July 2016 What Did You Buy This Week? Hair Care Edition

YvetteWithJoy

On break
A hair twin here found me. When she was describing her hair and the products that do and do not work for her hair, my jaw fell on the floor! I could have wrote it!!!

Her hair does really well with Qhemet Burdock Root Cream. :lol:

I had said I would hold off on purchasing it. But . . . In light of that, I decided to cancel my Huetiful wash-and-go ($65), keep the consultation ($15), and use the savings to purchase the Qhemet Burdock Root Cream. I reasoned that the Qhemet Burdock Root Cream would last me and last me and last me months, whereas the wash-and-go would last me three to five days maximum.

I also purchased some sweet almond oil and some avocado oil.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Curlmart:
MHC Type 4 Cream
Buttery Soy x2

So, on the MHC website, homegirl want $11 for shipping. Um, no. Not for 1lb of product. And I'm not messing with UPS. Not this week. Have to hunt down where they left my package.

I got 15% off curlmart (I've never ordered from there), plus $5 off $30 order plus free shipping.

I'm officially done. I need my APB. At this point, I'm just getting conditioner. Mind you, I'm still waiting on 3 from Jakeala.

Leylu

Itchy.

Very itchy to pull the trigger on this Qhemet cart (have never tried Qhemet products before). But the Bekura cart hasn't even shipped yet (this'll be my first time trying Bekura, too!).

View attachment 368731

UPDATE:
I put the code in, and added shipping to see what the final cost would be, and that pulled me back from the ledge. :laugh:

There is a BLACK-owned :yep: beauty supply store about 15 minutes from me that sells Qhemet. I imagine her stock will be much less "fresh" than Qhemet's online stock, but that's okay. I will wait until after I've trialed the Bekura products, and then if I feel I still need to trial products, I'll just support the black-owned bss owner.

Win-Win! :yep:

I am DETERMINED to stay in joy on my natural hair journey. I don't want to associate any guilt with this journey. Making only smart purchases keeps me "okay" with how much trial and error is involved, and I need to stick to that program!!!
I love this statement and your attitude! It's so easy to get discouraged with the natural hair journey, but I know now how much I love and appreciate my natural hair and would never go back to relaxed.