Maintaining straight hair in winter

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Hi ladies!

I'm lightly texlaxed and I need to wear my hair straight this winter. How are you ladies maintaining heat straightened hair? What styles are you wearing? I normally do and wash n go so I'm no where near heat trained.

caltron

I wear my relaxed hair straight all year around, but I don't have the healthiest hair care practices, so I am always reluctant to give advice, lol. My hair is in fairly good condition though all things considered since I'm retaining length, with no breakage or split ends and it's between SL and APL. But it could be a lot better and I am working on improving.

I do use heat every day to maintain a straight look. I use a very low heat setting to minimize damage. At night, I want to say I wrap and moisturize daily and then cover with a plastic cap, but more often than not I fall asleep before doing all of that.

I don't have any creative styles. I usually just wear it straight with the ends bumped under or a ponytail with bumped under ends. Sometimes in a blue moon I will try a bun, but my buns are nothing special. I saw a woman with a very pretty french roll type style with curls on top using those little clamp things. It looked very simple, but I have no idea how she did it.

I wash and deep condition once a week and blowdry and flat iron on low settings, but I plan to try my hand at steaming and rollersetting. I get a retouch every 3 months and trim about a quarter to a half inch at that time.

LongLeggedLife

I have been doing a straight routine for about a month now.
I start out flat ironed & wear it in a wrap for a day, then curl the next couple days preserved with nightly pin curls. As the flat iron gets 'old',I'll mist it with rose water & do twist or braidouts nightly with a water-based moisturizer to get some of the poofy-ness/volume back. Repeat the next week.

Ive been liking this style regimen, gives me a chance to experiment mid-week & Ive been playing around with the satin scarf braidouts mostly.
Washing about weekly to 10days at most.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Thanks ladies!!! I'm hoping to only wash every 2 weeks at the most. My hair is no longer trained to wrap so I think pin curls are a great idea!!! I was also thinking about braid outs or twist outs the couple of days before I wash. Thanks!!!!