Spinoff: Naturals and Relaxed- How Do You Wear Your Hair Most Days?

How Do You Wear Your Hair Most Days?

• Out (I Use Heat Every Day or Most Days)

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Protective Style (Wig, Weave, Braids,Twists, Etc.)

Votes: 129 50.8%
  • Low Manipulation Style (Braid-out, Twist-Out, Wash N Go, Etc.)

Votes: 134 52.8%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 15 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkChyld

Until recently, I was wearing wigs or blowing my hair out. The other day I got bold and wore a wash n go. I'm sick of the wash n go because my hair gets really frizzy. I've been mulling the idea of getting a weave again. I'm just sick of having to make a choice every morning. The combs in my favorite wig were wreaking havoc on my edges so I had to stop that. I may go back to two strand twist outs until I have enough to pay for my weave and install.

lolascurls

Protective styling is the key!
I'm all about the buns! I've been doing some low manipulation styles in the past 3 weeks (curly fro, Braidout, bantu-knot out) but the bun is my go-to style!
I'm learning to make my hair look smoother by layering on some moisturizing leave-in (sometimes a shea butter mix) and then applying aloe vera gel.
It worked well yesterday!
I'm transitioning to natural from texlaxed by the way! :)

tocktick

Currently, I wear buns most days of the week. I've finally found a way to make them sleek enough for my own tastes and hair thickness. Right now I'm still experimenting with how long I can keep them in for - I'm up to about 3 days thus far.

For 1 day of the weekday I'll wear a twistout - usually on a Friday (my TOs don't keep well, imo). This is actually how most of work colleagues seem to prefer my hair and men in generally seem to prefer it out. I prefer my hair up because I think it suits me best.

A few weeks ago, I was wearing braids with extensions but I got tired of them. I feel I take better care of my hair when it's out of braids and it's really not my no.1 preference anyway. I cannot foresee myself going back to extensions in the near future but given I've said this before :lol: - I never say never.

Platinum

Wash and go! I drive 18 wheelers so I usually don't have time for a lot of styles. Sometimes, I band my hair and baggy under hats. Banding helps reduce the amount of shrinkage, tangles, and knots (for MY hair).:yep:

I may go back to extension braids and twists for the winter.

jennia21

The summer has been alot of twists and twist outs, the winter - I'm not sure what I am gonna do , I want to go back to box braids but they take so long (to install and take out) now that my hair is longer.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I have been wearing twist outs and loose curls this summer. Not sure what I will do this fall. Probably the same since my hair isn't long enough (without shrinkage) for wash n puff or the next level. Still trying to avoid heat.

FroFab

Twists down or ponytail or pixie braids down or ponytail.

Edited: because I don't have much time to do other styles and it keeps me from handling my fine tresses too much.

Last edited:

PJaye

I used co-wash every other day and wear an air dried ponytail that was flipped up and secured with a claw clasp, but I didn’t like how my hair was responding to this method. So, since I spend a great deal of time indoors, lately I have been wearing my hair in 4-6 granny-Celie braids after my weekly wash (and I give all postal carriers that ring my door bell a very serious expression while I sign for my packages :grin:). When I go out, I loosen the braids, comb through and go.

Missjae09

I am wearing protective styles 100% of the time.. I've been wearing 2 strand twist for a little over a week.. and I think i'm going to roll this this until I get tired. (which probably won't be long)

Lynnerie

I'm natural and I wear mostly wash n go's because its less manipulation for me. Sometimes I put it in a puff or pulled back into a bun but wash n gos are my main hair style.

Once I have more length I will wear twists but I dont like how they look on me right now. I really dont like protective styles.

Mrs. Verde

Wash~n~go....winter, spring, fall, and summer. I don't get sick with a wet head in winter so I don't have to change my routine.

fivetimestwo

I transitioning and in the summer I switch up between twist outs and buns. I try not to bun too frequently because I am trying to baby my edges but since my natural hair is taking over, my twistouts are hit or miss now. :ohwell: In the winter time i wear half wigs with my hair braided underneath or I straighten if I'm bored and get tired of the half wigs.

MizAvalon

I PS most of the time with cornrows, buns, wigs.

I rarely wear my own hair blowdried and straightened. Probably haven't done that in over a year.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Currently, I wear buns most days of the week. I've finally found a way to make them sleek enough for my own tastes and hair thickness.
OP: not trying to hijack....
but tocktick, I have an OT question: what's your bun method?

nikolite

I'm usually in cornrows braided into a bun or twists in a bun with cornrows up front. I'm sooooo over twist-outs, puffs, WNG's, or any other "out" styles, which I did for years prior in between shrunken twists. I do this because I don't have to do anything to my hair for weeks, I can wake up and yank off my scarf and go, and its the ultimate in length retention.

brg240

I wear my hair in buns and pigtails(at home) for the majority of the time. Sundays generally a braidout.

I do this mostly because it's easier to do, takes way too long to do my hair, and I'm lazy. Also, want to retain length.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
my hair is usually out, in a braid n' curl, or twist n' curl. it's still too short to make a comfortable bun without loads of manipulation, and i like wearing my hair out.

right now, though, i'm in a kinky weave. i wear it in mostly rollersets.

ajargon02

I rarely wear my hair out anymore! It's all about retention for me. Really the only day that my hair is out is on wash day. I AM GONNA GET TO MY HAIR GOALS!!! :D

Kash

my hair is all natural and i wear my hair down every single day. my hair has to be free to blow in the wind. and i whip it around when i feel like flirting...it drives the men wild!:giggle:

candycan

I mostly wear my lightly texturized hair in a hair zhing or banana clip-even after co-washing and only straightening every 8-12 weeks with a rollerset then blow out at the roots only.