June 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Nothing! It's June 1st and I NYsis have bought nothing! I'm so proud of myself!

I spent hundreds on hair products in the past 6 weeks and I'm trying not to spend more on hair products this month, but I honestly don't know how likely that is. LOL

May was a heavy purchasing month for me as well, @nysister, so I, too, am hoping to refrain in June. :smile:

I had a VERY good reason for my May purchasing increase: I need to have my regimen on lock for the next year so that the results from my participation in Abena Palmore's hair study actually reflect the intended independent variables without the results being confounded by an inconsistent regimen.

It is highly likely, then that my purchases over the next 12 months (the duration of the study) will simply be reups. :yep: So glad about.

That all said, today I purchased :look: four more of those Kimmaytube-recommended hair clips because I feel that using 4 on each side of my head leaves my sections too big on wash day. Five on each side should do the trick, so I went ahead and bought 2 more, and then 2 extras as backups.

And . . . I'm looking at purchasing the handheld clothes steamer that this one YouTuber with very healthy and long hair uses on her hair.
Several ladies at LHCF purchased it. I don't know, though: My standing steamer gets too hot and drips scalding water, but I'm kind of purchasing fatigued right now.

nysister

May was a heavy purchasing month for me as well, @nysister, so I, too, am hoping to refrain in June. :smile:

I had a VERY good reason for my May purchasing increase: I need to have my regimen on lock for the next year so that the results from my participation in Abena Palmore's hair study actually reflect the intended independent variables without the results being confounded by an inconsistent regimen.

It is highly likely, then that my purchases over the next 12 months (the duration of the study) will simply be reups. :yep: So glad about.

That sounds interesting! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the process over the year.

LushLox

Well seeing as it's a new month and all:-

Mahogany Naturals Hydrating Hair Juice
Satin Pillow Rollers
Three More Inches Pre Shampoo treatment - only bought the small tube of this before I spend big dough on the larger size

ETA: Mane Choice Growth Oil
Anita Grant Double Cream

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
its been in my cart for ages, i like the ingredients enough for my scalp, but I have to get through a couple of products before I make the purchase ... i'm trying to be good :look:
@immy
Whenever you do decide to get it, you'll love it.:love: Great Ingredients.:up:

I usually pull it out Fall/Winter (for my Scalp), but since I'm heavy-sealing, the Summer I decided to grab a b/up (for my Hair).

nysister

Nothing! It's June 1st and I NYsis have bought nothing! I'm so proud of myself!

I spent hundreds on hair products in the past 6 weeks and I'm trying not to spend more on hair products this month, but I honestly don't know how likely that is. LOL

So this whole abstaining from buy hair products didn't work. It's June 5th and I ordered more CD Healthy Hair Butter, and their Monoi Oil and Split End Sealer.

I also bought Mr. Lee's Bamboo tea, went through all of it because it tastes really good and ordered more along with loose leaf tea from Bamboo Leaf Tea brand.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
That sounds interesting! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the process over the year.

Thanks! To try to keep myself consistent and accountable with my hair regimen, I've set up a blog about my experience in the hair growth study here: https://myhairgrowthstudyexperience.wordpress.com

Purchase:
Waterproof Electric Scalp Massager from Ebay for about $3.00: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391654603786

Something about the price concerns me, but I've purchased decent, very inexpensive products from Ebay before and felt it was worth a try for so little. I see only one review of it on Amazon, and of course that review could be done by anyone (the seller, etc.).

nysister

Cool, I'll check out your blog. :)

I use one of those.metal pronged massagers but not very often, I have been massaging with my fingers more.

Thanks! To try to keep myself consistent and accountable with my hair regimen, I've set up a blog about my experience in the hair growth study here: https://myhairgrowthstudyexperience.wordpress.com

Purchase:
Waterproof Electric Scalp Massager from Ebay for about $3.00: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391654603786

Something about the price concerns me, but I've purchased decent, very inexpensive products from Ebay before and felt it was worth a try for so little. I see only one review of it on Amazon, and of course that review could be done by anyone (the seller, etc.).

gorgeoushair

Sally Beauty 30%off 40+
Cantu ACV Rinse
Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 ACV Co Wash
Absolute Perfection Booster Step 1
Absolute Perfection Color Sealer Step 2
GVP Conditioning Balm( I swear this was bad when I was relaxed...hope it still is)
Cream of Nature Hair Color in Ginger Blonde
Cream of Nature Hair Color in Honey Blonde
Cream of Nature Coconut Milk Detangling Conditioner
Cream of Nature Coconut Milk Detangling Shampoo

LushLox

Purchase:

Really good idea to document/record all hair related stuff. I always say I will do it and I do for a while but then I fall off. :look:

I've downloaded a journal and will record what products I used that day and how my hair is feeling/looking etc along with photos. It just gives you a better and more tangible idea of what works and what doesn't. Particularly how you use certain products.

I love that scalp massager, that must feel great!