Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2024

What problem are you looking to resolve so you CAN have Luscious, Healthy Ends in 2024?

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Hey come here, let me ask you some things

• Have you ever seen the most epic, monumental Bun Drop ever recorded in the history of Long Hair Care Forum? We have.
That Epic Bun Drop:

• Are you interested in retaining up to six (6) inches of length in a 12 month period? Several people have shown proof they've done it.

• Want to figure out what tweak in your regimen may send your hair growing full speed down your back? Collectively, we've done that, too.

Now ask yourself, "Do you want some of this?"

OR better yet....

DO. YOU. WANT. SOME. OF. THIS?!!!!

Then come on and join us in 2024 because we've got some great things in store,
that may be even better than hair down to the floor,
such as beautiful, luscious, healthy hair ends, galore!

Last edited:

faithVA

I'm in. I realize I never joined the 2023 challenge.

My ends are better than they have been in the past. Looking to retain more in 2024.

Posting a starting pic for comparison. Was able to wear a flat twist out today and my ends cooperated.

20231229_115635_copy_800x759.jpg

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
@Plushottie do you think it could be because of the products? Every time I notice an issue, I always gotta do a check list, cause it would just bug me until I figure out the issue lol. I gotta see if it's products, handling (did I do something too rough, did I not detangle enough, is someone else the culprit, etc) is it my health, (mental or otherwise), am I sleeping crazy, etc. Something is not giving what it's supposed to give :lol:

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
@Plushottie do you think it could be because of the products? Every time I notice an issue, I always gotta do a check list, cause it would just bug me until I figure out the issue lol. I gotta see if it's products, handling (did I do something too rough, did I not detangle enough, is someone else the culprit, etc) is it my health, (mental or otherwise), am I sleeping crazy, etc. Something is not giving what it's supposed to give :lol:
I have done high, low, diy. I was pushing products like I was a distributor lol. Over the years it’s like ok maybe my hair is just dry. It can be moist for a min it’s soft even new growth but my ends since it’s the elder just do not like to stay united. I just trimmed this week and will be viligant.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
In the 2023 thread, I was asked how I microtrim my hair (thanks @Chicoro !). I was able to find a video that closely resembles how I microtrim. The only exception is that I divide my hair sections like a pie.

Micro-trimming video

I hope the link works.
If the link doesn’t work, I will repost in a different way.

I’m also here for the challenge. My goal is to continue to grow and retain. I would also like to fill in my edges, but I got my Daddy’s hairline so it is what it is lol.

Chicoro

In the 2023 thread, I was asked how I microtrim my hair (thanks @Chicoro !). I was able to find a video that closely resembles how I microtrim. The only exception is that I divide my hair sections like a pie.

Micro-trimming video

I hope the link works.

I’m also here for the challenge. My goal is to continue to grow and retain. I would also like to fill in my edges, but I got my Daddy’s hairline so it is what it is lol.
Oooooo thank you.
  1. You be twisting your hair around and trimming off the hairs sticking up and out?
  2. What is the difference between a micro trim and trimming 1/8 of an inch?
  3. Can you maybe show us on a wig how you divide your hair 'in a pie and and micro-trim', please?
  4. How often do you do this again, please?
Your results remind me of Wanakee's testimonial lady: Beautiful, thick, full and even!!!! I WANT THS, TOO!

Chicoro

Micro-trimming video

I hope the link works.

Micro trim.png

I followed a link from the video you posted. Would you say the par I have circled is the key to your micro trims?

The reason I continue to ask because every time I trim my hair I mess it up and overly butcher it. If I could trim my own hair beautifully and successfully and have it come out as gorgeous as your hair, I would be SOOO SATISFIED!

