Pre-Poo Through 2013 Challenge

DominicanBrazilian82

Did someone say challenge?! :cowgirl:

We are a little more than halfway through with 2013, but increased moisture may be just what we need to increase our growth by years end... Might even add to our "summer spurts"!

Pre-poo = Pre-Shampoo Treatment/Conditioning

Pre-pooing is super beneficial to your wash/co-wash day!!! It helps with stripping and drying as caused by shampoos. It can also boost your co-wash session by adding increased slip and manageability. Some pre-poo by doing a HOT (Hot Oil Treatment)... Others pre-poo by steaming on dry hair with their favorite conditioner. However you pre-poo... Lets do it together!

Joining this challenge is simple...

1. Prepoo at least 1x monthly (1x weekly if you're really bout that life)...

2. Answer the following questions to join:

a) Current Hair Length
b) Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural/Transitioning
c) Pre-poo Process/Products
d) End-of-Year Goal Length
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc)
e) Most Recent Length Check Pic

3. Post your process each pre-poo session.

From each other we can learn techniques, processes and, my favorite, products!!!

Challengers
DominicanBrazilian82
EnExitStageLeft
TopShelf
NaturalEngima
MileHighDiva
AlliCat
sexypebbly
Atdow71
Honey Bee
Babygrowth
HairPleezeGrow
SunySydeofLyfe
felic1
Rozlewis
TeeBee
MsLiss
keranikki
Lita
uofmpanther
narsinthemorning
DarkJoy
mshoneyfly
FlyyBohemian
hnntrr
YellowMellow
Killahkurlz
Duchess007

Last edited:

DominicanBrazilian82

a) Current Hair Length Between SL and APL
b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning Relaxed
c) Pre-poo Process/Products Oil then Condish (Steam or Overnight)
d) End-of-Year Goal Length Full APL
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) 1-2/week

image-1387099378.jpg

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

a) Current Hair Length BSL
b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning Texturized
c) Pre-poo Process/Products H.O.T
d) End-of-Year Goal Length Inching Towards WL
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) 1x a week
2013-04-27_15.01.19.jpg

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Yikes!!!! I think I want to join. I get much less hairs in the tub during my wash day when I pre-poo.

1. Prepoo at least 1x monthly (1x weekly if you're really bout that life)...

a) Current Hair Length: between shoulder and APL

b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning: natural but may texlax during this challenge

c) Pre-poo Process/Products: coconut oil and maybe amla oil with any one of my various conditioners. part hair in 6, slather oil on 1st and then the conditioner and then some more oil. plastic cap and then off to sleep.

d) End-of-Year Goal Length: FULL APL

e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc): the goal is weekly

e) Most Recent Length Check Pic: July 2013

3. Post your process each pre-poo session.

Last edited:

NaturalEnigma

Prepoo 1x weekly

a) Current Hair Length: Arm Pit Length Stretched
b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning: Natural
c) Pre-poo Process/Products: Overnight hot oil treatment with African Natural 10 in One Oil
d) End-of-Year Goal Length: Bra strap Length
e) Pre-poo Frequency?: 1.5 weeks
e) Most Recent Length Check Pic: As soon as I figure out how to post pics :lol:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
a) Current Hair Length BSL
b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning Transitioning
c) Pre-poo Process/Products EVCO, Vatika Oil and Frosting, and SD Pre
d) End-of-Year Goal Length Full MBL
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) These fine stands can only handle the cleanse routine every 10-14 days. I listen to my scalp and hair.

**Added length check photos taken on 7/31/13 on 8/4/13**

Last edited:

AlliCat

I'm in!

