~~*January 2008-What Did You Buy This Week?*~~

hot_pepper96

I ordered Phyto's Revitalizing Lotion for thinning hair (because nothing seems to be helping with my thinning edges) & Jonanthan Product Shower Filter. Also, bout Oscar Blandi's Dry Shampoo Spray.

Aggie

A Pibbs 514, more magnetic rollers, and more ORS olive oil- in the jar

Can someone please tell me what is a Pibbs 514? I have seena a thread with this and I still couldn't figure out they were talking about. Please forgive my ignorance.

Valerie

I got Cassia Obovata -white henna powder from Baldwins today. I plan to use it to condition my hair.

MissLawyerLady

Can someone please tell me what is a Pibbs 514? I have seena a thread with this and I still couldn't figure out they were talking about. Please forgive my ignorance.

It is a professional, salon-type of standing, bonnet, hair dryer. It dries much faster and more evenly than standard bonnet hair dryers.

gymfreak336

Joico Daily care conditioning shampoo
ORS replenishing (big bottle)
Capilo avocado conditioner
Paul mitchell The rinse 2 16oz bottles
salerm 21

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Indian Products from Amazon::grin:
Hesh Shikakai Powder $3.95
Hesh Amla Powder $3.95
Dabur Amla Lite Oil $3.45
Hesh Brihma Powder $3.95
Hesh Aritha Powder $3.95

Total Cost: $19.25 + $11.55 shipping = $30.80
Sorry to hijack the thread, but..........Monigirl, was the supplier you purchased your products from called the IndianFoodStore? If so, have you ordered from them before? Thanks!!

gymfreak336

Sorry to hijack the thread, but..........Monigirl, was the supplier you purchased your products from called the IndianFoodStore? If so, have you ordered from them before? Thanks!!

Don't mean to double hijack but I got all my hesh stuff and some henna from them. My stuff came nicely packaged and arrived right on time.

Nita81

Babyliss Ionic Pro hard hat dryer
Redken Deep Fuel treatment(3 boxes)
Ojon Hydrating Thickening spray

mochatrini

So I really wanted to have my arsenal ready for the next few months, because I am trying to grow out the entire back of my hair from a short cut and so far since I have started I am on my way:grin: Thanks to the advice I have received on the forum from you hair divas!!!!

This week I purchased
Amla Oil- smells funny but left hair nice
Vatika Oil- can tolerate smell better used with amla as pre-poo NICE
Minoval- first nite using
Joico KPak kit (chelating shampoo, cuticle sealer, reconstructor and hydrator condish)- wonderful very few strands came out while combing and thats great for me

Trying to stay out of the BSS for at least the next few months and thats going to be hard:ohwell:

Esq.2B

1 pump nozzle to attach to my shampoo bottle. The squeezing gets bothersome.

A few packs of rollers.

Honey

ETA: Healthy Sexy Hair Chocolate Soymilk Shampoo

LABETT

I have not bought any hair products this year.
I have :shocked: my self and will be using hair product from my own little BSS.

youwillrise

got my 2 for $28 deal on kenra mc @ trade secret!!!

and picked up some tigi bedhead moisture maniac conditioner
to hopefully help me w/ finger detangling in the shower.

fivetimestwo

Just stocked up again on Giovanni Direct. I ordered from Vitacost b/c for some reason, it costs double the price at the health food store. :ohwell:

gymfreak336

*sneaks in*

Paul Mitchel Supercharged
Graham Webb silk protein leave in conditioner
Aveda brillant
Joico Moisture recovery shampoo
" " Balm
Bhringjai oil
Bramhi oil
Mason Pearson detangling comb
" " rat tail comb

*puts shades and scarf back on and slides out*

Aggie

Just bought 1 instant weave and 10 bulks of weaving hair with 5 different type hair so that is 2 bulks of 1 type each times 5 = 10 bulks. I will be sporting 5 different looks during my WIG and BOOT CAMP 2008 challenges. I already have a ton of other wigs that I will be wearing intermitantly. Also trying to stretch my relaxer for 16 or 18 weeks and I am now only 4 and a half weeks post.

runwaydream

coconut oil
rosemary oil
peppermint oil
bb moisturizer w. castor oil and aloe
s curl no drip
mane n' tail conditioner
vaginal cream with 2% MN

