~~*January 2008-What Did You Buy This Week?*~~

Empress Yahudah

Well since i keep seeing Gym and Brownie talking about this Herbal Essence Dangerously Straight Conditioner I went ahead and got some:grin:

_belle

I think you picked up the Glaze by mistake. The Butter is light yellow and smells good. I don't use it, but I got a sample jar of it from the BSS once.
no, I picked up the glaze at first and felt it shake in the jar in my hand and I was like "this is right!" lol. but I have the butter. it smells good, and it is kinda hard at first, and it's light yellow. . . I got the right thing, but if might be too heavy for my hair. it just kinda set on top of my hair, if that makes any ssense

HoneyDew

no, I picked up the glaze at first and felt it shake in the jar in my hand and I was like "this is right!" lol. but I have the butter. it smells good, and it is kinda hard at first, and it's light yellow. . . I got the right thing, but if might be too heavy for my hair. it just kinda set on top of my hair, if that makes any ssense

Well you said is was like Jam I was confused because the butter is creamy. Anyway, I think a lot of people feel the same way you do about it. It is pretty and smells good, but that's it. Meanwhile, some people love it. Go figure.

charmtreese

I didn't buy it this week, but my mom bought me some Jane Carter Solutions nourishing hair cream a couple of weeks ago. I've been using this moisturizer daily and sealing with castor oil and my hair is absolutly loving it. I dare say that it's even better than my beloved Ojon Tawaka Cream and 2x's cheaper.

I have 4b relaxed hair that only responds well to moisturizers that are all natural are darn near close to all natural. This was a great find for me and now its my staple daily moisturizer!!!!

KrimsonKween

I bought ghee. (Thanks Dlewis) Myh air likes it.
I am not buying anyhting else
I am not buying anything else
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

malibu4590

I bought:
  • a one liter bottle of Nexxus Botanoil
  • a one liter bottle of Nexxus Keraphix
  • a 13.5oz bottle of Nexxus HydraSleek and Sleektress Poo and Con
  • and CHI Silk Infusion.
I don't have to buy any more products for at least a year. :look:

Evazhair

2 liters of Kenra MC for $28 @ trade secret.
pantene breakage defense mask, sunsilk hydra tlc mask, abba shampoos/conditioners are on their way from home that I bought on vacation.

I ain't buyin nothing else until a staple runs out.

shelly25

I bought:
-VO5 Moisture Milks Moisturizing Conditioner in Passion Fruit Smoothie. It smells soooo good!
-Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask

Energist

Too much :nono: My old PJ self just took control here...

Alter Ego Nequal Shampoo
Alter Ego Garlic Deep Conditioner
Alter Ego Hasty Shine Spray
Alter Ego Christalli Serum
Torque Emergencia
Appretadora (I saw my hairdresser use this on me when I asked her for the $5 instead of $10 Alter Ego Garlic Deep Cond. and liked it so...)
Nacidit Leave In (she used this one for leave in also)
Lacio Lacio Leave In
Razac Perfect for Perms conditioning hairdress
Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo
Shikakai and Amla Powder
Amla Oil
Small bottle of Vatika
Nyle Indian hair Oil

Jumbo Magnetic Rollers
Conditioning Cap
Satin Inner/ Vinyl Outer Shower Cap (like I really needed to get that :ohwell:)
Shower Comb

mango387

Too much :nono: My old PJ self just took control here...

Alter Ego Nequal Shampoo
Alter Ego Garlic Deep Conditioner
Alter Ego Hasty Shine Spray
Alter Ego Christalli Serum
Torque Emergencia
Appretadora (I saw my hairdresser use this on me when I asked her for the $5 instead of $10 Alter Ego Garlic Deep Cond. and liked it so...)
Nacidit Leave In (she used this one for leave in also)
Lacio Lacio Leave In
Razac Perfect for Perms conditioning hairdress
Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo
Shikakai and Amla Powder
Amla Oil
Small bottle of Vatika
Nyle Indian hair Oil

Jumbo Magnetic Rollers
Conditioning Cap
Satin Inner/ Vinyl Outer Shower Cap (like I really needed to get that :ohwell:)
Shower Comb

When people w/ long hair like you buy all of this, then my PJism becomes justifiable.

