2009 MBL Challenge Update Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

audacity.

I just remembered who it was, BeautifulESQ. Look at her siggy and see how much of a difference it made.

WOW! i just looked at her pic and YES that is a HUGE difference and she was 15 weeks post...:shocked:

thanks for this info MSA, i'da never thought about that!

LongCurlyLocks

I don't know if I'm going to make it this year. I had stopped MTing and doing all the necessities for hair growth. I am back on it though. Hopefully I can catch up. Pray for me, yall!

anon123

Okay, here's mine:

The old bra had to be retired because of poor elasticity in the straps. Eh, what can we do? But I tried to measure with a measuring tape and got around 13 1/4". This means I've retained a whopping 1/2"-3/4" in almost 3 months. :lachen: But it's okay. I did do 1 trim and 1 dusting, so I'm sure I cut at least 1/2" in that time, too. The rest is breakage.

I think the bottom of the picture is mbl for me. I think/hope I can make that by the end of this year.

2themax

I'm slightly past BSL so I won't post yet. But when I hit MBL - I won't hesitate to post!! At the rate it's been growing lately it may be sooner than yall think:yep: Yaaaaaaaaay for summer!!

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Mwedzi I love your hair I think you might be my hair twin. I'm planning to relax in august and might use one of my passes to update. We'll see

Congraats to the ladies who made MBL already. KUTGW :)

Xavier

I did reach my midback goal, earlier this month, but my hair looks horrible. It looks so thin and lifeless. I am now working on thickening my hair big time.

*Michelle*

Checking in and I'm claiming it. Going off of the technique someone mentioned in the last thread, I measured my back and divided by two to find my mid back point. It lies midway through my brastrap. So there you have it.

Congratulations!!

I think i made MBL...but i will posting pics by the end of the year to see how much i can retain

Congratulations!!

Okay, here's mine:

The old bra had to be retired because of poor elasticity in the straps. Eh, what can we do? But I tried to measure with a measuring tape and got around 13 1/4". This means I've retained a whopping 1/2"-3/4" in almost 3 months. :lachen: But it's okay. I did do 1 trim and 1 dusting, so I'm sure I cut at least 1/2" in that time, too. The rest is breakage.

I think the bottom of the picture is mbl for me. I think/hope I can make that by the end of this year.

Congratulations!! Looks like MBL to me!

I'd like to join this challenge please, I think I can do this by 12/31. Question when measuring the back where are you starting from (top of spine to bottom of spine perhaps)?

My most recent pic is in my siggy.

audacity.

Okay, here's mine:

you are doing SOOOOOO well with your hair mwedzi!!!!! i'm LOVIN' it!!! you'll make it no doubt...you are REAL close...don't you just wanna claim it now :lol:

great job!

audacity.

:grin:mwedzi I always thought anything past bsl is mbl. Your hair is beautiful!

not really. i depends on how long your back is...who knows. we talked about where MBL is in the 2nd update thread and i think we were in agreement that it's the most subjective length to determine.

i say you're MBL when YOU say you're MBL, cause for some people BSL=MBL :ohwell:

just like for some APL=BSL :blush:

*Michelle*

not really. i depends on how long your back is...who knows. we talked about where MBL is in the 2nd update thread and i think we were in agreement that it's the most subjective length to determine.

i say you're MBL when YOU say you're MBL, cause for some people BSL=MBL :ohwell:

just like for some APL=BSL :blush:

LOL...yeah it = confusion to me! So I'm going by that measuring and divide by two. Guess what it might be BSL :blush:. I think I wear my bra's low...off to go check AGAIN!!!!

anon123

you are doing SOOOOOO well with your hair mwedzi!!!!! i'm LOVIN' it!!! you'll make it no doubt...you are REAL close...don't you just wanna claim it now :lol:

great job!

Thank you, and thanks to everyone who commented on my picture. :grin: I don't want to claim it just yet. It feels like MBL hair should be *long* and my hair doesn't feel long yet. Maybe that's just because of shrinkage. You can see in the pic that the section of hair right next to it is shrunken to neck length. :blush:

I think I'm going to claim mbl when I'm halfway between bsl and wl. BSL is 12.5" for me, and WL is about 17.5", so once I get to 15" from my nape, I'll call it MBL.

