July 2016 What Did You Buy This Week? Hair Care Edition

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I just made my last order from Bekura for a while. I just wanted to catch everything I wanted during that sale. After this I will be good for a long while. I will only need some APB refreshers and leave-ins and then I'll rest from buying for a while. Oh yeah and maybe a couple jars of SSI Marula Hemp Hair Cream. I :love: that cream a lot.

Here is what I just ordered:

1 YAM Nectar Hydrating Hair Nourisher - I just had to have another one of these (my backup) because I like how it performed on my hair. My hair loves this a lot:lick:.

1 Tonga Mousse Opulent Hair Cream

1 Whipped Custard Body Souffle - Fig Julep

3 Lait Illipe Body Milks in Cocoa Sarai, Sugar de Mai and Acai Kiwi.

I didn't get any of the gelee oils anymore. Changed my mind. I might still get them wayyy later though.

:giggle: I'm sorry :imsorry: @Saludable84 :blush:

You package about to get intercepted.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Shea Moisture Swap . . .
Bought Shea Moisture's Zanzibar leave-in, but got a little weirded out by the Carageenan ingredient as I have little ones at home. Exchanged it for the SM Superfruit 10-in-1 masque, which I've never tried but about which I've heard GREAT things.

Curl Activator . . .
Also bought Curl Activator spray (S Curl???) because I keep reading that people's wash-and-go's stay moisturized for days with this. Not so for me. :nono: That's okay, though! Trial and error. That try only cost me about $3.99 and was worth a go.

No Qhemet? :(
I would purchase something from Qhemet tomorrow, but I don't know if I can use the products for a wash-and-go (hardly anyone has replied to the thread I created asking about it). So, I guess I'll have to pass on the sale tomorrow.

Aggie

Shea Moisture Swap . . .
Bought Shea Moisture's Zanzibar leave-in, but got a little weirded out by the Carageenan ingredient as I have little ones at home. Exchanged it for the SM Superfruit 10-in-1 masque, which I've never tried but about which I've heard GREAT things.

Curl Activator . . .
Also bought Curl Activator spray (S Curl???) because I keep reading that people's wash-and-go's stay moisturized for days with this. Not so for me. :nono: That's okay, though! Trial and error. That try only cost me about $3.99 and was worth a go.

No Qhemet? :(
I would purchase something from Qhemet tomorrow, but I don't know if I can use the products for a wash-and-go (hardly anyone has replied to the thread I created asking about it). So, I guess I'll have to pass on the sale tomorrow.
@YvetteWithJoy

Have you tried looking at maybe some youtube videos on this? There might be some help there. Just a thought sweetie. I know that I haven't used any of their products in a wash and go so I'm of little help. So sorry I couldn't help more.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy

Have you tried looking at maybe some youtube videos on this. There might be some help there. Just a thought sweetie. I know that I haven't used any of their products in a wash and go so I'm of little help. So sorry I couldn't help more.

Had that idea. I maybe wasn't using the best search terms, because I didn't see much.

It made me feel as though their styling products might be best for twisting and braiding.

Qhemet even has a product guide page at their site. I still couldn't tell which styler of theirs might be best for wash and go's.

It's quite alright. I'll just experiment with the Bekura products once they arrive and save Qhemet for some other time.

I just thought I'd try asking LHCF: That 25% off tomorrow has had me a little itchy to make a Qhemet purchase.

Aggie

If your hair is fine/normal and gets easily weighed down ,then try the Burdock root. The Amla Heavy cream is exactly as it says, heavy. I mix the two sometimes. Both are great.

Thanks @shawnyblazes

I just bought both the Burdock Root hair cream and the Amla and Olive heavy cream. My hair is fine but I have a lot of it so I may need to mix it like you did :yep:.

ETA:

I also bought the CTDG to help the above along

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Itchy.

Very itchy to pull the trigger on this Qhemet cart (have never tried Qhemet products before). But the Bekura cart hasn't even shipped yet (this'll be my first time trying Bekura, too!).

upload_2016-7-30_9-21-1.png

UPDATE:
I put the code in, and added shipping to see what the final cost would be, and that pulled me back from the ledge. :laugh:

There is a BLACK-owned :yep: beauty supply store about 15 minutes from me that sells Qhemet. I imagine her stock will be much less "fresh" than Qhemet's online stock, but that's okay. I will wait until after I've trialed the Bekura products, and then if I feel I still need to trial products, I'll just support the black-owned bss owner.

Win-Win! :yep:

I am DETERMINED to stay in joy on my natural hair journey. I don't want to associate any guilt with this journey. Making only smart purchases keeps me "okay" with how much trial and error is involved, and I need to stick to that program!!!

Last edited:

Aggie

Itchy.

Very itchy to pull the trigger on this Qhemet cart (have never tried Qhemet products before). But the Bekura cart hasn't even shipped yet (this'll be my first time trying Bekura, too!).

View attachment 368731

UPDATE:
I put the code in, and added shipping to see what the final cost would be, and that pulled me back from the ledge. :laugh:

There is a BLACK-owned :yep: beauty supply store about 15 minutes from me that sells Qhemet. I imagine her stock will be much less "fresh" than Qhemet's online stock, but that's okay. I will wait until after I've trialed the Bekura products, and then if I feel I still need to trial products, I'll just support the black-owned bss owner.

Win-Win! :yep:

I am DETERMINED to stay in joy on my natural hair journey. I don't want to associate any guilt with this journey. Making only smart purchases keeps me "okay" with how much trial and error is involved, and I need to stick to that program!!!

Bekura's product shelf life is 9-12 months but will last longer if stored in the fridge. Just remember with handmade products, it's very important NOT to get ANY water in them.

I scoop my products out with a dry tablespoon and use the amount I think I will need and if I need more, I just scoop a little more out with the spoon. This helps to avoid/reduce contamination of your products. Hope this helps.

Also consider getting samples from companies that offer them as you go through your trial and error phase with your products. That will help you save a ton of money in the process.

ETA:

Oh I forgot, also put your products in rotation and use them accordingly. Try not to open too many handmade products at once. This also help them last longer:yep:. Once opened, make a special effort to use them up within 6-9 months.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Bekura's product shelf life is 9-12 months but will last longer if stored in the fridge. Just remember with handmade products, it's very important NOT to get ANY water in them.

I scoop my products out with a dry tablespoon and use the amount I think I will need and if I need more, I just scoop a little more out with the spoon. This helps to avoid/reduce contamination of your products. Hope this helps.

Also consider getting samples from companies that offer them as you go through your trial and error phase with your products. That will help you save a ton of money in the process.

ETA:

Oh I forgot, also put your products in rotation and use them accordingly. Try not to open too many handmade products at once. This also help them last longer:yep:. Once opened, make a special effort to use them up within 6-9 months.

Helps TREMENDOUSLY! Thank you so much!

(I'm on my phone or would add all sorts of emoticons!)

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Qhemet Biologics
Castor & Moringa Softening Serum
Egyptian Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea
8 oz. Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee

Sarenzo
Sandalwood Rose Coconut Milk Moisturizer
Pear & Vanilla Coconut Milk Moisturizer
Rose & French Green Clay Mask
Charcoal & Bee Pollen Clay Mask
x2 Lajay Feminine Cleansing Honey
Red Moroccan Clay & Dead Sea Mud Mask (for the family)
Rose Clay & Carrot Foaming Facial.Cleanser (for the family)
Dead Sea Clay Foaming Facial.Cleanser (for the family)
Carrot & African Wild Honey Soap (for the family)