LHCF Stylin' School challenge

renren

Hey ladies, this is the official stylin' challenge. We work so hard to have beautiful, healthy hair.... and then what do we do? Roll it up in the same bun every single day :perplexed.
Come one girls, we can do better than that. This challenge will help us learn to style and get creative with our hair...after all, we want to enjoy it and feel confident about it right?

So this is how it will work,
1. Every week, I am going to post a tutorial of a new protective style. This 'style of the week' is what we would be practicing.

2. A minimum of 2 attempts of the style should be made during that particular week.

3. On atleast one occasion a 'personal touch' should be added to the style.This can be a flower, a side part, bangs, head band, clip.... something..anything.

4. Pictures must be posted of your attempts so that we all can benefit and learn.

That's it..... simple... so for example..the style of the week maybe a high bun.... I have to try it atleast twice for the week. I would do it once the way I see it in the tutorial and on my second attempt I would place a flower clip at the side of the bun (personal touch).

The purpose of this thread is to help ladies show-off their beautiful hair that they have worked so hard for without risking the health of the hair in the process. We all know it is difficult to retaining length if you wear ur hair open all the time (atleast for me it is).

Everyone plz feel free to PM me with styles you would like to try!!! Im not sure how many ppl. would be interested in this challenge but if anything, I think this thread would be a great resource for those interested in PSing.

Thanks Ladies and happy stylin'

Participants

renren
lovegymnasts
crowncola
louisex3
danniegirl
cia garces
esi.adokowa
faithVA
hairlosophy
thelovelystyle
topnotch1010
fitnessmommy

Last edited:

lovegymnasts

This is the first challenge that I have even remotely been tempted to join but the attempt twice a week is putting me off a little since I only comb and style my hair once a week on wash day.

Also is this geared more toward relaxed or natural or either?

Look forward to seeing what happens.

Aireen

Cute challenge and also seems informative for newbies and people that want tips for styling for certain occasions! I'll be peeking in regularly for tips! :grin:

Last edited:

renren

This is the first challenge that I have even remotely been tempted to join but the attempt twice a week is putting me off a little since I only comb and style my hair once a week on wash day.

Also is this geared more toward relaxed or natural or either?

Look forward to seeing what happens.

Its not really geared towards any group... most of the styles would be updos and stuff. Variations on buns... styles using hair sticks..banana clips etc..

the attempt twice a week is putting me off a little since I only comb and style my hair once a week on wash day

I understand, maybe you can do the style, then add your PT 'personal touch' throughout the week with out taking the whole thing down. Just an idea to think about.

renren

Also, I forgot to mention that you dont have to try every single style that I post up. You can skip a few if you dont like them..

If you are not sure how to incorporate into ur hair type (relaxed natural etc.) or hair length.. holla at us... im sure someone can help.

CrownCola

Please enroll me as well. :lol:
I'd love to add some new updo's (among other things) to the list of styling options.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

renren

:wow:
:thewave:
:yay::yay::yay:

im getting excited...

So I was thinking that by the Wednesday of the previous week, I should let you know what the style for the following week would be... eg. this wednesday 2nd Feb., I would let you know what the style for week of the 6-12th Feb would be. To give ppl. time to gather tools etc. like bobby pins, hair stick, clip watever.

Is this ok?

Louisex3

Sign me up! :)
i've been lurking trying to find a challenge, and this seems quite good :)
how long is this challenge lasting?

danniegirl

I would love to join i think im good with styling however my own hair is only long enough to look in aww, but i will be braiding my hair up this weekend so i look forward to showing off a bit.

HHG

cia_garces

Hmm..... didnt think about dat yet... lol:lachen:

Any suggestions?

I'm still fairly new, so I don't have a concrete suggestion on the timeline but I do suggest looking at some of the other challenges and gauging from there. Me personally, I'm super ADD, so I'd prefer a 6 month challenge, but maybe a year long one might be better. That didn't seem very helpful for some reason. :lol:

:wow:
:thewave:
:yay::yay::yay:

im getting excited...

So I was thinking that by the Wednesday of the previous week, I should let you know what the style for the following week would be... eg. this wednesday 2nd Feb., I would let you know what the style for week of the 6-12th Feb would be. To give ppl. time to gather tools etc. like bobby pins, hair stick, clip watever.

Is this ok?

I love it!!! Great idea!!!

esi.adokowa

sign me up!
I'm attempting to get through my next stretch without the use of extensions, so I think this challenge will be a good fit for me.

Sexyred

I would love to sign up but I am in braids until the end of feb. This may have been the only challenge I have been interested in I get bored easily at times

renren

I would love to sign up but I am in braids until the end of feb. This may have been the only challenge I have been interested in I get bored easily at times

Well its going to be alot of updos and buns so you could probably do it with your braids just for practice if you want. :yep:

faithVA

Well its going to be alot of updos and buns so you could probably do it with your braids just for practice if you want. :yep:

That is a good idea. I hadn't though thought of that. My hair isn't long enough to bun or updo. I do plan on putting kinky twist in the middle of February. And that would be great practice for later.

I would like to join. And I will jump in as soon as I put my extensions in on the 21st.

I think taking pictures though is going to be a bigger challenge than styling. So I better use the next 20 days to figure out how to work my camera :nono:

renren

That is a good idea. I hadn't though thought of that. My hair isn't long enough to bun or updo. I do plan on putting kinky twist in the middle of February. And that would be great practice for later.

I would like to join. And I will jump in as soon as I put my extensions in on the 21st.

I think taking pictures though is going to be a bigger challenge than styling. So I better use the next 20 days to figure out how to work my camera :nono:

Great....welcome!!! Thanks for joining...

Hairlosophy

I think this is a good idea also. My hair isn't long enough for a bun (but long enough for updos), but I'll make my variations, (plus I plan on putting in some yarn braids this month).

I'd like to join too...

renren

So guys today is the day.... your secret style for next week is going to be revealed:ninja:... lol... dum....dum....dum..

Seriously doh its going to be a pretty simple style.... hope yall are not like :ohwell::perplexed:look: when I post the vid. later