LHCF Stylin' School challenge

renren

fitnessmommy and renren,
You both make me a little jelly of your lengths.
Both your buns are nice and big.

Im actually gona practice getting the bun a little tighter..so it wouldn't look so big.. can't go nowhere wit my bun protruding like dat.

Im not exactly sure what ur supposed to do with your hair at the nape area (dats the back of the head right?) Is it jus supposed to be loose. Or should I be grabbing the hair from the bottom there when im bringing the left and right side in??

lovegymnasts

Im actually gona practice getting the bun a little tighter..so it wouldn't look so big.. can't go nowhere wit my bun protruding like dat.

Im not exactly sure what ur supposed to do with your hair at the nape area (dats the back of the head right?) Is it jus supposed to be loose. Or should I be grabbing the hair from the bottom there when im bringing the left and right side in??

:scratchch No clue regarding the technique but
When I did not get the hairstick in just right, either the bottom would fall down or it would be very loose.
Maybe you could pull the hair up higher before your fold the sides over?

renren

:scratchch No clue regarding the technique but
When I did not get the hairstick in just right, either the bottom would fall down or it would be very loose.
Maybe you could pull the hair up higher before your fold the sides over?

Yes... good thinking!!!:grin: Ill do this tom.

pringe

I'm down with this thread! Awesome idea and I do PS 75% of time for month and 1 week off. So down to learn new styles!!! My hair is nowhere near as long as you guys though.

CrownCola

Doh! I didn't think to post pics of my fail. But I'm doing my twists smaller which might help the overall look. Will try to post pics this weekend. :yep:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

lushlady

Great thread! I hope to join you all when it gets warmer outside. Right now I am hiding my hair.

Hairlosophy

Here's my contribution for today...

Its not the neatest but I'm just running errands today so its cool lol

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

renren

Here's my contribution for today...

Its not the neatest but I'm just running errands today so its cool lol

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

Good job!!!! What are those clips you used? Gave the style a whole new look. Lovin those earrings btw!!!

ebsalita

renren

Wowzers! Anyone ever tell you you're a genius? Absolutely fantastic idea I currently wear my hair braided while it's growing so I can get on with daily life without the "hassle" of styling and detangling. I want to remove the braids at some point and wanted to begin taking it out for a week or so between braidings so I can begin to get used to styling my own (natural) hair for short periods as a kind of practice run of life post braids.

Subbing for future use, lady! (I have never subbed a thread here before)

Big thanks :yep:

Hairlosophy

Good job!!!! What are those clips you used? Gave the style a whole new look. Lovin those earrings btw!!!

Thanks!:drunk: Those are just hair combs in my hair, I have a hard time using bobby pins to tuck in my hair without them popping out and flying everywhere...lol :perplexed

Louisex3

Tried the southern tease bun
it looked awful
don't think my hair was long enoughh :(
sorry guys, will attempt the new style though :D

renren

Hey Ladies,

I apologise for being late with the style for next week and my pics. Im fighting the flu and have been really out of it for awhile. So the style for next week is the Chinese Bun. See pictorial at the link below. I will post my pics of the tuck and roll soon.

The Styling Station: Chinese Bun

Thanks again ladies for your contributions and HHS!!!

brnz271

brnz271

I have a new video to add. It's a ponytail style, but it can easily be converted into a bun style. I just tried this style out on Saturday (wore it to the mall) and I have been loving this style. It is fast, simple and really easy to do. I feel like it's a perfect style for just a normal day (going to the mall, movies, running errands, etc). The link is below.

Kim Kardashian Inspired Ponytail Hair Tutorial

CrownCola

Oh... yeah. Been a bit preoccupied style wise lately. Sorry guys, think I'm flunking this semester. :sad:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

renren

Hi Ladies,

I must apologise AGAIN for being late with the style of the week. Please bare with me, im dealing with sum personal issues right now.... its been a difficult time for me.

So let me keep this short and sweet, the pomp & cinnabun is the next style we will be trying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN4DVwg5kLY&playnext=1&list=PL318A33E15B9DFD30

Thanks so much to lovegymnasts for her time and effort in this challenge.

I will try to get some of my pics transferred from my cam and posted up today.

Thanks again ladies and HHS!!!