Chicoro

Micro trim.png

Circled part says:
  1. WHAT DOES THE HEALTHY HAIR
    MICRO TRIM INVOLVE?
    • › A prescriptive cleanse & condition at the backwash
    • › Hair is gently detangled and dried before cutting to enable easy split end removal.
    • › Hair is twisted in sections to reveal and remove split ends from mid lengths and ends.
    • › Hair is micro trimmed to remove dead ends (All hair is dead that you can see, not just the ends. chicoro note)
but still allow for length and growth.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
@Chicoro Heyyy :eyebrows2:

I have a few questions lol:
-When hair is twisted in sections, what type of twists? Two strand twists?
-How big are the sections? Are we talking
relaxer application thin or let's hurry up and section it so we can get through thin?
-How tight is the twists? Is it firm or loosely wrapped around your hand?
-Is the hair twisted all in one section or is it sectioned top and bottom? Soo, like this | or like this =

keranikki

Oooooo thank you.
  1. You be twisting your hair around and trimming off the hairs sticking up and out?
  2. What is the difference between a micro trim and trimming 1/8 of an inch?
  3. Can you maybe show us on a wig how you divide your hair 'in a pie and and micro-trim', please?
  4. How often do you do this again, please?
Your results remind me of Wanakee's testimonial lady: Beautiful, thick, full and even!!!! I WANT THS, TOO!
1. I do a half twist, since my hair is short, to see the shorter hairs. When I get to the back of my head, I smooth my hands against the grain of my hair to lift the shorter hairs. I gather the shorter hairs and trim.
2. There isn’t a difference.
3. I will try to make a video this weekend.
4. For 2023, I microtrimmed every 4 weeks. Twice, I stretched my trim to almost 6-8 weeks, but I had to trim more.

To me the goal of microtrimming is to minimize the damage split ends cause over time. It’s really useful when you are changing your regimen, so you can see if the products/processes are benefiting you. The better your care for your ends, the less you have to microtrim. Now, that I have a solid regimen, I’m hoping to stretch my micotrims to every 6-8 weeks.

keranikki

View attachment 493581

I followed a link from the video you posted. Would you say the par I have circled is the key to your micro trims?

The reason I continue to ask because every time I trim my hair I mess it up and overly butcher it. If I could trim my own hair beautifully and successfully and have it come out as gorgeous as your hair, I would be SOOO SATISFIED!
Yes! She explained it way better than I did!

keranikki

-When hair is twisted in sections, what type of twists? Two strand twists?
-How big are the sections? Are we talking
relaxer application thin or let's hurry up and section it so we can get through thin?
-How tight is the twists? Is it firm or loosely wrapped around your hand?
-Is the hair twisted all in one section or is it sectioned top and bottom? Soo, like this | or like this =
If you don’t mind, I can answer a few:
-hair is loose, then a section is twisted 2-3 times with medium tension. You want the shorter hairs to show themselves, not hide in the twist. I would not recommend microtrimming in twists or braids.
-sections are based on hair density and is sectioned from top to bottom in the video. I section my hair like a pie (smaller sections). I have medium to low density hair.
I hope my answers helped.

Chicoro

-When hair is twisted in sections, what type of twists? Two strand twists? - naked twists
-How big are the sections? Are we talking - pencil thin
relaxer application thin or let's hurry up and section it so we can get through thin? not sure
-How tight is the twists? Is it firm or loosely wrapped around your hand? loosely wrapped
-Is the hair twisted all in one section or is it sectioned top and bottom? Soo, like this | or like this = neither
I got my questions from the video that @keranikki posted and tried to answer, see bold above. Everything you are asking is in that video. So, I think if you check out the video you'll see, too.

Chicoro

1. I do a half twist, since my hair is short, to see the shorter hairs. When I get to the back of my head, I smooth my hands against the grain of my hair to lift the shorter hairs. I gather the shorter hairs and trim.
2. There isn’t a difference.
3. I will try to make a video this weekend.
4. For 2023, I microtrimmed every 4 weeks. Twice, I stretched my trim to almost 6-8 weeks, but I had to trim more.

To me the goal of microtrimming is to minimize the damage split ends cause over time. It’s really useful when you are changing your regimen, so you can see if the products/processes are benefiting you. The better your care for your ends, the less you have to microtrim. Now, that I have a solid regimen, I’m hoping to stretch my micotrims to every 6-8 weeks.
"To me the goal of microtrimming is to minimize the damage split ends cause over time. It’s really useful when you are changing your regimen, so you can see if the products/processes are benefiting you. The better your care for your ends, the less you have to microtrim"

Stated ingeniously and brillantly by @keranikki !!!!

That's it!!!!!

This is it!!!

This is a monumentous "AHA" moment for me.

I am doing this my next trim.

Last edited: