Long Term Transitioners - How close are you to goal?

Cherokee-n-Black

Aw crap, I just typed all this stuff and got a broken link error message! Hopefully this is not a dupe.

I know everyone's goal is different, so a few questions:

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time?

What is your goal?

Do you plant to BC?

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal?

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing?

My answers:

My goal is based on hair length

I'm trying to get my unstretched natural hair to chin-length - shoulder length

I probably will BC, but not sure when. I don't know if I will make it to goal before then.

To get to goal, probably another 8 inches (stretched)/1 year of transitioning.

I considered texlaxing, but want to give the (all) natural hair a go before I make that decision.

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? Length of time and hair.

What is your goal? I want to get my natural hair to shoulder length before I cut off the relaxed ends. I figure that will take me about 2 years.

Do you plant to BC? No

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? 1 1/2 years lol

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? Only a split second in my mind but I will not. I am in it for the long run. Gave away my last box of relaxer so I wouldn't be tempted to use it.

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? A little of both

What is your goal? MBL stretched

Do you plant to BC? Nope - other than the occasional trim

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? I have another year and ten months

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? Hell no

Last edited:
Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? Both. I want to transition for another year; but, if at that time I am not comfortable with my length I may go longer.

What is your goal? Shoulder Length or beyond.

Do you plant to BC? No, I will do small chops

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? Approximately a year.

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? No. If I did, I wouldn't have gone this long only to turn back. Going natural is my ONLY option

Wow, just realized I have been transitioning for a whole year! Time flies even when you are not having fun :(

Aw crap, I just typed all this stuff and got a broken link error message! Hopefully this is not a dupe.

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? hair length

What is your goal? APL stretched would be nice

Do you plant to BC? Maybe more like MC (mini-chop) every few months I snip off an inch or two

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? about another year

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? NEVER!

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? Strictly length. (I'm patient)

What is your goal? To grow my stretched natural hair to MBL (my current length)

Do you plant to BC? Nope. Just keep on growing...

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? If I were to cut now, I would have about APL stretched

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? No. I think some parts of the transition are easier than others, but I can get the " relaxed look" with my Sedu. Plus, I know my relaxed ( and even texlaxed) hair would never have the thickness my natural hair does.

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? probably a combo of both,but mostly length.

What is your goal? Shortest layers in front past sl stretched~apl

Do you plant to BC? Too late in the game for a bc at 2.5 yrs post

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? Pretty close to/maybe sl stretched in the front,got a bit to go before apl stretched. I think its safe to assume I'll be there by my 3yr mark. I am not sweating it, I may decide before then to just cut the remainder of relaxed ends off.

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing?Nope

Hair length.

What is your goal?

For my natural hair to reach at least APL

Do you plan to BC?

I'm not planning to, but who knows; dealing with 2 textures can get tiresome.

Pretty far, I am 10 months post now and I reckon I have at least another 18-24 months

All the time. Especially on humid days when no amount of Eco styler can keep the frizz at bay, while I see relaxed ladies with their sleek rollersets. I'm actually planning on being heat trained but I'm not really sure about that either. So right now, I'm just letting it grow out and hopefully I can make a concrete decision soon.

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? A bit of both! I want a combined length of Hip length minimum. A transition time of 2 years seems ok!

What is your goal? Stretched hair close to BSL!

Do you plan to BC? Yep, just very gently (so I don't faint...he he!)

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? 4 months to provisional BC time! We'll see. I'm WL at longest layers now.

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? Nope

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? Length of time
What is your goal? Transition for 18 months before BCing
Do you plan to BC? Yes
How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? I'm 16 months post, 2 months to my goal
Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? No

Both somewhat. I would like my natural hair to be at least around APL unstretched when I finish transitioning. I'm not familiar with my curl pattern (although since I am almost 5 months in I can see it well). I won't cut it all until next fall probably (unless I make it to my goal or a happy length before that).

What is your goal?
Short-term: APL natural. Long-term: Probably BSL unstretched. I may chop before I get there and just grow the rest of the way natural.
Do you plant to BC?

FAR! I am just 20 weeks into my transition! and 2 months into my HHJ.