Brownie518

Aphogee EFA
Deva Concepts One Condition
Nutrine Garlic conditioner
Loreal Natures Therapy Liquid Energy Treatment
WGHO
QP Mango Butter

dreysonsmommy2011

eggs! I need to give my hair a protein treatment, so I thought why not try an egg protein treatment. Besides, I hear it works wonders:yep:

BeautifullySo

Keracare:
Dry & Itchy scalp shampoo
Humecto Creme Conditioner
Setting lotion
Leave-in
*Thinking about buying the 1st lather shampoo*

Aphogee:
Hardcore protein treatment (I was too cheap to buy the balancing moisturizer, go figure. Hopefully a DC with humecto will be good enough) :look:
2 min reconstructor

Sulu Max Grow
S-Curl

A new hair dryer and attachment, Macherieamour's dvd tutorial, boar bristle and round brush, and all other things needed for a rollerset...

I can see my hair progressing nicely in 2008 with these products :)

BlondeByDesire

Pibbs 514
extra virgin unrefined coconut oil (GNC)
Futurebiotics vitamins (nails, hair & skin) GNC
two head bands (CVS)
hair clips (CVS)
Macherie's DVD on roller setting
more purple magnetic rollers
2 triangle hair nets (Sally's) for Pibby
cotton turban twist for pre poos (steam treatment per Macherie) (Sally's)
VO5 strawberries and creme conditioner (pre poo)
ORS mayonaise (pre poo) picking this up today

Per Macherie's DVD I need: need boar bristle brush, round brush, shampoo rat tail comb, 2 prong clips (with pockets) - I had been using the wrong ones, that's why my rollers wouldn't set right, learn something new everyday - and saran wrap.

Ordering via internet:
KeraCare products I'm still in need of - Leave-in, creme hair dress, silken seal.

That's about it.

Last edited:

KathyMay

Nacidit Avocado Deep con
Nacidit Olive oil conditioner
ORS Neutralizing poo
ORS Creamy Aloe poo
ORS Replinishing Pak
Nice and Gloss oil treatment
Ponytail holders
Dr. Bronners Peppermint Castile soap

Last edited:

_belle

I didn't want to make a seperate post about this but i def spent a nice chunk of my check on this. . .:nono: good thing I have no bills. :lachen:

-EVOO (walmart)
-castor oil (walmart)
-soft bonnet dryer (walmart)
-kids organic shea butter (bss)
-QP mango butter (bss)
-silicon mix (bss)
-that little brow brush so I can put the castor oil on my lashes & brows(walmart)
-MN (family dollar)
-gas to drive up and down the goddamn eastcoast LOOKING for a family dollar with some MN on the shelves
-suave clarifying(walmart)
-carrot oil cholestorol (Bss)
-like size ORS replenishing packs (walmart. . . they are the cheapest I have seen them, there. 1.19. yeah its only like 10, 20 cents, but when u start buyin like 10 at a time it adds up. lol)
-kids ponytail holders for my bantu knots (that I probably shouldn't do because Im in the rollersetting challenge. . . but shhhhh!)
-hair, skin, and nail vitamins from gnc
-lottabody
-spray bottle to put the diluted lottabody in

and I think that is it.

Last edited:

_belle

sidenote: what is the QP mango butter supposed to do??? it feels like "jam!" :lachen:I had just seen a bunch of folks rave about it. . . and then I saw it on the shelf. is it supposed to be like a "goop". cause I have 4a/b relaxed hair. . . i will NOT be gelling down my sides/baby hairs.

gymfreak336

sneaks back in

Paul mitchell the conditioner
Paul mitchell hair repair (2 tubes)
Paul mitchell seal and shine 3 bottle pack

HoneyDew

sidenote: what is the QP mango butter supposed to do??? it feels like "jam!" :lachen:I had just seen a bunch of folks rave about it. . . and then I saw it on the shelf. is it supposed to be like a "goop". cause I have 4a/b relaxed hair. . . i will NOT be gelling down my sides/baby hairs.

I think you picked up the Glaze by mistake. The Butter is light yellow and smells good. I don't use it, but I got a sample jar of it from the BSS once.