I love pre-pooing especially b/c I still use sulfates from time to time. Once a month is more than reasonable too.

a) Current Hair Length: MBL
b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning: Relaxed (currently 3 months post and planning to stretch for another 2 months at least.)
c) Pre-poo Process/Products One or a mix of the following oils: coconut, grapeseed, JBCO, Vitamin E oil. I also have recently purchased wheat germ oil and Emu oil soo might be incorporating those too. I use a mix of oil and/or liquid leave-in conditioner to double as a detangler and a pre-poo. Currently my fav is Komaza Califia Moisturizing Spray diluted with water.
d) End-of-Year Goal Length Waist length is ambitious but possible..
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) every wash day (Leave-out weekly. Whole head every 2 weeks)

Atdow71

a) Current Hair Length - almost shoulder length in the back, 1/2 way chin length in the front
b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning -Natural
c) Pre-poo Process/Products - usually w/ castor oil. Part in 6-8 sections, slather a generous amt of oil and remove shed hairs, twist hair back up take a nap, or go to sleep if done overnight or steam.
d) End-of-Year Goal Length - full shoulder inching towards apl / bottome of the chin in the front inching towards neck
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) 3-4 times/month
e) Most Recent Length Check Pic- I'll add the pic later

My pic sucks today

Twist out

Last edited:

Honey Bee

a) Current Hair Length Skimming apl, but I'm trimming next week
b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning Texlaxed
c) Pre-poo Process/Products Something protein-y but moisturizing for my fine strands, either Emergencia or Aphogee 2 min
d) End-of-Year Goal Length Bsl
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) 1x/ wk
e) Most Recent Length Check Pic Don't have one, will be straightening, trimming, and taking pics this weekend

Babygrowth

a) Current Hair Length NL
b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning relaxed/texlaxed
c) Pre-poo Process/Products spray hair with tea, apply oil, then apply DC let it sit for however long I feel like it; My products vary but I like to use either gleau oil, or cocojbco oil, my tea mix usually is Njoi's tea mix with added hibiscus and marshmallow root, I'm using Naturelle grow intense DC and when thats gone I will probably use tresemme naturals
d) End-of-Year Goal Length SL
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) 2x week
e) Most Recent Length Check Pic Will have to do this next month.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
a) Current Hair Length: Crown- NL, Nape- SL, Front- top of lip
b) Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning: Natural
c) Pre-poo Process/Products: any of HQ oils. Will apply to the length of hair after applying my NJoy oil and will dc.
d) End-of-Year Goal Length: Full SL
e) Pre-poo Frequency?: at least once per week
e) Most Recent Length Check Pic:

ForumRunner_20130723_104041.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

sexypebbly

Answer the following questions to join:

a) Current Hair Length Neck length
b) Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural/Transitioning Natural
c) Pre-poo Process/Products Coconut, olive, vitemin e, and other various oils with a conditioner.
d) End-of-Year Goal Length Shoulder length
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) 1x a week
e) Most Recent Length Check pic Will add soon

Babygrowth

I prepooed last night with my tea mix, KBN creamy conditioner and gleau oil. My hair was very soft but not as detangled like when I use a slippy DC'er so from here on out I can only prepoo with thick DC'ers.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
5 Reasons you should Prepoo:
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlr...&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130726_daily

Moisture

Curls and waves are always in need of moisture – and a prepoo treatment is sure to give us added, extra moisture when applied. Seasonal stress on hair such as heat, humidity, wind, salt water, etc, can leave curls extra dry. Adding a prepoo treatment to hair helps to restore lost moisture.

Avoiding “over clean” hair

Though we all want our hair to be clean, sometimes, “squeaky” clean can be too much. Shampoos and other products can often strip the necessary oils that our curls need for shape, shine and definition – prepoo treatments help restore those oils and protect hair follicles.

Get the tangles out!

When using a prepoo treatment, you can take care of detangling hair a lot easier than after it’s washed. Breakage occurs much more often with wet hair, than dry. Therefore, applying the prepoo treatment and allowing it to sit on your hair for 15-30 mins, will help detangle locks and lessen breakage.

