leave in Spray
KeraCare Silken Seal Spray

I so have a problem.

(I'm not gonna mention all the stuff I've purchased just in the past week and a half. :ohwell:)

camibella

It's that time again!!!! *since gymfreak336 wanted to beat me to the January 2008 Hits/Misses thread*:rolleyes::grin:

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
Lacio Lacio Leave-In
Suave - Tropical Coconut
Miss Key 10 en 1

The only thing left for me to buy is my coconut oil. I should be good for a month or so depending on how much product I use. Trying not to indulge in PJism