"MN Dozens" Challenge

pistachio

Name inspired by CurliDiva, I thought to make a challenge for one year to grow one's hair 12"(1" per month) by way of using MN. You can use it alone or in a mix, but please list what you're using so that maybe someone can gain insight too. I know there's already an MN challenge but this challenge is to gain 1" per month EVERY month until January 2009. Who's with me?

Challengers:

CurliDiva
Lakshmi S
onecharminglady
SexySin985
apemay1969
OrangeMoon
Frustrated
AgapeQueen
Gemini350z

Last edited:

pistachio

Since I'm weaved up I use MN, sulfur, brahmi, cayenne pepper, and coconut oil in my mixture. In the warmer months when I wear my real hair I'll just use MN alone. I don't like greasy hair, and I will just use it without oil.

Last edited:

CurliDiva

Name inspired by CurliDiva, I thought to make a challenge for one year to grow one's hair 12"(1" per month) by way of using MN. You can use it alone or in a mix, but please list what you're using so that maybe someone can gain insight too. I know there's already an MN challenge but this challenge is to gain 1" per month EVERY month until January 2009. Who's with me?

Hey Pistachio - I'm with you!

I intend to use a blend of 1 tube of 2% MN (Walmart brand), Dr. Miracle Super Gro (a great tingle effect) and castor oil.

:weird: I'm hopeful that one inch per month is possible with MN!

Thanks, Curli

Lakshmi S

well i am on the bandwagon. I just started with MN. this is one of the non ayurvedic things i use.
recently i start to blow out my hair again. but with low heat. so i just use MN alone.

with my natural air dried hair i use Vatika oil with the MN. I heat up the oil with the MN in it and shake so it won't seperate. it stays together even after it cools.

Om Tat Sat

im in, ive been waiting on a challenge like this, was going to start one of my own, i will use mn with parnevu's t-tree growth cream, i love this stuff, cant wait til jan. 09

pistachio

I'm glad to have you guys aboard! Also, you may get more growth for the year since hair grows better in warmer months. I got 3/4" last month, but that was good considering that I only get 1/4" this time of year, and I only stared MN in the last two or three weeks of my relaxer cycle. This time, I'll know for sure the growth I got from MN.

SexySin985

I'm in!

I will be using MN Family Dollar brand mixed with Hair Fertilizer, Boundless Tresses and Peppermint Oil.

OrangeMoon

Count me in, I just need to stock up on some MN. Let's see where this gets me.

Mixture:

1 Tube Family Dollar MN
1-2 oz JBCO or Castor Oil
1-2 tsp sulfur
0.5-1 oz Surge
0.5-1 oz Amla Oil

Apply every night except for wash days (Wednesday/Thursday).

Frustrated

I'm in I have been using MN already but not consistently but this is a good time to start since I use mine last night.

Mix:

MN (Walmart brand)
sulfur 8
castor oil
jojoba oil.

AgapeQueen

:grin:I'm in...Currently i have a have of a my head sewed in...
I use 2 tubes of family dollar MN, 1/2 jar of sulfur 8 grease, and africans best hair oil because it contains mostly all the good oils (this is a cheaper way instead of buying a bunch of oils). I will take my hair down very month to three months and wash it, I will co wash every week... :up:

Zenobia61

I'm in. This is the first challenge I have joined since being a longtime lurker, but I bought some MN yesterday, I will prepare a mixture tonight and I will be consistent! Thanks for the motivation..

SmartyPants

I'm in.

I currently have an 8 oz. bottle mixed with the FD brand MN, sulfer 8 (mild smell), doo grow, Profectiv MegaGrowth Anti-Breakage Growth Revitalizer.

When I am done with that, my new monthly regimen will be as follows:

(1) Wash twice a week.

(2) One tube of Monistat 3 (4% MN) straight.

(3) When that tube of 4% is gone, I will use the FD 2% MN straight for the rest of the month.

I am tired of dealing with the mix so I am simplifying my MN regimen.

I guess this means we won't be getting any major cuts either?