Congrats on the thickening up! And congratulations to everyone else, too, but this thread needs more pictures! Where is everybody?

hurricane

LHDC, thanks. I'm encouraged by hearing yours stopped.

Sucks, man! I was well on my way too. I was passed BSL when I gave birth a year ago, and was on my way to MBL, but after many trims I am above BSL now. And will probably continue the trims out of necessity.

Health before length, is my motto for the remainder of the year.

But I'll keep an eye on all of you ladies to stay positive. Good luck to all of you! :bighug:

Do some tea rinsing. Does not have to be aryuveda. I think Iris has a thread on tea rinsing, which some members said helped their shedding.

tnorenberg

Finally checking in. I have not been able to take any worthwile pictures with my camera phone but I am past BSL (BSB) but just above MBL. I think maybe 2 inches will do me good. By the way...my hair doesn't look nearly as scraggly when its dry.

Attachments

• 0628090036.jpg
    0628090036.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

MrsHouston

Don't think I'm gonna make it this year. My postpartum shedding has been tangling up in my ends. I've been constantly snipping ends for many months now. My new goal is 2010, hopefully the shedding would have stopped by then. I am toying with the idea of stretching for about 4 months, which ends this August, and cutting off a good portion to start fresh. Good luck to the rest of you ladies.

Feel encouraged. I lost a lot of hair during my pp shedding, but my length didn't change. Try to comb once a week in the shower and limit touching your hair. I also used the Alter Ego Cren to help. This worked for me, even though I didn't see the outcome until the shedding stopped 3 mos. later. This time I will incorporate homemade garlic treatments and wear wigs for protective styling.

I'm not officially in this challenge, but trying to make it to MBL too and I hope this helps you.

MrsHouston

Do some tea rinsing. Does not have to be aryuveda. I think Iris has a thread on tea rinsing, which some members said helped their shedding.

Try catnip tea if you're not breast feeding.

hairdrama:{

I think i made MBL...but i will posting pics by the end of the year to see how much i can retain

are you going to make us wait that long to see your :lick: hair....lol

That's what i was thinking. LHDC, i think you'll be able to see better results once you relax.

ITA :yep: wait 'till you relax

Okay, here's mine:

You are soooo close...:grin:

I think my MBL is like 2" or 3" past BSL; I got a taste of it last month but had to trim......:ohwell:, hopefully by Dec 09 I'll be there...:yep:

Lady Esquire

Hurricane, I will definitely try that. I got that tip many months ago and never did. I'll read up on the tea rinsing thread. Thank you.

Feel encouraged. I lost a lot of hair during my pp shedding, but my length didn't change. Try to comb once a week in the shower and limit touching your hair. I also used the Alter Ego Cren to help. This worked for me, even though I didn't see the outcome until the shedding stopped 3 mos. later. This time I will incorporate homemade garlic treatments and wear wigs for protective styling.

I'm not officially in this challenge, but trying to make it to MBL too and I hope this helps you.

Thank you, and yes, I do feel encouraged. MrsHouston, you're right about that Alter Ego. I tried it once or twice and saw some decrease months ago. Then for whatever reason, I stopped, and started to shed like an animal - no exaggeration.

I used Alter Ego again last week, and I saw a major decrease in shedding. So, it's a keeper in my rotation, for sure this time.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Still in this. I flatironed my hair last week and mu hair is just brushing the top of my bra. It seems like my growth has stalled. But I think I'ss still make MBL by December, if not MBL then full BSL

crazydaze911

Still think i will wait till AT LEAST september, if not till the december end date to post pics of my progress. my hair grows very slow so the longer i wait, the more likely i am to be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed..

lilsparkle825

i lost my motivation for a while because i was without innanet and couldn't get on LHCF when i was having "bad hair days"...

...but it's coming back! i'm wearing my hair straight this week, and i am about 1-1.5" from BSL. i think i can graze MBL, or at least be close to it, by december 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.