Using Mega-Tek in a braid regimen

Chameleonchick

I've been searching but I cannot find an answer. Does anybody apply Mega Tek while you are wearing braids? If so what is your regimen. I am getting micros, well not small micros, I guess medium size micros and I want to continue using Mega Tek. I thought about mixing it with water, but I don't know.

carameldiva

I've been searching but I cannot find an answer. Does anybody apply Mega Tek while you are wearing braids? If so what is your regimen. I am getting micros, well not small micros, I guess medium size micros and I want to continue using Mega Tek. I thought about mixing it with water, but I don't know.

I am using it with tree braids now and I used it with micros as well. With the tree braids because they are so small with little space in between, I purchased an applicator bottle and put megatek/castor oil/cherry vanilla sandalwood eo/micro-tek gel. I make sure to shake this well before applying and less is more when you have tree braids and micros.

Casarela

Hi Chamaleonchick, I have micros : pencil size micros. I have purchased MT and waiting on it. I plan on using it on my scalp only . There shouldnt be a problem because it seems like most people are using MT on their scalp only . By having micros guess what.... you have access to your scalp easily. I plan on continuing by spritzing my hair on a daily basis even when ill start with applying MT to my scalp on a daily basis . By spritzing my braids...It should be moisturizing enough to avoid an overload of protein on my hair strands.