Blessed2bless

I'm in girlie! I just started Saturday....but I'm having problems with shedding... no fault to MN, just shedding in general... can anyone give me any suggestions on stopping shedding:perplexed? I use MN 4% with castor oil, jojoba oil, hairobics grease and coconut oil.. every other day.

Last edited:

Coffee

I'm in!!

FD M7
mixture of oils from the bible?????
BB Moisture lotion

I got the oil from a lady at church whose hair is AWESOME!! She said she mixed together oils mentioned in the bible, but wouldn't give me her secret, just some oil.

Last edited:

Islandspyce

I'm in too, I'll start Sunday because I like to get a week off after a touch up to enjoy my hair!:grin:
My mix 6% MN, vitamin E, coconut and Jamaican castor oils, and a small dollop of EQ mango butter.

yodie

I'm in and could really use 12 inches.

I use FD MN brand straight up and mixed with castor, EVOO and peppermint oil.

Petite One

Ooh yeah, I'm in too.

Using CVS brand MN 4%, peppermint eo, rosemary eo, ORS jojoba oil(will be switching to pure jojoba oil), Organic olive and clove therapy by Africa's Best.

nycutiepie

I'm in and I started on Saturday. My mix is nice and creamy and I used the following:

1 tube of FD MN
Squirt of Elucence MB Conditioner
Squirt of Vatika Oil
A lil bit of horsey juice (MTG)

I'm applying it about every other day.

CurliDiva

OK just call me the queen of research, but ............

Another MN thread mentioned that white women on another "hair site" were getting down with MN too, so I decided to visit. :blush: Well, they have a huge thread (about 70 pages long) of memebers using MN for faster growth!

I noticed that most of our "paler" sisters do not mix MN with any other products. Most just apply a thin amount to their scalp a few times a week.
Some just mix it with water and massage in scalp (seems like a great way to make sure you get full coverage).

Maybe we could still great great result without applying daily - this would help to strech/limit the amount used for anyone concerned about long term effects.

BrockStar

I'm in! I started on Saturday. My mix is a little crazy so please don't judge me :look:

Tube of MN
2 TB of MTG
Bronner Bro's Growth oil(smells sooo good)
And here's the secret ingredient...
5 drops of Bath and Body works scented candle oil (the kind u burn in the thing with the tealight candle lit under it)...I hope it's not bad but the sweet smell is soooo strong that my mixture with MTG smells like ROSES!!!!! Lol, well actualy smells like Passion Fruit to be specific :grin:

I'm going to TRY to Bun at least 5 days a week. Good luck ladies! We're the guinea pigs! haha

btw, I can only use every other day b/c i cowash a lot.is this ok for the challenege?

Last edited:

missnurselady

Im in I will be starting my MN mix tomorrow after I get my Pixie Braids done! My Mix includes
1 tube Family Dollar MN
olive oil
amla oil
some type of sulphur product, currently using left over BT and MTG
rosemary eo
peppermint eo
* I found some pomada azufre in Texas but ive been using it on my face and i like it so maybe sulfur 8 when this first bottle is done

MJ

I want to join this challenged. I officially started Dec. 27, 2007. I apply the MN mix every other day. I may change the schedule, but will apply at least once each week. I'm in this challenge for a year.

ETA (Dec. 25, 2008): I totally failed this challenge. I think I'd used the MN mix for about 6 weeks, maybe less.

Last edited:

Bliss806

Hey Everyone!
I just joined LHCF today but I've been browsing through the threads for the past month. I tired using MN but my scalp started to itch a lot. I was wondering if this is a normal side affect or is there any way to prevent it.

CurliDiva

What is co-washing?? I am pretty lost on all the terms.

Welcome Bliss!:yep:

Co-washing means using conditioner to wash your hair. Shampoo can be drying, so many use a rinse-out conditioner (i.e. Suave, VO5, etc.) to wash hair since even conditioners contain mild deteregents (why they rinse our easily).

This is based on a book entitled Curly Girl.

Good luck, CD