Jan 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

Aggie

:peek: I used a pass today.

Kenya Moore Hair Care:
-2x Mask
-2x Serum
-1x Condish

This year let's see if I'll receive tracking. In lieu of the package just randomly showing up. :look:

Code:HAPPYBIRTHDAY
@MileHighDiva

Have you tried any of these products before and if so, what are your findings on each of them?

ETA:

I just saw your post above. Thanks

Rastafarai

I haven't bought stuff in a minute, but wanted to try some new things:

- Luster's No Drip Curl Activator (discovered this by random...my hair loves loves glycerin and I have been using this as a spritz before using Wetline and my oils/butters for my winter wash-n-go, which really is a night before wash-n-go for tomorrow lol. Not trying to go out there with wet hair.

This S-Curl keeps my frizz away and is very moisturizingrom so I bought the larger size on Amazon.

- Rene Furterer Karité Intense Nourishing Mask For Very Dry And Damaged Hair

- Phyto Phytokeratine Extreme Hair Mask

My hair idol Tracee Ellis Ross and Amoy Pitters from Amoy Pitters Couture raves about Karite so I thought I would give it a try.

As for the Phyto, I am still looking for that guru protein treatment....this one has sapote in it, which is an oil that is one of the most penetrating behind camellia kissi oil, and my hair loves sapote oil when I can find it. I got both of these for discounted prices on a UK website (roughly $33 each). I was not trying to spend $60 for 6.7 ounces lol.

- Etae Caramel Condish (hot diggity damn, this stuff melts my strands with each and every use, leaving shiny, lightweight bouncy curls). I mix it with my other conditoners.

Thump

Scorpio Queen
Oyin Handmade 8oz Juices and Berries for $3.99. Used code gift16 for $10 off of any order. Gift code ends Jan 31st I believe.

Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total
"The Juices" ~nourishing herbal leave-ins - 8oz
(Flavor: Juices & Berries)
JUCJB08 1 $13.99 USD $13.99 USD
Free Oyin Goodie Sample

FREESAMP 1 $0.00 USD $0.00 USD
Subtotal:
$13.99 USD
Coupon Code (gift16):
-$10.00 USD
Shipping:
$3.74 USD
Grand Total:
$7.73 USD
Payment Method: PayPal

AgeinATL

I haven't bought stuff in a minute, but wanted to try some new things:

- Etae Caramel Condish (hot diggity damn, this stuff melts my strands with each and every use, leaving shiny, lightweight bouncy curls). I mix it with my other conditoners.

How does this compare to YAM (I believe that it was you who loves YAM as much as I d0) ?

@rileypak and @Saludable84 Have ya'll tried it yet?

@shawnyblazes How does it compare to the Soultanicals caramel?

@flyygirlll2 is it still just 'ok' for you?

I really want to try this product, but I am trying to get an idea of if it is worth the splurge. Thanks ladies!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
How does this compare to YAM (I believe that it was you who loves YAM as much as I d0) ?

I really want to try this product, but I am trying to get an idea of if it is worth the splurge. Thanks ladies!
Girl. Etae is 1000 better than soultanicals. Not even on the same level.

AgeinATL

Sigh....
Etae Caramel treatment :bangdesk:
Honey's Handmade Honey and Kokum DC. I know, I know... I know ya'll said she wasn't one of ya'lls favorite vendors, but for $7.oo and free shipping, I decided that I didn't have much to lose.

See now, THIS is the problem when you have found your staples and you've been 'clean' for a while. I had a relapse and NEEDED to buy something. I'm done for now...:computer:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Almost out of the Jamaican Mango & Lime Transition Creme:

Ordered and delivered in the nick of time:

Think I got enough?:biggrin:

Rastafarai

Dare I say I found it better than the YAM if only for more ease of application. The consistency is not as thick as YAM so it melts into my hair more quickly, which lowers my ability to be heavy-handed from scooping up YAM versus pouring it out with Caramel. It has a thicker consistency than Jakeala's original honey hair thang condish.

My hair came out more shiny with Caramel, but conditioned and moisturized similar to YAM. I think Caramel is the culprit behind all those Etae promo videos and photos.

I won't give up YAM though, but will be replacing Jakeala with Caramel.

AgeinATL

Dare I say I found it better than the YAM if only for more ease of application. The consistency is not as thick as YAM so it melts into my hair more quickly, which lowers my ability to be heavy-handed from scooping up YAM versus pouring it out with Caramel. It has a thicker consistency than Jakeala's original honey hair thang condish.

My hair came out more shiny with Caramel, but conditioned and moisturized similar to YAM. I think Caramel is the culprit behind all those Etae promo videos and photos.

I won't give up YAM though, but will be replacing Jakeala with Caramel.

Girl what?!? Better?? I am so excited to try it. Thank you for your feedback!!