Make the most of your conditioner

We often use our favorite conditioners a bit too much. So much so that after time, they start to not have as great as an effect as they had some time ago – because they lack a place to “hang on to.” As your hair is stripped of oils, the conditioner you follow up with will simply be washed away before it leaves you any benefits. A prepoo treatment will allow your conditioner to find it’s place back in your regiment and treat your curls to more moisture.

Say “ahhhh”…

After a pre-poo treatment you should notice soft locks, shiny ones too. Your hair and scalp will be ever so grateful for helping restore some moisture and restorative oils that have been lacking. Making prepoo a part of your regular routine will show great improvements to your hair’s texture and sheen.

Last edited:

DominicanBrazilian82

5 Reasons you should Prepoo:
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/kinky-hair-type-4a/5-reasons-you-should-pre-poo?utm_source=nc_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130726_daily

Moisture

Curls and waves are always in need of moisture – and a prepoo treatment is sure to give us added, extra moisture when applied. Seasonal stress on hair such as heat, humidity, wind, salt water, etc, can leave curls extra dry. Adding a prepoo treatment to hair helps to restore lost moisture.
Avoiding “over clean” hair

Though we all want our hair to be clean, sometimes, “squeaky” clean can be too much. Shampoos and other products can often strip the necessary oils that our curls need for shape, shine and definition – prepoo treatments help restore those oils and protect hair follicles.
Get the tangles out!

When using a prepoo treatment, you can take care of detangling hair a lot easier than after it’s washed. Breakage occurs much more often with wet hair, than dry. Therefore, applying the prepoo treatment and allowing it to sit on your hair for 15-30 mins, will help detangle locks and lessen breakage.
Make the most of your conditioner

We often use our favorite conditioners a bit too much. So much so that after time, they start to not have as great as an effect as they had some time ago – because they lack a place to “hang on to.” As your hair is stripped of oils, the conditioner you follow up with will simply be washed away before it leaves you any benefits. A prepoo treatment will allow your conditioner to find it’s place back in your regiment and treat your curls to more moisture.
Say “ahhhh”…

After a pre-poo treatment you should notice soft locks, shiny ones too. Your hair and scalp will be ever so grateful for helping restore some moisture and restorative oils that have been lacking. Making prepoo a part of your regular routine will show great improvements to your hair’s texture and sheen.

Great info!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Just finished finger detangling with Vatika Frosting drenched fingers and pre-pooing. I have a processing cap on now. I'll wash in eight hours if I'm still bright eyed and bushy tailed. If not, I'll do my washing routine in the mornin'.

The Vatika Frosting is new to me, so I'll report back about it's performance, after I wash.

Last edited:

DominicanBrazilian82

Rozlewis will you be joining us? Silly question, of course you are :bighug: Answer the questions below so we can add you to the Challengers List:

a) Current Hair Length
b) Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural/Transitioning
c) Pre-poo Process/Products
d) End-of-Year Goal Length
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc)

Rozlewis

DominicanBrazilian82, yes I would like to join if it is not too late.

) Current Hair Length - SL
b) Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural/Transitioning - Relaxed
c) Pre-poo Process/Products - I use mainly oils for my pre-poo (GSO, EVOO, Amla, etc.)
d) End-of-Year Goal Length - APL or longer
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) - 1 x per week
e) Most Recent Length Check Pic - I would like to post a picture after I flat iron my hair but I don't plan to do that until mid-August right before my touch-up. I only use heat once every 3 months. I hope that is OK.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Rozlewis, what brand Amla oil are you using? I've been researching them and I've been contemplating buying Bio Amla Oil, because it doesn't have any mineral oil.

EnExitStageLeft

Going to Prepoo tomorrow with Hairveda Vatika Frosting or I may get fancy and use the Njoi Creations Ayurvedic Oil....who knows :).

felic1

Hello Everyone!
I am between SL and APL
I am Natural
I will be using coconut, olive, wheat germ, and sunflower for starters with a DC
I hope to be full APL by the December length check
I will pre poo weekly:yep:

Attachments

• 20130717_162316-1 (1).jpg
    20130717_162316-1 (1).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6