No.... I've committed myself to this.

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? Both. I plan to transition for the next 3 years or however long it will take me to get to my goal.

What is your goal? MBL Unstretched :lick:

Do you plant to BC? At the moment no, but who really knows what will happen in the future. I'm just starting out on this journey and my NG is easy to deal with right now but things might change as more new growth set in.
How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? :lol:, not close at all. But im patient and so far so good.:yep:

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? Nope. Natural is it. I've had relaxed hair for most of my life and at the moment im tired of it. Im head set on natural hair.

Last edited:
I only recently decided to transition but I'm still going to try and contribute lol. I think Im about a month and a half post

Length of hair. I'm taking a lot of supplements (and seeing an increased growth rate) so hopefully it won't take too long.

What is your goal?
Long term goal is Waist Length. But I'll probably BC when my natural hair is at least armpit length (unstretched).

Do you plant to BC?
See above.

Very far. I just started.

Not yet.

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? both

What is your goal? waist length natural

Do you plant to BC? not really. will cut off the relaxed if any left when I will reach my goal

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? My hair should be waist length by July 2013. (24 months) last relaxer was July 2010.

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? No..When I feel to have straight hair I put a wig (I dont want to use any heat (straightened) more than 3 times a year)

I'm transitioning from bone-straight to texlaxed, it'll be 2 yrs in August. I don't know if that counts for your purposes, though, Cherokee-n-Black, but I'll just go ahead and answer anyway. :giggle::look:

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? Hair length, I grew it to apl and stayed there with mini-chops.

What is your goal? BSL

Do you plant to BC? Nope.

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? Less than .5" in some places, 1" in others.

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? I'd never go back to bone-straight, but I have been playing around with my texlaxing. At first, we left a LOT of texture, which I liked, but it caused all kinds of ssk's further down the strand, so I had to go a little straighter. Now that I'm almost rid of those straight ends, I might go back to a more textured texlaxed.

Hair length. I want to be at least BSB before I BC
What is your goal?
I need 8 more inches before I BC and Im sure I can do that in 1 year
Do you plant to BC?
Plan?....Yes
1 year away...July 3 2012 will be my BC day:drunk:
Hell no:lol:

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? length of time. Trying to transition to natural for 15 to 18 months.

What is your goal? MBL Stretched

Do you plant to BC? not really. will cut off the relaxed ends when I will reach my goal

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? 12 to 15 months away. *sigh*. Last relaxer was April 2010.

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? All the time but then i go on youtube and remind myself why i wat to go natural (lots of beautiful heads on there)

I have only transistioned about a year and a half... I couldn't do the big chop( too chicken). I base my goals on my length. at the moment I have a small fro (with shrinkage) and that was much more than I expected. I make sure I wash and get my hair styled every 2 weeks(my homegirl hooks me up!) oh and we have been using homemade shea-based product, that's makes a world of difference in non- drying of scalp
c6e4c029-5cd2-1198.jpg
c6e4c029-5cf8-6daa.jpg

my protective style is yarn twists. I swear by them! not a lot of stress on
my hair and easy to style!

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? Both length and time. I've always had long hair and didnt want to lose length.

What is your goal? I want to be BSL fully natural

Do you plant to BC? As I approach the 2 year transition mark I feel as if my hair isn't as long as I would like it to be. I am slowly trimming my ends (In fact, I have a trim scheduled today)

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? I would say I am within 6 months of cutting all of my relaxed ends

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? No, I have been able to mimic relaxed hair with a flat iron. My hair seems to press well.

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? hair length

What is your goal? Full MBL stretched/ flat ironed

Do you plant to BC? No, been transitioning and chopping a little bit at a time for at least a year now.

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? Pretty close. I hope to make it there by Dec 2011.:crossfingers:

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing?Nope. I actually did go from relaxed to texlaxed to transitioning.:spinning:

Is your goal based on hair length or length of time? Both

What is your goal? BSL streched or a 2 yr transition

Do you plan to BC? Yes

How close are you to BC'ing/to your goal? 2 more inches to BSL

Do you ever consider relaxing/texlaxing? No, I really love my natural hair

Back