Keracare Thermal Wonder. Reviews/thoughts?

Dee-Licious

A versatile thermal protection system for naturally curly hair that detangles and helps straighten hair for easy manageability.
Featuring fresh homemade botanical extracts and natural non-GMO moisturizers, the system results in damage-free hair, natural shine, softness and humidity protection for longer-lasting straightness. It’s free of straightening chemicals and will not change your natural curl pattern, so you have the flexibility and freedom of wearing a straight style one week and a curly style the next week after shampooing. The easy 3-step system includes a pre-poo to moisturize & detangle hair, a gentle shampoo to cleanse & condition hair and a thermal protector to seal, protect and help straighten hair.

It's 3 products: pre-poo, shampoo, and flatiron spray. The pre-poo ingredients remind me of the Moisture Drenched Pre-Poo Thread by @Chicoro because it uses aloe vera.

Sally's has a 40% off coupon right now, so I'm tempted to gone try it.

guyaneseyankee

I've been looking at this like everyday.... My Sally's doesn't have the 6 in 1; so I took it as a sign not to get it. (curbing my PJism) it does look awesome. curious to know what people think. How do I get the 40% coupon? (asking for a friend )

Dee-Licious

I've been looking at this like everyday.... My Sally's doesn't have the 6 in 1; so I took it as a sign not to get it. (curbing my PJism) it does look awesome. curious to know what people think. How do I get the 40% coupon? (asking for a friend )
The code is right on Sally's website. 888116 is to be entered online or in store.

PJaye

I recently used two of the three products, but not at the same time. A few weeks ago, I used the Thermal Protector prior to straightening and I had pretty nice results. It's a light, non-water based heat protectant that produced soft, shiny, silky, weightless hair (I didn't blow dry before straightening, so perhaps that had an effect on the results I received). This product has knocked my staple, Redken Heat Glide, out of the top spot. Last week, I used the Pre-Poo Conditioner on dry hair prior to cleansing and DCing. The consistency is creamy and somewhat slimy, which allowed for it to provide me with a sick amount of slip. I let it sit for over an hour under a cap and when I rinsed, my hair was silky soft, smooth, highly moisturized and emollient. Emolliency in a conditioner is a rare occurrence, so I've since upgraded the Pre-Poo Conditioner to DC status. FWIW, it took two packets to fully saturate my hair.

I didn't bother with the shampoo because I had no interest in it, and I wasn't in the mood for disappointment.

Dee-Licious

hmmm... the youtubes look promising.

Crazy part is that I'm not even really in a full straightening mood. I'm trying to do more textured styles right now. Idk if I'll be able to beat this price once I'm ready for straight hair again.

demlew

@JerriBlank @AgeinATL @demlew Are you all still using this? Any long term effects on your hair? How often are you using this? Are you natural or relaxed?

I'm relaxed. I will definitely re-purchase the pre-poo, but not the shampoo or heat protectant. I used the shampoo once a week for three weeks and my hair felt thinner and with a slightly coarse texture even though I experienced no shedding. My hair went back to normal after I used my usual shampoo. The heat protectant is too expensive (imo) considering it performed the same as others I've used in the past. That said, I love the pre-poo. It's especially helpful when I'm stretching my relaxer.

ETA: Funny because I didn't read the other posts until after I wrote my review. Seems like there's a consensus. I really wish they sold the pre-poo in a jar. It's too gooey to sell in a tube, but it's an awesome product.

Last edited:

Dee-Licious

I'm relaxed. I will definitely re-purchase the pre-poo, but not the shampoo or heat protectant. I used the shampoo once a week for three weeks and my hair felt thinner and with a slightly coarse texture even though I experienced no shedding. My hair went back to normal after I used my usual shampoo. The heat protectant is too expensive (imo) considering it performed the same as others I've used in the past. That said, I love the pre-poo. It's especially helpful when I'm stretching my relaxer.

ETA: Funny because I didn't read the other posts until after I wrote my review. Seems like there's a consensus. I really wish they sold the pre-poo in a jar. It's too gooey to sell in a tube, but it's an awesome product.

Think the heat protectant is worth it at 40% off? Which cheaper versions have you used that compare?

The shampoo is the part I'm most skeptical about buying.

demlew

Think the heat protectant is worth it at 40% off? Which cheaper versions have you used that compare?

The shampoo is the part I'm most skeptical about buying.

Yes, I'd buy the heat protectant at 40% off. That would put it in line with others I've bought in the past. Plus, it's really light, effective, and smells good. Others I've used: ORS olive oil, Silk Elements in the tan bottle, and Beyond the Zone. They were all meh. I usually use GVP Silk Remedy when blow-drying, so I rarely flat iron anymore. I miss Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide (I'm sure I butchered that name lol)

Dee-Licious

Yes, I'd buy the heat protectant at 40% off. That would put it in line with others I've bought in the past. Plus, it's really light, effective, and smells good. Others I've used: ORS olive oil, Silk Elements in the tan bottle, and Beyond the Zone. They were all meh. I usually use GVP Silk Remedy when blow-drying, so I rarely flat iron anymore. I miss Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide (I'm sure I butchered that name lol)

I'll buy it this weekend. Thanks!

Dee-Licious

The heat protectant spray is sold out at the 2 Sally's near me that carry it. It's sold out online. I won't buy it without the 40% off which ends today, so it must not be meant for me to try.

guyaneseyankee

The heat protectant spray is sold out at the 2 Sally's near me that carry it. It's sold out online. I won't buy it without the 40% off which ends today, so it must not be meant for me to try.
yeah the lady in the store told me it was an manufacturer issue. I managed to get it online, waiting for it now.

I, remember, don't have plans of using mine anytime soon, but I will report back if and when I do.

Dee-Licious

I bought the heat protectant today with Sally's September 40% off code. A free pre-poo came with the purchase of the shampoo or spray, so I got it also.

NatalieMochaccino

I liked this line, the shampoo can be a bit drying but you can just follow up with some of the thermal wonder conditioner, detangle and then rinse the conditioner out. My hair always comes out extra bouncy when I use this line.