Updated Ultimate Hair Length Goal

What is your updated ultimate hair goal?

• SL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • APL

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • BSB/BSL

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • MBL

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • WL

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • HL

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • TBL/Classic

Votes: 29 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janet'

My original goal was WL straightened/stretched. Now I'm there and I want more hair :look: I may stop once I reach HL but tailbone sounds fun too. Lol, I say this but I always end up dreading wash day and fantasize about cutting my hair to shoulder length or shorter :lol:

Doesn't it though?!! If that's your hair in your avi, you better not DARE cut it!!! :look::look:

Janet'

For the longest my ultimate hair goal was BSL...now that I'm creeping past BSL I want more!!! Honestly, my goal is to grow my hair as long as it can grow...my hopes are that it reaches at least waist, but i secretly want hip length because i'm greedy!!!

I don't think that's greedy at all!! Or...maybe I am greedy, too! LOL...:spinning::spinning:

Janet'

Yes keeping short term goals keeps me focused on the ultimate goal ahead :yep:

Agreed...I look at every long-term goal like an elephant. What's the best way to eat an elephant? One bite at a time...But my small goals keep me energized and make me believe that I can accomplish the long term as far-fetched as it might seem to others (which is why I don't really share it with many)...and why I love this place soooo much :2inlove:

LovingLady

HL straightened. Not sure what that would be in it's curly/coily state because I have extreme shrinkage. I just want my twist/braid outs to sit around APL. Right now, I am MBL and they sit at shoulder length.
Ugh!! That is the reason why I voted for TBL. I am approaching MBL and my hair sits at shoulder length. I would :love: APL twistouts but how long does my hair have to be to get it. :lol:

CurlyMoo

My goal was Classic, thigh length.
I have updated it to HL.
Currently MBL
I just don't think I will make it.
And HL is looking unrealistic as well.
The longest I have reached is partial WL from the nape area of my neck.
My hair is just not moving past where it is now.

Goombay_Summer

I'm being avaricious (in my country we'd say gravaricious) in that I want classic length hair. My orginal goal was WSL and tbh it seemed impossible at the time...like the stuff that fairytales were made of.

Dreams even impossible ones do come and I'm currently HL grazing TBL. Yes the a Fhairy godmother (the fairy godmother in charge of hair spells fairy with an 'h') was very kind to me. Now if only she'd transform my fine strands to medium or even thick ones.

Last edited:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I voted for waist length.

What is your updated ultimate hair length goal? Has it changed? If so, why or if not why not?
I think ultimately waist length is fine with me at this moment in time. I was that length before I transitioned to natural so reaching that again is my current goal. Once I reach it, I'll reassess how I feel and see if I want to continue on to HL or maintain WL.

Are you close to reaching your goal?

The longest section on my head is 0.5-1 inch below APL. Shortest section is NL. Hopefully within the next two years, the longest section will reach WL.

Janet'

My goal was Classic, thigh length.
I have updated it to HL.
Currently MBL
I just don't think I will make it.
And HL is looking unrealistic as well.
The longest I have reached is partial WL from the nape area of my neck.
My hair is just not moving past where it is now.

I remember you!!! Your hair has grown so much!!! I think that small goals might be the key to the breakthrough...Classic Length is :eek::eek:... I would definitely break that up into small manageable pieces...one bite of the elephant at a time...Don't give up though :2inlove:

Janet'

I'm being avaricious (in my country we'd say gravaricious) in that I want classic length hair. My orginal goal was WSL and tbh it seemed impossible at the time...like the stuff that fairytales were made of.

Dreams even impossible ones do come and I'm currently HL graving TBL. Yes the fhairy godmother (the fairy godmother in charge of hair spells fairy with an 'h') was very kind to me. Now if only she'd transform my fine strands to medium or even thick ones.

Looks like I need to hit up your Fhairy Godmother!!! :congrats: :congrats: to you!!! That is freaking awesome :toocool::toocool::toocool:. You make me feel like that's hope for me!!!

Janet'

I voted for waist length.

What is your updated ultimate hair length goal? Has it changed? If so, why or if not why not?
I think ultimately waist length is fine with me at this moment in time. I was that length before I transitioned to natural so reaching that again is my current goal. Once I reach it, I'll reassess how I feel and see if I want to continue on to HL or maintain WL.

Are you close to reaching your goal?
The longest section on my head is 0.5-1 inch below APL. Shortest section is NL. Hopefully within the next two years, the longest section will reach WL.

I have no doubt, you can do it!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

CurlyMoo

I remember you!!! Your hair has grown so much!!! I think that small goals might be the key to the breakthrough...Classic Length is :eek::eek:... I would definitely break that up into small manageable pieces...one bite of the elephant at a time...Don't give up though :2inlove:
Thank you for the encouragement.
I am plagued by single strand knots.
I think a 2 inch trim might help.
But I don't want to lose that much hair.
I currently have no trimming schedule.

I am toying with the idea of maintaining MBL for a few years with some light trimming and focusing on health rather than length.

SmilingElephant

I could've written this myself! :lachen: I'm grazing Hip Length as well! However, I need to get some new scissors so that I can trim my ends :)

I'm guessing I can reach full hip length by early next year :yep:

My goal is HL. I'm grazing right now, but I want to be full HL with healthy ends. I just had a trim so my ends are in good shape. Hopefully I'll be at goal by the end of the year. I don't plan to straighten again until then.

At this length my hair is APL unstretched - like in a braid out or twist out. With just my natural curl pattern, it still shrinks to shoulder length. I would never let it dry like that though.

Alta Angel

Short-term goal: BSL. I am currently past APL. I will self-trim in nov and continue doing medi-twists until the end of the year.
Long-term goal: WL. That's a lot of beautiful 4a/b hair. I'm good after that!