Energist

When people w/ long hair like you buy all of this, then my PJism becomes justifiable.

lol, well I don't want to set a bad example or plan to buy anything else this year. I usually have lots of composure and shop online, but I am out of town and they have everything here that I don't have back there and seeing it all at once so beautifully priced :blush: was too much for me if you know what I mean :spinning:

mango387

lol, well I don't want to set a bad example or plan to buy anything else this year. I usually have lots of composure and shop online, but I am out of town and they have everything here that I don't have back there and seeing it all at once so beautifully priced :blush: was too much for me if you know what I mean :spinning:

See that is why I know I don't need to go to NYC or the hair show in ATL, but each is calling my name LOUD and CLEAR.

IntoMyhair

I picked up a small bottle of
Rusk smoother (the big bottle i got months ago from bj's is almost gone)
Paul Mitchell the detangler( Can't wait to try this with my new rinse method) I thought the detangler was a leave in not a rinse out)
2 liter bottles of kenra moisturizing conditioner
And Kenra chelating shampoo

and the $10.00 trade secret membership.

kbfluff

Let's see:

• 12pks of hair for my braids that I did today...I have 4pks left over that i didn't use.
  • Chi Keratin Mist (I want to spray this on my braids...I like the sprayer...it really is a light mist)
  • Surge Moisturing leave-in. ( I wanted a leave in to put on my braids everyother day. My hair thrived when I did this before, but I was using Aveda Elixir which my hair simply drank up. This Surge stuff has the same consistency of Aveda Elixir and my hair drank this up too!!! I think I have a winner.
  • Ohh I also found some Suave leave in thermal heat care stuff that I will use as a heat protectant. I was looking for a heat protectant and i like this one because of the ingredients. I brought both bottles for $1.99 each. They will stay on the shelf until I wear my OWN hair out again.

Chromia

I had a $25 gift card for Sally Beauty Supply - my cashback bonus reward from Discover card! So I went and got:

Denman D3 brush
2 bottles of CON Ultra Moisturizing shampoo
Fantasia IC gel w/ sparkle lites (clear)
a pack of perm rods

fivetimestwo

today I got...

Hollywood Olive Oil Cholesterol Conditioner (I got the last one :grin:)

Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner (wanna see if this can replace my PM supercharged moisturizer)

Hair scissors (planning a trim this weekend :perplexed)

Satin Creme Press (I heard this is good for flatironing, although the beeswax scares me :look:)

Last edited:

Brownie518

HE Long Term Relationship conditioner
Oyin Burnt Sugar
Oyin Juices n Berries
Oyin Whipped Pudding
Oyin Whipped Shea Butter
Conditioning Caps

amber815

Castor Oil (I KNOW I'm late y'all lol)
elasta bodifying shampoo (for clarifying, that giovanni tea tree stuff gave me mad flakes)
elasta breakage control serum

clever

lemon oil
orange oil
peppermint oil
spearmint oil
Skala Shea Butter Conditioner
carrot oil creme
hair silk creme
..and I'm thinking about buying a chi(even though I have a maxide,a miniglide,and solia):whyme::ninja:

Namilani

Nexxus Therappe (Hit)
Phyto Organics Babassu Mud Treatment (Decent. Wouldn't repurchase, though.)
Phyto Organics The Arts Redefining Gel (On the fence)
Phyto Organics Humectin *(Just opened the package, so I replied here lol)
Phyto Organics Theratin*
Phyto Organics Omistyler Versatile Styling Liquid*

Doesn't sound like it, but I'm settling down with Mizani, KeraCare/Affirm, and Nexxus. I have a couple little things I wanna buy, but I'm doing more harm than good being all up in this thread 24/7...

JustKiya

Two bananas. :lachen: And I might swing by the store and get some banana babyfood, too...... it's less likely DH will eat that up.... :look: